From £3,095 week
The Cottage - Borgo Bastia Creti
Umbria & Tuscany Border, Umbria & Lazio, Italy
- Large shared pool
- Shared tennis court
- Club Bastia informal dining
About the villa
A delightful combination of rustic charm and contemporary comfort, this spacious split-level villa follows the contours of the sloping lawns which surround it, looking out to lovely rural views. One of five independent properties which form the little 'hamlet’ of Borgo Bastia Creti, The Cottage offers a secluded setting within the well-tended grounds, while enjoying shared use of the tennis court and a generously sized swimming pool. A former chapel within the exclusive enclave has been converted to become Club Bastia, a wonderfully Italianate social hub, with lounge and dining areas, where excellent evening meals may be ordered in advance, and a pretty outdoor patio is furnished for al fresco dining. Guests here could also opt for the added indulgence of cook service within the villa itself, where a breakfast kitchen opens out to a private dining terrace, there is get-together space in the comfy sitting room, and each of the spacious three en suite bedrooms is individually styled with rugs, rich fabrics and beamed ceilings. Just 5km from Antognolla Golf Club, Borgo Bastia Creti is 15km from Umbertide.
- Kitchen/breakfast room
- Sitting room
- Double bedroom (can be made up as twin) with bathroom en suite
- Double bedroom with shower room en suite
First Floor (Accessed by open spiral staircase)
- Master double bedroom (can be made up as twin) with bathroom en suite
- Double bedroom with bathroom en suite
- Twin bedroom with shower room en suite
- Satellite TV
- DVD Player
- CD player
- Selection of books
GAMES & SPORTS
- Table tennis
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms
- Shared - Racquets and balls available for hire
- Club Bastia is a peaceful and light 14th century chapel with high ceilings and frescoed walls, which is now an elegant but informal “Club” or sitting/dining area, where guests staying at Borgo Bastia Creti can watch TV, play the piano or relax in quiet comfort, and enjoy some excellent meals. Please enquire for pricing for the catering offering here
- Concierge service
- Bathroom amenities
An English speaking CV representative in Italy will be available by phone during your stay. Contact details will be sent with your travel documents.
Arrival from 16:00 - 19:00. Departure by 10:00.
Please refer to the Health & Safety pages on this website.
CV Villas is delighted to offer our own allocation of scheduled seats on British Airways from London Heathrow to Pisa. Please see the Flights page or contact us for more details.
Car hire can be pre-booked through CV Villas with collection at the airport.
A food hamper is available on request. It must be ordered in the UK pre departure and paid for locally. Please ask for details.
CV Villas offers a wide variety of additional services, to make your villa holiday even more special. You should be able to find all the information you need here, otherwise you can check out our frequently asked questions page or simply send us an enquiry.
Service & Staffing
- Welcome pack
- Maid service 1.5 hours per day 2 day(s) per week
- Linen change 1 day(s) per week*
AVAILABLE ON REQUEST AT AN ADDITIONAL COST
- Cook service
* On Saturday (extra changes are available on request for an additional charge)
*Club Bastia is a peaceful and light 14th century chapel with high ceilings and frescoed walls, which has been lovingly converted into an elegant but informal “Club” or sitting/dining area with antique furniture, where guests staying at Borgo Bastia Creti can watch satellite TV or relax in quiet comfort, take advantage of the fax machine and the computer which are there for guests' use, and, on weekdays, enjoy one of the cook's excellent meals. Guests can sit at small individual tables or there is a long table seating 12-14 for large parties. The main door leads out onto a grassy terrace where meals are served during warm weather. Delicious simple local food is available in the evening. A typical meal is a pasta or risotto dish, meat or fish, vegetables and salad, dessert and coffee. The service is charged at a fixed price of Euro 30 per person per meal, without wine. The club is non-licensed, so guests are asked to bring their own wine (though there often seems to be some on hand!)
- Mountain climbing, trekking, horse riding 2km
- 18 hole golf course 5km Antognolla Golf Club
- Fly fishing 14km Tiber River
- Gritti Vineyard offers a very popular vineyard tour, dinner and wine tasting 20km Niccone Valley
- Watersports 25km Lake Trasimeno
- Golf Ellera di Corciano-Perugia 60km
- Small shop 5km Spedalicchio
- Restaurant 11km
- Supermarket 15km Umbertide
Places of Interest
- Cortona 30km
- Gubbio 45km
- Perugia 50km
- Assisi 60km
- Todi 80km
- Siena, Spoleto 100km
- Florence 160km
- Pisa 220km
- Bologna 250km
- Rome 260km
- Terontola-Cortona 40km
A monastic calm hangs over the hills that straddle Tuscany and Umbria. But holidays along the Umbria–Tuscany border offer more than just quiet relaxation by the villa pool. Perugia is kept young by the city’s thousands of students, and houses one of central Italy’s great art collections. Lake Trasimeno has clear waters and scenery when you need a hit of azure or a day-long cycle ride. Gubbio and Città di Castello barely break their small-town rhythm to welcome visitors.
Find out more about Umbria & Tuscany Border