From £6,082 per week
Vergiliano di Sopra
Umbria & Tuscany Border, Umbria & Lazio, Italy
- Very high standard
- Tennis court, games room, solar heated pool
- Excellent staff
About the villa
Enjoying a 360 degree views of the Apennines from its hilltop setting, this beautifully converted farmhouse basks on the borders of Umbria and Tuscany, in a landscape unchanged in centuries. With bags of space in the house and grounds, it makes an excellent family villa, with a flexible mix of double and twin bedrooms, and a range of facilities including a private pool and tennis court, a study with WiFi, and a Steinway grand piano in the drawing room. Elegant and ornate beneath its beamed ceilings, the villa is furnished in classic Italian style and offers very high standards and (optional) cook service. Each of the six bedrooms is in the main house, as are the kitchen, sitting and dining rooms, and a TV room/library. The large limonaia is a delightful bonus, with huge windows letting light flood into a second kitchen and dining room, a pergola terrace forming an al fresco living room, and an excellent games room. From the villa’s supremely peaceful position, a woodland uphill walk leads to the ancient village of Preggio, and shops, bars and restaurants in Lisciano Niccone, Mercatale and Castel Rigone are within 10km.
- Dining room
- Utility room
- Large cloakroom with separate shower
- TV room/library
- Master double bedroom (super king size bed) with bathroom en suite and separate shower opening to terrace
- Drawing room with Steinway grand piano
- Twin bedroom (can be made up as super king double) with bathroom en suite
- Twin bedroom with bathroom en suite
- Twin bedroom with bathroom en suite and separate shower opening to terrace
- Double bedroom (king size bed)
- Twin bedroom
LIMONAIA - GROUND FLOOR
- Open plan kitchen with dining area opening to terrace
- 2 shower rooms
Limonaia - First Floor
- Games room
- Portable barbecue
- Basic Italian SKY satellite TV with Sport
- Bose HiFi system
- DVD Player
- DVD library
- CD player
- Selection of books
- iPod dock
- Selection of Classical CDs
GAMES & SPORTS
- Pool table
- Table tennis
- Table football
PRIVATE INFINITY POOL
- With artificial grass. Located on the opposite side of the house to the pool with views of Preggio
Service & Staffing
- Welcome pack
- Maid service 3 hours per day 6 day(s) per week
- Linen change 1 day(s) per week*
* Extra changes are available on request for an additional charge
Please note discreet staff live in the grounds in a separate house near the parking area not overlooking the gardens or terraces.
An English speaking CV representative in Italy will visit and be available by telephone during your stay. Contact details will be sent with your travel documents.
Arrival from 16:00 - 19:00. Departure by 10:00.
Please refer to the Health & Safety pages on this website.
- Minigolf 9km Lisciano Niccone
- Watersports 20km Tuoro
- Golf 30km Perugia Santa Sabina
- Small shop, bar, pizzeria 9km Lisciano NicconecIccone
- Shop 10km Castel Rigone
- Restaurant 10km Mercatale
Places of Interest
- Perugia 40km
- Cortona 40km
- Assisi 55km
- Arezzo 85km
- Siena 95km
- Perugia 50km
- Florence 145km
- Rome Ciampino 215km
- Pisa 225km
- Rome Fiumicino 235km
- Terontola 35km
A monastic calm hangs over the hills that straddle Tuscany and Umbria. But holidays along the Umbria–Tuscany border offer more than just quiet relaxation by the villa pool. Perugia is kept young by the city’s thousands of students, and houses one of central Italy’s great art collections. Lake Trasimeno has clear waters and scenery when you need a hit of azure or a day-long cycle ride. Gubbio and Città di Castello barely break their small-town rhythm to welcome visitors.
Find out more about Umbria & Tuscany Border
Please note that there is a European tourist tax payable on arrival to the House Manager. This only applies to guests over 12 years and the amount varies from €1 .50 to €5 per person and is set by the local council. Further details will be advised prior to arrival
Having a barbecue in Italy is one of the best ways to cook your food but you may find that due to long drought periods in high season barbecuing may be restricted in some areas. You will be informed if this happens by your house staff or local representative.
CV Villas is happy to book flights for our customers on scheduled, chartered or low cost airlines from London and regional UK airports. Please ask for details.
Car hire can be pre-booked through CV Villas with collection at the airport.