Umbria & Tuscany Border, Umbria & Lazio, Italy
- All bedrooms en suite
- Private heatable pool
- Fabulous views
About the villa
Set in the heart of Umbria’s countryside, Villa Zafferano is a former stone-built farmhouse with pan-tiled roofs, now beautifully restored into a perfect villa for families or friends considering a holiday away from it all. Encircled by a great variety of trees and rolling hills, there are plenty of outdoor spaces at the property; numerous sun loungers, a barbecue area, an al fresco dining area and small tables to relax and appreciate a view that stretches towards the city of Orvieto. Interiors are carefully furnished in a contemporary style conserving the traditional charm of the classic Italian life with pastel colours, wooden-beamed ceilings, and modern facilities. The house is split into 2 wings all accessed internally, with ample kitchen, dining and living space. There is direct access to the terrace, leading to the al fresco dining table and outdoor lounge area. Two double bedrooms with shower rooms en suite, one of them located in the west wing, complete the lower level of the property. The first floor consists of a master double bedroom with shower room en suite, a twin bedroom with en suite bathroom and separate shower and two mirror-image bedrooms located in the west wing. Villa Zafferano is a short drive from Fabro and Allerona and 25 minutes by road from the lovely city of Orvieto.
- Kitchen/dining room opening to terrace
- Double bedroom with shower room en suite located on the east wing, opening to garden
- Entrance hall
- Living room opening onto terrace
- TV room
- Double bedroom with shower room en suite opening to garden
- Master double bedroom with shower room en suite
- Twin bedroom with bathroom en suite and separate shower
- Double bedroom with shower room en suite located on the east wing
- Twin bedroom with bathroom en suite with separate shower located on the east wing
- Pizza oven
- Smart TV with NOW TV
- DVD Player
- Sonos sound system
- Nintendo Wii
- iPod dock
GAMES & SPORTS
- Table tennis
- Football goal
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms
- American fridge/freezer
- Bathroom amenities
- Washing machine
- Iron & ironing board
- Insect screens
Fewer of you?
Prices are available for smaller groups of up to 6 persons in April, May, September and October. At this lower rate the whole west wing of the property remains closed off including 3 of the 6 bedrooms: 1 on the ground floor and 2 on the first floor.
An English speaking CV Representative in Italy will be available by phone during your stay. Contact details will be sent with your travel documents.
Arrival from 16:00. Departure by 10:00.
Please refer to the Health & Safety pages on this website.
CV Villas is happy to book flights for our customers on scheduled, chartered or low cost airlines from London and regional UK airports. Please ask for details.
Car hire can be pre-booked through CV Villas with collection at the airport.
CV Villas offers a wide variety of additional services, to make your villa holiday even more special. You should be able to find all the information you need here, otherwise you can check out our frequently asked questions page or simply send us an enquiry.
Service & Staffing
- Maid service 3 hours per day 6 day(s) per week*
- Linen change 1 day(s) per week*
- Towel change 1 day(s) per week*
AVAILABLE ON REQUEST AT AN ADDITIONAL COST
- Cook service
* Please note maid service is only 6 days per week for a full house and 2 days a week for up to 6 people occupancy
* On changeover day
- Tennis court 10km Fabro Scalo
- Bakery, cafes, pizzerias, restaurants and grocery stores 9km Fabro SCalo
- All amenities 25km Orvieto
PLACES OF INTEREST
- San Casciano dei Bagni 19km
- Cetona 22km
- Citta della Pieve 24km
- Orvieto 25km
- Civita di Bagnoregio 42km
- Siena 104km
- Perugia 65km
- Rome Ciampino 160km
- Rome Fiumicino 174km
- Florence 167km
- Pisa 235km
- Fabro Ficulle 10km
A monastic calm hangs over the hills that straddle Tuscany and Umbria. But holidays along the Umbria–Tuscany border offer more than just quiet relaxation by the villa pool. Perugia is kept young by the city’s thousands of students, and houses one of central Italy’s great art collections. Lake Trasimeno has clear waters and scenery when you need a hit of azure or a day-long cycle ride. Gubbio and Città di Castello barely break their small-town rhythm to welcome visitors.