La Limonaia - Borgo Bastia Creti
Umbria & Tuscany Border, Umbria & Lazio, Italy
- Romantic getaway
- Shared tennis court
- Club Bastia informal dining
About the villa
Nestled in a fold of the hillside gardens, framed between banks of flowers and opening out to a large paved patio and level lawn, this very spacious villa is the epitome of rustic charm. In its open-plan kitchen / living room, a big fireplace fills a corner and carefully chosen furnishings include a wonderfully aged timber table, and bright woven rugs on polished brick floors. The villa’s double bedroom is similarly simply styled and generously sized. But beneath the beamed ceilings of this old-world cottage, contemporary comforts are not compromised. The villa is well equipped with modern kitchen appliances, satellite TV, WiFi and air conditioning. Its private patio is furnished for al fresco dining, and cook service is offered as an added indulgence. And La Limonaia’s secluded setting is complemented by communal facilities in Borgo Bastia Creti, including hard court tennis, a large swimming pool with stunning views, and the little social hub, Club Bastia, with its inviting dining hall and sitting room. Golf, water sports and medieval towns are all within easy reach, and a small shop in Spedalicchio is 5km away.
- Dining room
- Sitting room
- Double bedroom with bathroom en suite
- Satellite TV
- DVD Player
- CD player
GAMES & SPORTS
- Table tennis
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms
- Shared - Racquets and balls available for hire
- Club Bastia is a peaceful and light 14th century chapel with high ceilings and frescoed walls, which has been lovingly converted into an elegant but informal “Club” or sitting/dining area with antique furniture, where guests staying at Borgo Bastia Creti can watch satellite TV or relax in quiet comfort, take advantage of the fax machine and the computer which are there for guests' use, and, on weekdays, enjoy one of the cook's excellent meals
An English speaking CV Representative in Italy will be available by phone during your stay. Contact details will be sent with your travel documents.
Arrival from 16:00 - 19:00. Departure by 10:00.
Please refer to the Health & Safety pages on this website.
CV Villas is happy to book flights for our customers on scheduled, chartered or low cost airlines from London and regional UK airports. Please ask for details.
Car hire can be pre-booked through CV Villas with collection at the airport.
A food hamper is available on request. It must be ordered in the UK pre departure and paid for locally. Please ask for details.
CV Villas offers a wide variety of additional services, to make your villa holiday even more special. You should be able to find all the information you need here, otherwise you can check out our frequently asked questions page or simply send us an enquiry.
Service & Staffing
- Welcome pack
- Maid service 1.5 hours per day 2 day(s) per week
- Linen change 1 day(s) per week*
AVAILABLE ON REQUEST AT AN ADDITIONAL COST
- Cook service
* On Saturday (extra changes are available on request for an additional charge)
*Club Bastia is a peaceful and light 14th century chapel with high ceilings and frescoed walls, which has been lovingly converted into an elegant but informal “Club” or sitting/dining area with antique furniture, where guests staying at Borgo Bastia Creti can watch satellite TV or relax in quiet comfort, take advantage of the fax machine and the computer which are there for guests' use, and, on weekdays, enjoy one of the cook's excellent meals. Guests can sit at small individual tables or there is a long table seating 12-14 for large parties. The main door leads out onto a grassy terrace where meals are served during warm weather. Delicious simple local food is available in the evening. A typical meal is a pasta or risotto dish, meat or fish, vegetables and salad, dessert and coffee. The service is charged at a fixed price of Euro 30 per person per meal, without wine. The club is non-licensed, so guests are asked to bring their own wine (though there often seems to be some on hand!)
- Mountain climbing, trekking, horse riding 2km
- 18 hole golf course 5km Antognolla Golf Club
- Fly fishing 14km Tiber River
- Gritti Vineyard offers a very popular vineyard tour, dinner and wine tasting 20km Niccone Valley
- Watersports 25km Lake Trasimeno
- Golf Ellera di Corciano-Perugia 60km
- Small shop 5km Spedalicchio
- Restaurant 11km
- Supermarket 15km Umbertide
Places of Interest
- Cortona 30km
- Gubbio 45km
- Perugia 50km
- Assisi 60km
- Todi 80km
- Siena, Spoleto 100km
- Florence 160km
- Pisa 220km
- Bologna 250km
- Rome 260km
- Terontola-Cortona 40km
A monastic calm hangs over the hills that straddle Tuscany and Umbria. But holidays along the Umbria–Tuscany border offer more than just quiet relaxation by the villa pool. Perugia is kept young by the city’s thousands of students, and houses one of central Italy’s great art collections. Lake Trasimeno has clear waters and scenery when you need a hit of azure or a day-long cycle ride. Gubbio and Città di Castello barely break their small-town rhythm to welcome visitors.