From £1,250 week
I Cipressi- Borgo Bastia Creti
Umbria & Tuscany Border, Umbria & Lazio, Italy
- Large shared pool
- Shared tennis court
- Club Bastia informal dining
About the villa
An exclusive little enclave of just five cottages and apartments, Borgo Bastia Creti is the beautiful transformation of a tiny hilltop hamlet, set in spacious gardens and framed with trees. At its heart, a brick-paved courtyard bridges the gap between two imposing buildings, their old stone walls softened in a multi-toned cloak of climbing greenery. From here, an exterior staircase leads to the entrance lobby of the gorgeous I Cipressi, which occupies the upper two floors of the residence and looks out to lovely views across the tree-sprinkled grounds. Setting the scene for the spacious house, a graceful stone staircase leads from the lobby to the elegant living room, furnished in rich fabrics and featuring a through-the-wall fireplace, which also adds warmth and character to the adjoining dining kitchen. A bedroom on this level has a small private terrace, and there are two further bedrooms on the floor above. Shared facilities include a tennis court, swimming pool and Club Bastia social hub, with indoor and al fresco dining areas, and Borgo Bastia Creti is an easy drive from amenities in Umbertide.
- Kitchen with dining area
- Sitting room
- Double bedroom (can be made up as twin) with bathroom en suite opening to terrace
- Double bedroom with bathroom en suite
- Twin bedroom with shower room en suite
- Satellite TV
- DVD Player
- CD player
- Selection of books
GAMES & SPORTS
- Table tennis
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms
- Shared - Racquets and balls available for hire
- Club Bastia is a peaceful and light 14th century chapel with high ceilings and frescoed walls, which is now an elegant but informal “Club” or sitting/dining area, where guests staying at Borgo Bastia Creti can watch TV, play the piano or relax in quiet comfort, and enjoy some excellent meals. Please enquire for pricing for the catering offering here
- Concierge service
- Bathroom amenities
An English speaking CV representative in Italy will be available by telephone during your stay. Contact details will be sent with your travel documents.
Arrival from 16:00 - 19:00. Departure by 10:00.
Please refer to the Health & Safety pages on this website.
CV Villas is delighted to offer our own allocation of scheduled seats on British Airways from London Heathrow to Pisa. Please see the Flights page or contact us for more details.
Car hire can be pre-booked through CV Villas with collection at the airport.
A food hamper is available on request. It must be ordered in the UK pre departure and paid for locally. Please ask for details.
CV Villas offers a wide variety of additional services, to make your villa holiday even more special. You should be able to find all the information you need here, otherwise you can check out our frequently asked questions page or simply send us an enquiry.
Service & Staffing
- Welcome pack
- Maid service 1.5 hours per day 2 day(s) per week
- Linen change 1 day(s) per week*
AVAILABLE ON REQUEST AT AN ADDITIONAL COST
- Cook service
* On Saturday (extra changes are available on request for an additional charge)
*Club Bastia is a peaceful and light 14th century chapel with high ceilings and frescoed walls, which has been lovingly converted into an elegant but informal “Club” or sitting/dining area with antique furniture, where guests staying at Borgo Bastia Creti can watch satellite TV or relax in quiet comfort, take advantage of the fax machine and the computer which are there for guests' use, and, on weekdays, enjoy one of the cook's excellent meals. Guests can sit at small individual tables or there is a long table seating 12-14 for large parties. The main door leads out onto a grassy terrace where meals are served during warm weather. Delicious simple local food is available in the evening. A typical meal is a pasta or risotto dish, meat or fish, vegetables and salad, dessert and coffee. The service is charged at a fixed price of Euro 30 per person per meal, without wine. The club is non-licensed, so guests are asked to bring their own wine (though there often seems to be some on hand!)
- Mountain climbing, trekking, horse riding 2km
- 18 hole golf course 5km Antognolla Golf Club
- Fly fishing 14km Tiber River
- Gritti Vineyard offers a very popular vineyard tour, dinner and wine tasting 20km Niccone Valley
- Watersports 25km Lake Trasimeno
- Golf Ellera di Corciano-Perugia 60km
- Small shop 5km Spedalicchio
- Restaurant 11km
- Supermarket 15km Umbertide
Places of Interest
- Cortona 30km
- Gubbio 45km
- Perugia 50km
- Assisi 60km
- Todi 80km
- Siena, Spoleto 100km
- Florence 160km
- Pisa 220km
- Bologna 250km
- Rome 260km
- Terontola-Cortona 40km
A monastic calm hangs over the hills that straddle Tuscany and Umbria. But holidays along the Umbria–Tuscany border offer more than just quiet relaxation by the villa pool. Perugia is kept young by the city’s thousands of students, and houses one of central Italy’s great art collections. Lake Trasimeno has clear waters and scenery when you need a hit of azure or a day-long cycle ride. Gubbio and Città di Castello barely break their small-town rhythm to welcome visitors.
Find out more about Umbria & Tuscany Border