- Stunning sea views
- Direct access to the sea
- Large private pool
About the villa
Positioned high on a hill with far reaching sea views, Cinammon House sits at the ocean’s edge surrounded by lash lawns and tall swaying palms. This superb, modern property was designed by famous architect Geoffrey Bawa and its unique, multi terraced living space has been created to enjoy one of the best vistas in southern Sri Lanka of the inviting Indian Ocean. The upper terrace has a dining level with a polished concrete table for twelve; the middle tier has two comfortable sofas and a huge bean bag chair, whilst the lower level is decked with further stylish seating and a coffee table. There are five bedrooms, three in the main house all with garden and ocean views and a further two towards the rear of the house accessed via a covered walkway. All bedrooms are en suite and three have private tropical outdoor showers.
Gaze through the airy, open house to the extensive well-kept lawns festooned with coconut trees, and set in the lower level lies the spacious terrace. The fabulous pool has a shallow platform for relaxing, and a deep end for diving, alongside a poolside dining pavilion, a day bed and a barbecue. A private gate from the garden leads straight to the golden sands of Kudawella beach just 190m away; great for morning runs, seasonally swimming, and the bay enjoys good surf break for beginners between January and April. A yoga pavilion perches on the top of the hill with inspiring easterly views across the garden and out to sea, while a treatment room inside the house is a tranquil space in which to enjoy a relaxing massage. The services of an excellent chef are included – with the cost of ingredients extra – who can prepare many Sri Lankan specialities as well as international cuisine.
- Entrance hall
- Sitting room
- Double bedroom (can be made up as twin) with shower room en suite opening to garden
- Large veranda/ dining area
- Poolside pavilion
- Master bedroom (king size 4 poster bed) with en suite: indoor / outdoor shower and private courtyard with seating + balcony with garden and sea view
- Twin bedroom with en suite with indoor / outdoor shower
- Double bedroom (queen size 4 Poster bed) with en suite indoor / outdoor shower
- Twin bedroom (4 poster beds) with en suite shower room and French doors to garden
- Satellite TV (limited English speaking channels)
- DVD Player
- DVD library
GAMES & SPORTS
- Table tennis
- Yoga terrace
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms
- Ceiling fans
- 15.2m x 8.9m
- 1.83m x 1.83m deep
- Built-in steps
- Pool towels
- Treatment room
- Bathroom amenities
- Safes in all bedrooms
Service & Staffing
Available on Request
- Laundry service
- Pre-arrival grocery shopping
- Fresh cut flowers on arrival
- Wine delivery
- Massage/beauty therapist
The owner of the property you are staying in will either visit you on arrival or will be available by phone during your stay. Contact details will be sent with your travel documents.
Arrival from 14:00 Departure by 11:00
Please refer to the Health & Safety pages on CV Villas website
places of interest
- Tangalle 12km (15 mins)
- Mirissa 35km (1hr)
- Weligama 40km (1hr 15 mins)
- Galle 70km (1.5 - 2 hrs)
- Yala 100km (2hr 15 mins)
- Colombo 180km (3hrs 15 mins)
things to do
- Surfing – A great surf break for beginners - Hiriketiya bay nearby, with several instructors available.
- Sailing and Yacht charter - (Distance 35km, 1hr) October to May. Discover the joy of sailing and/or have a lesson on a Minibee 6.5; a Dragon; a Dhoni or a Hobie Cat 18. Rent a Catamaran (comes with crew). Rent a RIB, with or without a skipper.
- In Villa Yoga - Experienced teachers in Hatha, Ashtanga Vinyasa, Yin and Kundalini yoga.
- In Villa Massages - 1hr massage.
- Colombo airport Airport 205km (3hrs 45 mins)
Sri Lanka is one of those places that seems to be on everyone's bucket list, and it sure packs a punch for an island that’s just over a quarter of the size of the UK. From the splendour of roaming wild elephants across the island’s National Parks, to blissful sandy beaches that line the coast, a Sri Lanka holiday has the power to excite a vast range of travellers. Head inland to tiers of lush green tea plantations, trek in the rainforest discovering the rich flora and fauna, or just sit back and enjoy the spectacular view on an epic train journey.