Villa dei Castagni
Near Orvieto, Todi & Northern Lazio, Umbria & Lazio, Italy
- Large lawned gardens
- Generous proportions
About the villa
Privately secluded, yet close to the historic hamlet of Capitone, this very fine villa adds 21st century mod cons to its timeless rural setting. Throughout the property, crisp white décor provides the perfect foil for splashes of vibrant summer colours in cushions, fabrics and artworks. Al fresco ‘rooms’ are equally stylish, from the big covered sitting area with its cool white sofas, to the delightful dining terrace, all timber, stone and earthy tones. And lovely lawns spread around the house, to sail-shaded sun loungers, a six-seater hot tub, and an inviting infinity pool.
Traditional Italian amenities, like the barbecue and pizza oven, are complemented indoors with WiFi and Italian Sky TV. And accommodation is divided between two buildings, the larger housing the kitchen, dining room, superb master suite (with in-room bath), and three further bedrooms; while the adjacent annexe hosts two double bedrooms, a games room and a fitness room. Just 4km from Foce, the villa is 9km from shops, bars and restaurants in the atmospheric streets of Amelia.
"(The House Manager's) recommended some excellent restaurants and trips that were perfect for us as a family with a wheelchair. Martin's advice enhanced the holiday enormously and we are very grateful."
"Staff incredibly helpful and villa facilities excellent. CV is always professional and villas are of a very high quality."
Main House - Ground Floor
- Sitting room/TV room opening to garden
- Dining room
- Shower room
- Double bedroom (king size bed) with bathroom en suite and separate shower
- Twin bedroom (can be made up as double)
- Large conservatory/covered outdoor lounge area
Main House - First Floor
- 2 double bedrooms (king size), each with bathroom en suite
- Dressing room adjoining the larger (master) of the two bedrooms
- Sitting room
- Double bedroom (king size bed) with bathroom en suite
- Double bedroom (can be made up as twin) with shower room en suite
- Games room with pool table, table football and darts
- Fitness room with weights and yoga mats
- Pool changing room/cloakroom
- Pizza oven
- TV with Sky Italia
- DVD Player
- MP3 player
- Bluetooth speaker
GAMES & SPORTS
- Pool table
- Table football
- Yoga mats
- Portable fans in all bedrooms
PRIVATE INFINITY POOL
- 12m x 6-8m
- 1.5m x 2.45m deep
- Built-in steps
- The pool is open from mid May to mid September
- Infinity Pools: Please refer to the Health & Safety pages on this website
- Washing machine
- Iron & ironing board
Please double check with us before booking as the total number of twin beds may be limited depending on availability.
The access road to the house is a long and steep gravel track, so careful driving is recommended.
An English speaking CV Villas representative in Italy will be available by phone during your stay. Contact details will be sent with your travel documents.
Arrival from 16:00 - 19:00. Departure by 10:00.
Please refer to the Health & Safety pages on this website.
CV Villas is delighted to offer our own allocation of scheduled seats on British Airways from London Heathrow to Pisa. Please see the Flights page or contact us for more details.
Car hire can be pre-booked through CV Villas with collection at the airport.
A food hamper is available on request. It must be ordered in the UK pre departure and paid for locally. Please ask for details.
CV Villas offers a wide variety of additional services, to make your villa holiday even more special. You should be able to find all the information you need here, otherwise you can check out our frequently asked questions page or simply send us an enquiry.
Service & Staffing
- Welcome pack
- Maid service 2 hours per day 3 day(s) per week
- Linen change 1 day(s) per week*
- Towel change 1 day(s) per week*
AVAILABLE ON REQUEST AT AN ADDITIONAL COST
- Cook service
* On Saturday (extra changes are available on request for an additional charge)
* Midweek (extra changes are available on request for an additional charge)
- Foce 4km
- Shops, restaurants and bars 9km Amelia
Places oF Interest
- Amelia 9km
- Narni 9km
- Cascata delle Marmore 28km
- Todi 32km
- Spoleto 44km
- Orvieto 50km
- Perugia 74km
- Assisi 73km
- Perugia 80km
- Rome Fiumicino 110km
- Narni Scalo 9km
In the south, an Umbria holiday comes dotted with honey-coloured stone farmsteads and sprinkled with olive groves—this region is not called ‘Italy’s green heart’ for nothing. The towns are a must-see for cathedral connoisseurs: there’s nothing restrained about the façade at Orvieto, yet one simple rose window is all that breaks up the classy simplicity at Todi. All of southern Umbria’s villas are within day-trip distance of Rome, too: the station at Orvieto has a fast link with the capital.
Find out more about Orvieto, Todi & Northern Lazio