From £2,064 week
Near Orvieto, Todi & Northern Lazio, Umbria & Lazio, Italy
- Large private pool
- Elegant interiors
- Beautiful gardens
About the villa
Encircled by manicured gardens of lawns, shrubs and trees, this is a lovely villa in the heart of Umbrian attractions. Fabulous views extend over olive groves and vineyards to distant hills and mountains, emphasising its peaceful rural position. Yet Orvieto’s restaurants, shops and ornate Duomo are just 5km away, and a 45km drive brings medieval Todi into reach. In the immediate area, there are local shops and riding stables at nearby Porano and, a five hundred metre stroll away, a floodlit tennis court is shared with sister-villa La Crete.
In lawns just below the house, La Casetta has its own large 16 metre pool, overlooked by a poolside pergola, while a wisteria-shaded terrace runs the length of the villa to create al fresco sitting and dining areas. Very welcoming interiors include a breakfast kitchen, a main sitting room with roof rafters, a huge picture window and double doors to the garden. The bedroom layout is ideal for two families or friends travelling together. There are two spacious double/twin bedrooms at either end of the ground floor. At first floor level, there is another very comfortable twin/double bedroom and a luxuriously spacious and panoramic master suite. All are traditionally furnished with fine fabrics and antique pieces, and the innately relaxing atmosphere could be enhanced with cook service.
"All the superlatives about La Casetta have been used many times before. We have had a lovely family holiday here, blessed by good weather and the effects of Olimpia and Avellino. The pool and tennis court have been much used, between periods of splendid relaxation in the beautiful house and grounds."
"What a wonderful time. Beautiful house, beautiful views and magnificent food (thank you Olimpia!)
We hope to be back soon, as far as it is from Perth, Australia. Thanks!"
- Kitchen/breakfast room
- Sitting area with single bed
- Twin bedroom (can be made up as double) with bathroom en suite
- Sitting room
- Large sitting/dining room
- Twin bedroom with shower room en suite
- Master double (king size) bedroom with dressing room, bathroom en suite and private terrace
- Twin bedroom (can be made up as double) with shower room en suite
- Portable barbecue
- Italian SKY satellite TV
- DVD Player
- CD player
- Ceiling fans
An English speaking CV representative in Italy will visit you and will be available by phone during your stay. Contact details will be sent with your travel documents.
Arrival from 16:00 - 19:00. Departure by 10:00.
Please refer to the Health & Safety pages on this website.
CV Villas is delighted to offer our own allocation of scheduled seats on British Airways from London Heathrow to Pisa. Please see the Flights page or contact us for more details.
Car hire can be pre-booked through CV Villas with collection at the airport.
A food hamper is available on request. It must be ordered in the UK pre departure and paid for locally. Please ask for details.
CV Villas offers a wide variety of additional services, to make your villa holiday even more special. You should be able to find all the information you need here, otherwise you can check out our frequently asked questions page or simply send us an enquiry.
Service & Staffing
- Welcome pack
- Maid service 2 hours per day 6 day(s) per week
- Linen change 1 day(s) per week*
AVAILABLE ON REQUEST AT AN ADDITIONAL COST
- Cook service
* On Saturday (extra changes are available on request for an additional charge)
Available on request
* The housekeeper is also a good local cook. She usually cooks in the evenings, Monday to Saturday, and she can leave a light luncheon for Sunday. However, under particular circumstances, she may cook lunch instead of an evening meal, or by local arrangement, she may cook lunches and/or prepare breakfasts for you as well. The cook also helps clearing up the table but she does not stay later than 21:00-21:30. She will shop for the meals she cooks, and her fees include time taken shopping, travelling and cooking. Full cook service of 6 daily meals per week – Monday – Saturday, plus a light luncheon left for… the Sunday. Please ask for details. To be paid locally to the cook.
- Riding 2km Porano
- Tennis 5km Orvieto
- Birdwatching 30km Lago di Alviano
- Shops 2km Porano
- Large shops 5km Orvieto
- Nearest restaurant 3km
PLACES OF INTEREST
- Viterbo 40km
- Todi 45km
- Spoleto 80km
- Perugia 90km
- Assisi 95km
- Arezzo/Gubbio 110km
- Siena 140km
- Perugia 55km
- Rome 150km
- Florence 175km
- Pisa 230km
- Bologna 260km
- Orvieto Scalo 5km
In the south, an Umbria holiday comes dotted with honey-coloured stone farmsteads and sprinkled with olive groves—this region is not called ‘Italy’s green heart’ for nothing. The towns are a must-see for cathedral connoisseurs: there’s nothing restrained about the façade at Orvieto, yet one simple rose window is all that breaks up the classy simplicity at Todi. All of southern Umbria’s villas are within day-trip distance of Rome, too: the station at Orvieto has a fast link with the capital.
Find out more about Orvieto, Todi & Northern Lazio