Near Orvieto, Todi & Northern Lazio, Umbria & Lazio, Italy
A stylish, supremely comfortable, family villa set in very private lawned gardens. An ideal spot for enjoying spectacular scenery and sightseeing and within easy reach of Rome for day trips or an evening out.
- Exquisitely furnished
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Magnificent master suite
About the villa
Set on a sunny hillside in southern Umbria, Ripa Bianca is a superbly spacious house, imbued with a relaxing home-from-home atmosphere. Retaining its original charm and character, renovations have combined traditional materials with modern comforts, complementing antiques and artworks with a calming colour palette. On the ground floor, an elegant yet informal open plan sitting room has big sofas and bags of cushions, exposed stone walls and raftered ceilings, and opens into a country style dining room and well-equipped kitchen, where ample working space is combined with modern appliances. There are two bedrooms on this floor, and three on the floor above, including an enchanting master suite, complete with king size bed. All bedrooms have ensuite bathrooms (all with showers and two with baths) and three can be configured with super king size or twin beds, one as twin beds only and the master bedroom as a super king. While an upper loggia with soft seating makes the most of panoramic views, downstairs several double doors lead out to a large lawn and shady dining pergola, and a second pergola with comfortable chairs and sofa, placed beside the private pool. At the pool there is also a pergola with a bar for those lazy summer cocktails and a dining table perfect for al fresco lunch. The villa is 3km from a couple of very good local restaurants and 5km from shops in Narni Scalo, with Todi, Orvieto, Spoleto and Perugia all within easy reach for a day trip. There is also a train station at Narni Scalo and therefore Rome is easily accessible for a day trip or evening out.
- Entrance hall
- Kitchen opening to dining terrace, pizza oven, large umbrella
- Twin bedroom with shower room en suite and French doors to garden
- Open plan sitting/dining room opening to garden
- TV/playroom opening to garden
- Double bedroom (king size bed, can be made up as twin) with bathroom en suite and separate shower
- Loggia/sitting area with soft seating
- 2 Double bedrooms (super king size beds, can be made up as twin) with shower room en suite
- Master double bedroom (super king size bed) with bathroom en suite and separate shower
- Portable barbecue
- Pizza oven
- Fridge at the Bar area near the pool with dishwasher.
Games and Sports
- Golf wedges and balls
- Table tennis
- Cards and board games
- Pedestal fans in each bedroom and the TV room
- The villa is 200 metres above sea level and therefore even in high summer, the temperature drops to a comfortable level in the evenings
Please note no pets are allowed. Please note preferred bed configuration must be told in advance (at least one week).
There are also 2 fold out beds and mattresses for children, which can be added to one of the downstairs rooms, which this allows the house a total of 12.
Please note that this property is strictly non-smoking.
An English speaking CV representative in Italy will be available by phone during your stay. Contact details will be sent with your travel documents.
Arrival from 16:00 . Departure by 10:00.
Please refer to the Health & Safety pages on this website.
- Shops and bicycle rentals 5km Narni Scalo
- Restaurant 3km
- Tennis and golf driving range at Narni Scalo 9km
Places of Interest
- Horse riding available nearby
- Tennis available at San Gemini – 15 minutes away
- Amelia 8km
- Terni 14km
- Cascata delle Marmore 25km
- White water rafting 45 minutes away
- Golf available at various courses approx. 1 hour away
- Todi 35km
- Spoleto 50km
- Orvieto 64km
- Perugia 65km
- Assisi 75km
- Perugia 60km
- Rome 115km
- Narni Scalo 6km
- Terni 14km
Near Orvieto, Todi & Northern Lazio
In the south, an Umbria holiday comes dotted with honey-coloured stone farmsteads and sprinkled with olive groves—this region is not called ‘Italy’s green heart’ for nothing. The towns are a must-see for cathedral connoisseurs: there’s nothing restrained about the façade at Orvieto, yet one simple rose window is all that breaks up the classy simplicity at Todi. All of southern Umbria’s villas are within day-trip distance of Rome, too: the station at Orvieto has a fast link with the capital.
Find out more about Orvieto, Todi & Northern Lazio
Please note that there is a European tourist tax payable on arrival. Further details will be advised prior to arrival.
Having a barbecue in Italy is one of the best ways to cook your food but you may find that due to long drought periods in high season barbecuing may be restricted in some areas. You will be informed if this happens by your house staff or local representative.
CV Villas is happy to book flights for our customers on scheduled, chartered or low cost airlines from London and regional UK airports. Please ask for details.
Car hire can be pre-booked through CV Villas with collection at the airport.