Prices available upon request. Please call for more information
Le Chateau Aubenas
- Secluded location
- Gated heatable pool
- Characterful restoration
About the villa
Privately screened with tall trees and elevated to enjoy the views of rolling hills, the château stands in gated grounds, formally laid with lawns and low hedges, where the shade of a broad branched tree cools an al fresco dining area. Pathways lead to an olive grove, a large sun terrace, and a heatable swimming pool in a pine scented setting, and a barbecue and table tennis add to outdoor leisure; all overseen by the graceful and historic house. But this imposing exterior gives no hint of the transformation within. The huge rooms, high ceilings and hallways remain, but the addition of interconnecting doors makes a practical use of space, and intriguing antiques are now highlighted with contemporary chic décor. The dining room, all white and wood, sets a simple timber table beside an elaborate fireplace; the sitting room is modern, monochrome and minimalist; in the arty, uncluttered bedrooms, old world artefacts are used to great effect; and the tower has been cleverly re-created as a children’s dormitory suite. Cook service can be pre-booked for this unique villa, and Forcalquier’s shops, restaurants and market are 10km away.
- Breakfast room
- Dining room
- Sitting room
Twin/Children's Room (split over 3 levels)
- Sitting and playing areas on the first and second levels
- 4 single mattresses (190cm x 70cm, suitable for children only) on a third 'tower' level
- This space is accessed from the first floor, and is ideal for children. A mattress can also be placed at the second level. This space is not suitable for elderly, very young children, or those with limited mobility as stairs internally are quite steep.
- Electric plancha
GAMES & SPORTS
- Table tennis
- Fans available in all bedrooms
- Coffee machine
Service & Staffing
- Welcome pack
- Maid service 3 hours per day 4 day(s) per week
- Linen Change: Once a week on arrival day, (extra changes available on request for an additional charge).
available on request
- COOK SERVICE Cook service is available on request, subject to availability at an additional cost (payable locally) and needs to be booked well in advance to avoid disappointment.
Please note that this house is suitable for up to 8 adults and 4 children, due to the size of the small circular dormitory and the size of its beds
Arrival from 16:00. Departure by 10:00.
Please refer to the Health & Safety pages on this website.
- Shopping, restaurants, tennis and horseriding in Forcalquier 10km
- Golf in Pierrevert 20km
- Watersports in Gorges du Verdon 60km
PLACES OF INTEREST
- Market Forcalquier 15 min
- Avignon 60km
- Aix-en-Provence 60km
- Lake of Sainte Croix 90km
- Marseille 90km
- Avignon 86km
- Aix-en-Provence 70km
If you are looking for sun-soaked olive groves, carpets of lavender, sunflower fields, Roman ruins, and gently trellised vines, Provence villa holidays deliver. The region’s blue skies, mountainous landscapes, and photogenic seascapes inspired Van Gogh and Cézanne, and continue to seduce visitors in towns like Aix-en-Provence and Arles. Add the vibrant street markets, gourmet foods—like truffles and chestnuts—and some of the world’s best wines from Châteauneuf-du-Pape, and you have yourself one seriously epicurean destination.
Find out more about Provence.
CV Villas is happy to book flights for our customers on scheduled, chartered or low cost airlines from London and regional UK airports. Please ask for details.
Car hire can be pre-booked through CV Villas with collection at the airport or port of arrival, and in some cases the hire car can be delivered to the villa for an additional charge. Please ask for details.