Western Crete, Crete, Greece
- Walk to shops and restaurants
- Fabulous views
- Lovely private pool
About the villa
Welcoming, comfortable and utterly conducive to rest and relaxation, this charming villa is one of two very popular properties which share a rural estate. Each completely independent, with a high degree of privacy, Meli and its sister-villa Levanda enjoy an extraordinarily peaceful setting, with the Green Mountains as a backdrop and views, over olive groves and the roof tops of Gavalochori, to tantalising glimpses of the Cretan Sea. The village is a ten minute walk away, with a couple of tavernas and grocery shops, while sandy beaches on the bay are about a ten minute drive.
With its series of furnished terraces, stone floors and arches, timber beamed ceilings, and hand-crafted furniture, Villa Meli has all the attributes of a typical Greek retreat. But these are complemented by contemporary comforts including air conditioning, WiFi and satellite TV, Coco Mat mattresses and en suite shower rooms, and a cool pool, with an adjacent play room and kitchenette. Cook service could be added for authentic island cuisine, and Chania is within easy reach for harbour restaurants and historic sites.
- Double bedroom with shower room en suite
- Double bedroom (can be made up as twin) with shower room en suite opening to balcony
- Entrance Terrace
- Open plan sitting area with kitchen and dining area opening to balcony
- Shower room
- Twin bedroom
- Pool area / playroom
- Pool kitchenette
- Shower room
- Portable barbecue
- Satellite TV
- DVD Player
- CD player
- Air conditioning
- 8m x 5m
- 0.5m x 1.8m deep
- Built-in steps
- Pool towels
- Pool kitchenette
- Washing machine
Arrival from 16:00 Departure by 10:00
Please note late arrivals will be charged €30 if meeting the villa host after 21:00
Please refer to the Health & Safety pages on this website
FLIGHTSCV Villas is happy to book flights for our customers on scheduled, chartered or low cost airlines from London and regional UK airports. Please ask for details.
Car hire can be pre-booked through CV Villas with collection at the airport or port of arrival, and in some cases the hire car can be delivered to the villa for an additional charge. Please ask for details.
CV Villas offers a wide variety of additional services, to make your villa holiday even more special. You should be able to find all the information you need here, otherwise you can check out our frequently asked questions page or simply send us an enquiry.
EOT Tourist Licence number: 1042K123K2951301
Service & Staffing
- Maid service 2 day(s) per week
- Linen change 2 day(s) per week
- Fruit basket
available on request at an additional cost
- Pre-arrival grocery delivery available for €20 fee*
- Massage/beauty therapist
- Airport transfer*
- Cook service can be arranged on request for an additional cost. Cooks do need to be booked well in advance to avoid disappointment. Please ask for details.
Available on request
* Shopping list must be provided at least 2 weeks in advance.
* Private transfers from Chania or Heraklion Airports.
- Gavalochori, 10 minutes walk (2 tavernas, bakery, 2 food shops)
- Almyrida beach (4.5km): Two sandy beaches separated by a rocky peninsula. The larger has good facilities (sun beds, sea sport activities, fish restaurants, cafes) and shallow waters. Ideal for families.
- Kalives beach (8km): sandy beach with facilities.
- Kiani Akti or Blue Beach (1km after Kalives): Long quiet beach with facilities.
- Kera (7km): Sandy beach between Kalives and Almirida with no facilities, ideal for those who prefer less crowded sites.
- Koutalas (9km): Secluded and unspoilt beach, close to the edge of Cape Drepano with interesting cave formations, no facilities.
- Ombrogialos (9.5km): Small rocky bay with green and blue deep waters ideal for snorkelling and windsurfing.
- Chania 35km
- Heraklion 150km
When it comes to sheer character and beauty, there are many who consider Crete to be a true Grecian gem. It’s the country’s largest island with contrasting landscapes, a distinct culture and an atmosphere immersed in charm. It also offers a treasure trove of riches from villages steeped in tradition, the landmark White Mountains, secluded coves and architecture from the pages of history through to delightful coastal areas and lively resorts. It is this western part some say is the most enticing; it’s where you’ll find enchanting towns, a good range of beaches and pockets of local life untouched by the passage of time
Find out more about Eastern Crete.