Car hire INFORMATION
france Car hire pricesOur holiday prices to France are for the villa rental only, but car hire can be arranged at an extra cost allowing guests to explore and enjoy their holiday to the full with maximum flexibility.For further information on the types of car available, and any age restrictions, please see the tables and Terms & Conditions below, or speak to one of our experienced Travel Experts.
- Minimum age 21 with a young driver surcharge, 25 years old with no young driver surcharge.
- To receive the above rates a reservation must be made 2 days before travelling
- Roof racks not available
- All Prices to be paid locally are subject to change at any time without notice
- The named driver on the booking must provide credit card and driving license on collection of vehicle
- Unlimited mileage
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) with excess
- Theft Protection (TP) with excess
- Third Party Liability (TPL)
- Airport and railway surcharges
- Vehicle License Fee
Not included (payable locally and subject to prevailing VAT)
The following optional services are NOT included with your car hire rental with Avis. If you choose to take out these additional services, payment for these will be deducted from your credit card at the end of your rental and a statement from Avis detailing the deductions will be sent to your home address on your return. Please note all prices quoted below are subjected to local VAT, which is currently 20% but is liable to change.
- Additional drivers surcharge: € 11.00 per day per driver, up to a maximum of 12 days.
- Young drivers’ surcharge: Drivers under 25 years will be charged € 32.60 per day up to a maximum of 10 days.
- Baby Seat (0-15kg): € 12.00 per item per day up to a maximum of 7 days.
- Booster Seats (15-36kg): € 6.00 per item per day up to a maximum of 7 days. You will be required to fit the car seat yourself and instructions for the fitting of the car seats are available from Avis staff. If you are concerned about their suitability, please bring your own from the UK. It is your responsibility to ensure that child/infant seats are of a satisfactory size/condition prior to leaving the rental location. They will have been booked according to the information provided by you.
- Ski Rack: € 8.00 per rental day, up to a maximum of 7 days.
- Snow Chains: € 8.00 per rental day, up to a maximum of 7 days.
- Wifi Router: € 10.99 per day, up to a maximum of 7 days.
- GPS Navigator: € 16.00 per day, up to a maximum of 12 days.
- Hotel Delivery & Collection: € 19.00 up 10 km and € 0.93 per additional km per way on request. Saturday, Sunday and holidays not available. Re-confirmation must be done in advance by phone to the AVIS station locally. No delivery & collection to private houses or during out of hours in downtown locations.
- One-Way Fees: Check with local office.
- Administration Fee: € 42.00 plus tax in case of non-payment of highways tolls, in case of code transgressions or in case of damage or theft of vehicle. (Even if no excess applies). Damage processing fee € 65.00 plus tax in case of damage.
- Refuelling: The car should be returned with a full tank. If you return the vehicle without a full tank your credit card will be deducted with the cost of the fuel (at prevailing rates per litre for Diesel or Petrol, according to EU fuel index) plus a refuelling charge.
- Out of Hours arrivals and departures: Late arrival is only available in airports and railways stations and is only available on request at time of booking. Credit card is mandatory. Vehicles returned out of office hours are accepted in most rental locations. Any requests for returns out of office must be agreed in advance and a charge will be based on the office reopening day and hour. For key box availability check with reservations if this is possible. The out of hours pick up fee is € 40.00.
- Late Return Fee: In the instance that a vehicle is returned late without prior agreement they will be charged € 12.00 this will be applied for the day and each subsequent day that are late (subject to Vat where applicable).
- Specialist Cleaning Charge. If the interior of the vehicle is especially muddy, dirty, stained or smelly when you return it, you will be charged between € 36 and € 120.
Insurance & Excesses.
Vehicle excesses: The renter is responsible for an excess amount up to:
- CDW (Collision Damage Waiver) & TP (Theft Protection) Excesses are as follows: Groups A, B, I, G, excess charge of € 1,000; Groups C, J, L, excess charge of € 1,500; Groups D, E, P, O, N, excess charge of € 2,000; Groups H, K, excess charge of € 1,800; Groups F, M, excess charge of € 3,000 .
- The CDW & TP excesses could be reduced to zero if the renter pays for Super Cover.
- Super Cover to be paid as follows: for Groups A, B, I, G: € 13.00 per day; Groups C, J, L: € 15.00 per day; Groups H, K, O, N: € 22.00 per day; Groups D, E, F, M, P: € 25.00 per day. The amount you pay won’t be reduced to zero if damage is cause by: water or fire that was not your fault; driving vehicle without due care and attention and driving or suing vehicle in breach of your contract.
- Windscreen Cover, Roadside Assistance Plus and Personal Accident Insurance are not included in above mentioned packages. These covers can be bought separately as listed below.
- Windscreen Cover (excluding panoramic winds and rear-view mirrors) from € 1.50 to € 2.50 per day according to car Group.
- Roadside Safety Net (RSN) (covers road assistance in the event of non-mechanical faults, like flat tyre, low battery, on the road fuel delivery, keys left inside the car, etc.) from € 5.00 per day, up to a maximum of 15 days. Please note: All customers without RSN can call assistance for all type of road support however ONLY customers that bought RSN won't be charged on above underline items.
- Personal Accident Insurance (PAI) from € 6.25 per day. Personal Accident Insurance covers the driver of the car. For information, passengers are considered third parties and would benefit from the third party liability cover included in the rates. Maximum coverage is € 20,000 per insured person in case of death or permanent disablement.
- Super Personal Accident Insurance (SPAI) from € 3 per day on top of PAI purchased. Personal Accident Insurance covers the driver of the car. Maximum coverage is € 180,000 per insured person in case of death or permanent disablement.
- To drive cars all authorised drivers need to be at least 21 years old and have held a full valid driving license for at least 1 year. A higher minimum age limit may apply to certain vehicles.
- Drivers under 25 years old will be asked to pay a young driver surcharge. All drivers MUST bring a full driving license valid for use in the country of rental for the entire rental period.
- Drivers who need an International Driving License (e.g. Non EU Members States), must bring both their driving license and either an international driving license or an official translation of it from a notary in the language of the country of rental.
- Drivers must bring a valid credit card under their name and to allow Avis to take a pre-authorisation or a security deposit. The card must have enough funds available.
- If the credit card provided is under name of someone else travelling together with the person named on the booking; Avis will still rent a car if they have another vehicle available and the person who owns the credit card meet all the requirements, but it will need to be paid “at location” prices available on the day as this will be treated as a new rental.
- Please note that the prices for additional optional services listed above, are subject to change by Avis without prior notice.
a) British subjects do not require an International Driving Licence.
b) Drivers must have held a full licence for 1 year unless otherwise stated.
c) We recommend delivery/collection at the local airport depot but clients returning cars to the airport should allow 2 hours before departure. Collection points can be some distance from the terminal and time should also be allowed to fill up the car with petrol and complete any documents the car hire company requires.
d) All clients will be provided with detailed directions for reaching their villa.
e) Should passengers and luggage exceed the car capacity, alternative transport must be arranged.
f) All cars are now fitted with rear seat belts in accordance with EU regulations.
g) The car hire company’s minibuses, if applicable, will not necessarily be fitted with seat belts or child seats as, at the time of going to press, these are not compulsory under local law.
h) Cars can be collected from one airport and returned to another.
i) Please ensure you fully understand the local charges you are incurring when you sign the rental agreement; in particular, insurance cover and the deposit against a tank of petrol not being returned full. In addition some companies charge a service fee for filling up, and this also will be debited to your account.
Car Hire companies have different criteria for providing infant/toddler seats. Please check with your Sales Consultant. This usually depends not only on the age of the infant/child, but also on their weight.
Due to limited availability, car seats should be requested at the time of booking and are payable locally. CV Villascannot accept responsibility for car companies failing to supply the requested seats and it is the clients responsibility to ensure that child/infant seats are of a satisfactory size and condition prior to leaving the rental pick up location. CV Villas accepts no responsibility for the failure of car companies to supply the requested seats. If you are worried about the suitability of car seats, we strongly recommend that you bring your own. However please note that CV Villas cannot be held responsible if individual car fittings do not comply with child seats supplied by our clients nor can this eventuality be conditional upon the booking.
Difficulties regarding car hire should be dealt with locally. If a refund is agreed locally, written agreement must be obtained from the car hire representative. The refund will then be made upon application to CV Villas in London, provided it is received within 28 days of return from the holiday.