Quinta do Sarrea
Ferragudo and Surrounds, Algarve, Portugal
- Countryside setting
- Breakfast included
- Large private gated pool
About the villa
Owned by the same family for over 360 years, Quinta do Sarrea offers the perfect mix of a classic country style and modern-day facilities for a truly relaxing villa holiday. The accommodation is ideal for large families or groups of friends wanting to holiday together yet retain some independence with their own kitchen and sitting room, but also having the ability to get together for communal meals when needed.
The Main House accommodation consists of five en suite bedrooms, all on one level with a kitchen and open-plan sitting/dining room from where you can access the orange tree courtyard - the perfect place for breakfast and other outdoor meals. The two one-bedroom cottages, which are located just steps from the main house, have been beautifully converted from old farm buildings. Each cottage has accommodation set over two floors, with an open-plan ground floor sitting/dining room and kitchenette, and a bedroom on a first floor mezzanine level complete with shower room.
This is a quiet and calm setting away from the hustle and bustle of the coast, allowing you to fully relax with a book by the pool or take a walk through the grounds. However, if you're looking to do something more energetic, then you can go horse riding, play a round of golf nearby, or head to the beach - the closest beach is only a 10 minute drive away.
- Entrance hall
- Twin bedroom (can be made up as double) with shower room en suite
- Large suite with twin (can be made up as a double), small sitting room (with sofa bed) and bathroom en suite
- Twin bedroom (can be up as double) with bathroom en suite
- Double bedroom (bed of 200cm x 140cm) with shower room en suite
- Double bedroom (bed of 200cm x 160cm) with shower room en suite
- Open plan sitting/dining room with access to the courtyard
2 Cottages (same layout)
- GROUND FLOOR
- Sitting/dining room
- Shower room
- FIRST FLOOR/ MEZZANINE LEVEL
- Twin bedroom (can be made up as double)
- Shower room
- Portable barbecue
- Air conditioning throughout
- 12m x 6m
- 1.05m x 1.70m deep
- Built-in steps
- Outdoor shower
- Daily continental breakfast included
Resident staff live in a self-contained cottage within the Quinta.
Minimum stay of 1 week in July and August & 4 nights other periods with flexible changeover days.
- Racing track and golf 4km Penina
- Golf at Penina Golf course 4km
- Portimão 4km
- Alvor Village 7km
- Lagos 18km
Places of Interest
- Silves 18km
- Monchique Mountains 26km
- Sagres and Cape St Vincent 53km
- Praia da Alvor 8km
- Praia in Lagos 16km
- Villa do Bispo 45km
- Faro 70km
Set on the banks of the River Arade, Ferragudo’s white buildings tumble down the hillside to the waterfront and there are several excellent beaches nearby. The stretch of coast from Carvoeiro to Lagos is dotted with busy family resorts, but this doesn’t mean these pretty fishing villages and coastal towns have lost their charm. History abounds inSilves and Lagos’ Old Town, while Albuferia offers all the usual delights of a big resort town.
Find out more about Ferragudo and Surrounds.