Ferragudo and Surrounds, Algarve, Portugal
- Cook service included
- Tennis court
- Walk to restaurants and a beach
About the villa
Set on a coastal cliff-top, a walkable 1km from Carvoeiro, Villa Mourisco nestles in four private hectares of gated and landscaped grounds, replete with palms and pines, olive and fig trees, and shaded patios placed for stunning sea and sunset views. An entry courtyard to the villa is a preview of its easy tempo and arty style, with a water feature, citrus trees in huge pots, deep cushions on built-in seating, and a table for breakfast al fresco. Within the house, innovative design blends with colonial country house furnishings; the sitting room is elegant yet informal, with intriguing artworks, a baby grand, and sliding glass doors to a garden terrace; cook service complements a fully equipped galley kitchen; and the two double and two twin bedrooms each have en suite bath or shower room.
Privately positioned at the poolside, the master suite is a romantic domed building, air-conditioned and complete with bedroom, sitting area and in-room bath. And, along with the heatable swimming pool, the grounds encompass a tennis court and table tennis, and a path to a little gate and long flight of steps leading directly to the sands of Praia de Paraiso.
'Rui and Isobel were amazing… and the whole set up and the proximity to the most incredible, almost private beaches were completely magical and we had lovely walks every day.'
- Living room
- Dining room
- Utility room
- TV room
- Double bedroom with bathroom en suite with a bath and separate shower and dressing room
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
- Twin bedroom with bathroom en suite with bath and separate shower
- Twin bedroom with shower room en suite opening to garden
EXTERNAL ACCESS FROM THE LOWER GROUND
- Double bedroom with shower room en suite
- Twin bedroom with shower room en suite
MASTER SUITE BY POOL
- Self contained open plan suite with sitting area, double bedroom and walk in shower
- DVD Player
- iPod dock
GAMES & SPORTS
- Table tennis
- Simple external gym with running machine, exercise bike and some weights
- Board games
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms and TV room
- American fridge/freezer
- 13m x 5m
- 1m x 2.5m deep
- Built-in steps
- Pool towels
- Hard surface
- One half an hour welcome massage included in the day of arrival
- Bathroom amenities
- Cook service included
- Washing machine
The accommodation in the twin exterior room is of a lower standard than the rest of the house and more suitable for teenagers or a nanny.
An English speaking CV representative in Portugal will visit you and will be available by phone during your stay. Contact details will be sent with your travel documents.
Service & Staffing
- Welcome drinks and canapés
- Half an hour welcome massage included in the day of arrival
- Mid week linen and towel changeover
- Feather pillows in all the bedrooms
- Bathroom amenities by Rituals
- Maid service 3 hours per day 6 day(s) per week
- Cook service 2 meals per day 6 day(s) per week*
- Cost of shopping, food and beverages not included
Available on request at an additional cost
- Extra cook service available
- Laundry service
- Pre-arrival grocery shopping
- Fresh cut flowers on arrival
- Wine delivery
- Massage/beauty therapist
*Breakfast and one main meal per day.
- Restaurant - Carvoeiro - 800m
- Supermarket - Carvoeiro - 1km
- Larger supermarket 4.5kms in Lagoa
- Golf from 3.5-10kms
- Access to sandy beach (Praia do Paraíso) near the property is accessed via a path and long flight of steps. Praia de Centianes 3.5kms; Praia do Carvalho 5kms; Praia da Marinha 9kms
- Faro 67kms
Set on the banks of the River Arade, Ferragudo’s white buildings tumble down the hillside to the waterfront and there are several excellent beaches nearby. The stretch of coast from Carvoeiro to Lagos is dotted with busy family resorts, but this doesn’t mean these pretty fishing villages and coastal towns have lost their charm. History abounds inSilves and Lagos’ Old Town, while Albuferia offers all the usual delights of a big resort town.
Find out more about Ferragudo and Surrounds.