Ferragudo and Surrounds, Algarve, Portugal
- Chic pool area with ocean views
- Private tennis court
- Cook service 6 days per week, serving breakfast and dinner
About the villa
Set on a coastal cliff-top, a walkable 1km from Carvoeiro, Villa Mourisco nestles in four private hectares of gated and landscaped grounds, replete with palms and pines, olive and fig trees, and shaded patios placed for stunning sea and sunset views. An entry courtyard to the villa is a preview of its easy tempo and arty style, with a water feature, citrus trees in huge pots, deep cushions on built-in seating, and a table for breakfast al fresco. Within the house, innovative design blends with colonial country house furnishings; the sitting room is elegant yet informal, with intriguing artworks, a baby grand, and sliding glass doors to a garden terrace; cook service complements a fully equipped galley kitchen; and the two double and two twin bedrooms each have en suite bath or shower room.
Privately positioned at the poolside, the master suite is a romantic domed building, air-conditioned and complete with bedroom, sitting area and in-room bath. And, along with the heatable swimming pool, the grounds encompass a tennis court and table tennis, and a path to a little gate and long flight of steps leading directly to the sands of Praia de Paraiso.
- Living room
- Dining room
- Utility room
- TV room
- Double bedroom with bathroom en suite with a bath and separate shower and dressing room
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
- Twin bedroom with bathroom en suite with bath and separate shower
- Twin bedroom with shower room en suite opening to garden
EXTERNAL ACCESS FROM THE LOWER GROUND
MASTER SUITE BY POOL
- Self contained open plan suite with sitting area, double bedroom and walk in shower
- DVD Player
- iPod dock
Games and Sports
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms and TV room
- American fridge/freezer
Private Tennis Court
- Hard surface
- Bathroom amenities
- Cook service included
- Feather pillows in all the bedrooms
- Washing Machine
Service & Staffing
The accommodation in the twin exterior room is of a lower standard than the rest of the house and is more suitable for teenagers or a nanny.
An English speaking CV representative in Portugal will visit you and will be available by phone during your stay. Contact details will be sent with your travel documents.
Saturday preferable but can also do a Thursday.
- Restaurant - Carvoeiro - 800m
- Supermarket - Carvoeiro - 1km
- Larger supermarket 4.5kms in Lagoa
- Golf courses from 3.5-10km
- Access to sandy beach (Praia do Paraíso) near the property is accessed via a path and long flight of steps.
- Praia de Centianes 3.5km
- Praia do Carvalho 5km
- Praia da Marinha 9km
- Faro 67km
Set on the banks of the River Arade, Ferragudo’s white buildings tumble down the hillside to the waterfront and there are several excellent beaches nearby. The stretch of coast from Carvoeiro to Lagos is dotted with busy family resorts, but this doesn’t mean these pretty fishing villages and coastal towns have lost their charm. History abounds inSilves and Lagos’ Old Town, while Albuferia offers all the usual delights of a big resort town.
Find out more about Ferragudo and Surrounds.