Casa da Filipa
Ferragudo and Surrounds, Algarve, Portugal
- Clifftop views
- Direct access to the sea
- Extensive grounds
About the villa
A royal property in a regal setting, this huge villa is perched in splendid seclusion in extensive grounds on a cliff-top overlooking the sea facing west towards Sagres and the setting sun with terraces at all levels for eating indoors or just chilling. enjoying the magnificent views and a swimming pool overlooking the sea. Immaculately kept by the long-serving staff, it retains its informal atmosphere and personal touches. Facilities include table tennis in the games room, a grand piano in a sitting room, a bar at pool terrace level, a karge TV room and a private chapel. The style of this unique house is one of past grandeur, beamed ceilings, antique tiles and traditional furnishings adding character to comfort.
Recent additions include additional soft seating and built-in seating on the main terrace in addition to the existing tables and chairs. The beach with a selection of simple beach restaurants in season, is accessed by steps directly below the property or via a more gentle pathway through the gardens and a gate. Although the property feels very separate and private, it is actually just 1km from the quiet charming fishing village of Ferragudo and 6km from busy Portimao with good shopping and all facilities. We strongly recommend a walk along the beach to the small restaurants quayside where you can get delicious grilled fresh fish. Golf, tennis and water sports and horse riding are all a very short drive away. There are further renowned restaurants within a short drive. A superb choice for an informal family holiday or special celebration.
"We had the most fantastic holiday at Casa da Filipa, everything worked out so well, thank you very much!"
"We had an amazing holiday at Casa da Filipa. The villa was superb: clean, quirky & spacious. The location overlooking the harbour was magnificent. The kids played on the beach and the rock pools were fantastic. There were great restaurants only 10/15 min walk away on either side of the cliff. We are seriously considering returning next year."
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
- Triple children’s bedroom (narrow beds) with sitting area, opening to pool terrace
- TV room with flat screen LCD TV & DVD player
- Bar opening to pool terrace
- Utility room
- Entrance hall
- Private chapel
- Dining room with seating for 8 at the main table and a further 8 - 10 on two circular tables
- Living room opening to terrace with awning and furnished for dining for 16
- Smaller sitting room
- Kitchen and breakfast room, ideal for children's meals
- Large double bedroom with bathroom en suite, sea views and doors to terrace
- Double bedroom with bathroom en suite, sea views and doors to terrace
- Twin bedroom with shower room en suite and sea view (connecting door with double bedroom above)
- Large twin bedroom with bathroom en suite, and garden view
- Former garage with table tennis
- Large twin bedroom with bathroom en suite and garden views
- Very large double bedroom with shower room en suite and doors to upper terrace
- Hall / ante-room with 2 twin bedrooms (one room with beds in an L shape) leading off it and sharing a bathroom. There is access to shared terrace from these rooms. These bedrooms are more suitable for children
- Built-in barbecue
- Satellite TV (limited English speaking channels)
- DVD Player
- Blu-Ray player
- CD player
GAMES & SPORTS
- Table tennis
- Air conditioning
- *First floor bedrooms and the large double bedroom on the ground floor
- 12.5m x 5m
- 0.8m x 2m deep
- Built-in steps
- Heatable on request - £190 per week
- Pool towels
- Solar heating ( approximately 10 hours a day) payable
- Please note guests must book pool heating prior to their stay
- Access to the beach
- 2 x Washing machines
- Hairdryers for all bedrooms
- Central heating on request - £300 per week
- There are some unprotected drops from various terraces and around the swimming pool - young children need to be supervised.
- The owners of the house are non-smokers and it is suggested that those wanting to smoke should use the downstairs television room or go outside on the terraces and balconies.
- Minimum 1 week rental applies all year; Saturdays changeovers preferred Easter & May to October
FLIGHTSCV Villas is happy to book flights for our customers on scheduled, chartered or low cost airlines from London and regional UK airports. Please ask for details.
CAR HIRECar hire can be pre-booked through CV Villas with collection at the airport or port of arrival, and in some cases the hire car can be delivered to the villa for an additional charge. Please ask for details.
Service & Staffing
- Maid service 7 hours per day 5 day(s) per week*
- Linen change 2 day(s) per week*
- Gardener: works approximately 5.5 hours, 5 days per week (Monday - Friday, 09.30 - 14.00)
- Pool and terraces are cleaned slightly earlier (07.00 hrs - 0800 hrs) every effort is made not to disturb guests
AVAILABLE on request at an additional cost
- Cook service
- Pre-arrival grocery shopping
*Maid service - Monday to Friday 09.30 - 16.30, please note that this does not include personal laundry or dish-washing.
*Linen change weekly on arrival and mid-week, but extra changes are available on request at an additional cost.
- Shops and restaurants - Ferragudo - 1km
- Tennis Carvoeiro Club 3km
- Portimão (all facilities) 6km and Carvoeiro 8km
- Golf: within a 15 - 20 minute drive you can reach Alama, Alto Golf, Gramachio, Pinta, Morgado do Reguengo or Vale do Milho courses
PLACES OF INTEREST
- Silves 18km
- Lagos 25km
- Monchique 30km
- Cape St. Vincent 65km
- The wide sandy beach just below Casa da Filipa can be reached from a steep flight of private steps directly from the villa; a gentler slope but longer walk from the estate grounds leads to Praia Grande 1km
- Faro 60km
Set on the banks of the River Arade, Ferragudo’s white buildings tumble down the hillside to the waterfront and there are several excellent beaches nearby. The stretch of coast from Carvoeiro to Lagos is dotted with busy family resorts, but this doesn’t mean these pretty fishing villages and coastal towns have lost their charm. History abounds inSilves and Lagos’ Old Town, while Albuferia offers all the usual delights of a big resort town.