Campania & the Amalfi Coast, Italy
- Sea views
- In the heart of the village
- Car hire not essential
About the villa
In the late 1800s, when Positano was little more than a sleepy fishing village, this historic Palazzo opened its doors as the seafront town’s first hotel. The beautiful building has been transformed by the present owners, who have reconfigured its spacious rooms to form private apartments. Bella Sponda is an enchanting example of their bold design to complement the historic character with 21st century comfort. Formerly the hotel reception hall, its enormous living room combines sitting and dining areas and opens out, through elegant French doors, to an al fresco equivalent on the terrace. With dappled pergola shade and perfect panoramas of the stunningly scenic town and bay, it makes an idyllic setting for lazy lunches, and a great vantage point for sunsets over the sea. The apartment has a well-equipped kitchen and romantically styled, air-conditioned bedroom, and the bathroom is fitted with both shower and Jacuzzi bath. Shops, restaurants and the hydrofoil for Capri are about a ten minute walk from Bella Sponda, and Amalfi and Ravello are close enough for easy discovery.
- Sitting room with sofa bed and dining area
- Master double bedroom
- Bathroom with Jacuzzi bath and walk-in shower
- Basic Italian Sky Satellite TV
- DVD Player
- CD player
- iPod dock
An English speaking CV Representative in Italy will be available during your stay. Contact details will be sent with your travel documents.
Arrival by 16:00 - 19:00. Departure by 10:00.
Please refer to the Health & Safety pages on this website.
CV Villas is happy to book flights for our customers on scheduled, chartered or low cost airlines from London and regional UK airports. Please ask for details.
Car hire can be pre-booked through CV Villas with collection at the airport or port of arrival, and in some cases the hire car can be delivered to the villa for an additional charge. Please ask for details.
Service & Staffing
- Maid service 2 hours per day 2 day(s) per week
- Linen change 1 day(s) per week*
AVAILABLE ON REQUEST AT AN ADDITIONAL COST
- Taxi transfer*
- Food hampers*
* On Saturday (extra changes are available on request for at an additional cost)
Available on request at an additional cost
* Our properties in Positano do not have private parking. If you are renting a car, we can arrange use of a private car park for approximately €25-€30 per day
* A private air-conditioned taxi transfer from Naples airport to Positano can be arranged to meet your flights. Approximate cost €110 each way for 2 people. Please ask your Travel Expert for further details
* An upgraded food hamper is available on request. It must be ordered in the UK pre departure and paid for locally. Please ask for details
- Nearest shops, restaurants within 5 minutes' walk
- Further shops, restaurants, boutiques, bank, tennis court, boat hire, hydrofoil to Amalfi, Sorrento and Capri 10 minutes' walk
Places of Interest
- Amalfi 17km
- Ravello 25km
- Pompeii 45km
- Santa Maria di Castellabate (Palazzo Belmonte) 110km
- Naples 57km
- Rome 275km
- Naples 57km
It is no exaggeration to say that the 50km or so of coastline on the southern side of the Sorrentine Peninsula is among the most famous stretches in the world: the Amalfi Coast. The fishing towns turned resorts hanging from cliffs or wedged into coves; the azure views over the Bay of Salerno—it all looks exactly as you hoped. For centuries travellers have paused on the island of Ischia to soak in the thermal springs and laze by the sea. A Amalfi Coast villa holiday’s urban kick comes courtesy of Naples, home to museums of ancient art and, of course… pizza.
Find out more about Campania & the Amalfi Coast