The Olive Mill
Western Crete, Crete, Greece
- In the heart of the village
- Beautiful gardens
- Breakfast service included
About the villa
This property is a 250 year-old olive oil press that has been recently restored to create an elegant villa that combines discreet rural chic with modern amenities, in the picturesque village of Gavalohori outside the historic town of Chania. The property is an ancient monument, a remarkable example of local, traditional architecture. Elements such as the main entrance, the stone openings, the interior patio, the traditional exterior oven, the well and the semi-circular arches typical of the architecture of the time, as well as the original oil extraction machinery, have all been preserved intact.
The three cottages are named after the trees on the property: Elia (Olive tree), Rodia (Pomegranate tree) and Karydia (Walnut tree).
- Sitting room
- Steps down to furnished circular dining area
- Bar area
- 2 WCs
elia cottage - external access
- Open plan cottage with built-in double bed, shower room and TV
- Staircase lead up to first floor with 2 single beds (end to end) on mezzanine (open to floor below) and door to small terrace
rodia cottage - external access
- Spacious open plan cottage with sitting area, double bed (King size, can be twin) and in-room bath tub with hand shower
- Steps lead up to mezzanine level (open to floor below), with double bed, shower room and door to terrace
karydia cottage - external access
- Double bedroom (king size bed) with shower room en suite
- In each cottage: 32" Satellite LCD TV
- Television in central area
- iPod dock
- Independent Ecological Air Conditioning throughout
- Mini-fridge in each cottage
- 14.7m x 4.5m
- 1.7m x 1.5m deep
- Built-in steps
- Ladder Access
- Washing machine
- Hairdryers for all bathrooms
- COCO-MAT mattresses
- Fireplace in each cottage
- Breakfast service
- Bathroom amenities
CV CONTACTA CV Representative in Greece will be in touch with you by phone during your stay. Contact details will be sent with your travel documents.
TENANCY TIMESArrival from 14:00. Departure by 12:00.
Please refer to the Health & Safety pages on this website.
CV Villas can book charter flights from most regional airports to the above destinations to suit the requirements of our guests and their party members. Please ask for details.
Car hire can be pre-booked through CV Villas with collection at the airport or port of arrival, and in some cases the hire car can be delivered to the villa for an additional charge. Please ask for details.
Service & Staffing
- Welcome pack
- Maid service 3 hours per day 7 day(s) per week
- Linen change 2 day(s) per week
- Breakfast service 6 day(s) per week
available on request
- Selection of wines available for purchase
- Cook service*
* available on request, subject to availability at an additional cost (payable locally). It needs to be booked well in advance to avoid disappointment.
- Restaurants, mini market and bakery in Gavalochori, 700m
- Nearest pharmacy, bank and supermarket in Kalyves 7km
- Almyrida (sandy) beach 5km
- Chania airport 36km