Western Crete, Crete, Greece
- Panoramic views
- All bedrooms en suite
- Contemporary design
About the villa
The largest of four immaculate Adeste Villas, Apollo occupies the highest level of the hill, enjoying panoramic views of the White Mountains and the blues of Souda Bay. The small but sumptuous complex sits at the edge of tranquil Kokkino Chorio, just a 300m stroll from the village square where ‘Zorba the Greek’ was filmed. With hiking trails virtually on the doorstep, historic Plaka 1.5km away, and four beaches within 6km including the sheltered sands of Kalyves and water sports at Almirida, all the ingredients for a fabulous holiday are within easy reach; and Adeste will happily make arrangements for tours, boat trips or horse-riding.
‘At home’ comforts are also assured with quality beds and luxury linen, WiFi and satellite TV in every room, and extra cossetting touches from in-villa massage to chef service. Contemporary, chic and arty, Apollo’s soft décor is splashed with accents in sea and sky blues; its four airy bedrooms each have en suite shower; and the open plan living space includes a breakfast kitchen and stylish sitting room. An al fresco dining patio overlooks the private pool, and a large upper terrace has a pergola and hot tub/Jacuzzi.
- Open plan sitting room opening to pool terrace
- Utility room
- Double bedroom (queen size bed) with shower room en suite opening to balcony
- Master double bedroom with four posted bed and bathroom (hydromassage shower) en suite opening to large furnished panoramic terrace
- Twin bedroom (can be made as king size bed) with shower room en suite opening to balcony
- Double (super king size bed) bedroom with shower room en suite opening to private furnished balcony, with hot tub
- Gas barbecue
- Air conditioning (heat pump with individually controlled fan coil units)
- Coffee machine
- With children's area
- Pool/Beach towels provided
- 9m x 5.5m
- Hot tub
- Bathrobes, slippers and luxury bathroom amenities
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Safe (suitable for laptop)
Service & Staffing
Available on request at an additional cost
EOT Tourist Licence number: 1042K91003030701
- Kokkino Chorio 300m (steep uphill) minimarket and taverna
- Medical centre 1.5km
places of interest
- Chania 27km
- Koutalas (1.5 km): Secluded and unspoilt beach, close to the edge of Cape Drepano with interesting cave formations, no facilities.
- Almirida beach (3km): Two sandy beaches separated by a rocky peninsula. The larger has good facilities (sun beds, sea sport activities, fish restaurants, cafes) and shallow waters. Ideal for families.
- Kalives beach (6km): sandy beach with facilities.
- Kiani Akti or Blue Beach (1km after Kalives): Long quiet beach with facilities.
- Kera (5km): Sandy beach between Kalives and Almirida with no facilities, ideal for those who prefer less crowded sites.
- Koutalas (1.5 km): Isolated and unspoilt beach, close to the edge of Cape Drepano with interesting cave formations, no facilities.
- Ombrogialos (8 km): Small rocky bay with green and blue deep watersideal for snorkelling and windsurfing.
- Chania 35km
- Heraklion 130km
When it comes to sheer character and beauty, there are many who consider Crete to be a true Grecian gem. It’s the country’s largest island with contrasting landscapes, a distinct culture and an atmosphere immersed in charm. It also offers a treasure trove of riches from villages steeped in tradition, the landmark White Mountains, secluded coves and architecture from the pages of history through to delightful coastal areas and lively resorts. It is this western part some say is the most enticing; it’s where you’ll find enchanting towns, a good range of beaches and pockets of local life untouched by the passage of time
Find out more about Western Crete.
CV Villas is happy to book flights for our customers on scheduled, chartered or low cost airlines from London and regional UK airports. Please ask for details.
Car hire can be pre-booked through CV Villas with collection at the airport or port of arrival, and in some cases the hire car can be delivered to the villa for an additional charge. Please ask for details.