Clos St Maurin
- On the outskirts of the village
- Elegant interiors
- Beautiful gardens
About the villa
Located in the Lubéron Regional Park, and forming part of a 13th century Knights Templar estate, the very elegant Clos St. Maurin wears its history lightly. The former cloister courtyard is still privately enclosed, though now its focal point is an unusual swimming pool, based on a traditional ‘bassin’ and fed by a lovely old fountain. In the gardens, the magnificent Cedars of Lebanon are said to be testament to the Templar period, and the building itself has barely changed from its 18th century exterior. But within its walls are high-ceilinged, spacious and elegant rooms with polished timber floors, carefully furnished with a selection of French and English antiques, and period furniture now upholstered in chic, contemporary fabrics.
There are pale walls, white sofas and a classic fireplace in the large sitting room; an attractive smaller sitting room and a well-equipped kitchen with a pretty collection of china plates on the walls, table tennis, sofas and a TV in the games room. Each of the six bedrooms have been decorated with a distinctive design by the creative owners. Their décor ranges from pretty fabrics and carefully selected prints, to sepia and soft naturals, with ingenious quirky touches, like tea and coffee pot bedside lamps. The bedrooms are complemented by large and well-equipped bathrooms. Lovers of stylish interiors with a 'sense of place' will enjoy this property.
Set in mature gardens with broad lawns and an orchard, Clos St Maurin is just 1km from village restaurants, and 8km from shopping in Apt.
- Entrance hall
- Dining room
- Sitting room
- Games room
- Small sitting room
- Utility room
- Gas barbecue
- TV in the Games room
- CD player
Games and Sports
- Table tennis
- Pedestal fans in every bedroom
- Food processor
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Central heating (available on request from October to April at £350 per week)
Service & Staffing
- Welcome pack
- Maid service 3 hours per day 2 day(s) per week
- Linen Change: Once a week on arrival day, (extra changes available on request for an additional charge).
available on request
- Cook service is available on request, subject to availability at an additional cost (payable locally) and needs to be booked well in advance to avoid disappointment.
Rental Conditions: a maximum of four children per reservation accepted.
An English speaking CV representative will be available by phone during your stay. Contact details will be sent with your travel documents.
Arrival from 16:00 . Departure by 10:00
For arrivals after 19:00 please notify CV Villas as a charge may apply.
Please refer to the Health & Safety pages on this website.
- Shop, restaurants and bars Saint-Saturnin-Les-Apt 1km
- Further shops and restaurants Apt 8km.
PLACES OF INTEREST
- Saint-Saturnin-les-Apt 1km
- Apt 8km
- Avignon 59km
- Aix-en-Provence 64km
- Marseille 93km
- Marseille 110 km
- We recommend the small beaches between La Pointe Rouge harbour and La Madrague harbour.
- Avignon 47km
- Marseille 87km
- Nîmes 101km
- Montpellier 147km
- Avignon TGV 60km