Sandy Bay Cottage
Ferragudo and Surrounds, Algarve, Portugal
- Sea views
- Walk to the beach
- On the outskirts of the village
About the villa
From its painted roof rafters to its cool tiled floors, there’s a real ‘beach house’ feel to this airy little villa. Furnished throughout with enchanting simplicity, in a crisp colour palette of blue and white, the single storey villa has two or three steps linking rooms in its split-level layout. Equally ideal for family or friends, the cottage has one double bedroom and two singles and a bunk bedroom; a country-style kitchen with modern appliances; and a lovely living room forming the heart of the house, with a dining area, comfy sofas and satellite TV. A door opens out from here to the sunny and spacious terrace, with enticing views of the Atlantic Ocean and Arade River mouth, deck chairs set sleepily under tree shade, and a big dining table for leisurely lunches or starlight suppers.
And just below this broad veranda, a brick-paved sun terrace, partly in palm shade, surrounds a cool infinity pool. A sloped, stepped and gated pathway leads from Sandy Bay Cottage to the huge soft sand beach, just 300m below, if this path is closed there is a longer 700m walk along the road to the beach. Shops and restaurants in Ferragudo are a walkable 1.2km away, and tennis, golf and water sports are all within 4km.
- Built-in barbecue
- Satellite TV (limited English speaking channels)
- DVD Player
- CD player
- *WiFi (suitable for browsing/emails only)
- 5m x 3.5m
- 0.4m x 1.3m deep
- Built-in steps
- Washing Machine
Please note that smoking is not permitted inside this property. Please note that the mattress of the second double bedroom is 1.4m wide. Wardrobe space is limited in the bedrooms at the property.
Please note that this property is suitable for 4 adults and 1 child/teenager. Please ask for details.
The path to the beach is owned by a neighbor who, when at home, closes the gate access.
An English speaking CV Representative will visit during your stay. Contact details will be sent with your travel documents.
Arrival from 16:00. Departure by 10:00.
Please refer to the Health & Safety pages on this website.
- Beach restaurants (June - September)
- Shops, Restaurants and Bars - Ferragudo - 1.2km
- Tennis Carvoeiro Club 3km
- Gramacho Golf Club 4km
- Water sports Praia Grande 4km
- Portimão 6km and Carvoeiro (all facilities) 8km
PLACES OF INTEREST
- Silves 18km
- Lagos 25k
- Monchique 30km
- Cape St. Vincent 65km
- The wide sandy beach just below the property can be reached via a sloping track from the grounds of the cottage and a gate (approximately 300m). There are approximately 16 uneven steps set into the pathway at a certain point, not suitable for a buggy or those with limited mobility. If this path is closed, you can take the longer 700m walk along the road.
- Faro 60km
Set on the banks of the River Arade, Ferragudo’s white buildings tumble down the hillside to the waterfront and there are several excellent beaches nearby. The stretch of coast from Carvoeiro to Lagos is dotted with busy family resorts, but this doesn’t mean these pretty fishing villages and coastal towns have lost their charm. History abounds inSilves and Lagos’ Old Town, while Albuferia offers all the usual delights of a big resort town.
Find out more about Ferragudo and Surrounds.