From £1,292 per week
Ferragudo and Surrounds, Algarve, Portugal
- Large private pool
- Extensive grounds
About the villa
A happy little villa, where crisp white décor is splashed with summer colours in fabrics and artworks, Beach Cottage is just 200m from a broad sandy shore, reached along a gently sloping track through the grounds of its historic private estate. This rather special spot enjoys a peaceful sense of seclusion, though shops and restaurants in old-world Ferragudo village are a walkable 1km away; and golf, tennis and water sports are all within a 4km drive. Refurbished to add a contemporary twist to its characterful interiors, the villa’s three bedrooms are furnished with charming simplicity, fitted with air conditioning, and served by stylishly modern bath and shower rooms; two twin rooms on the split-level ground floor and a double privately occupying the floor above. The cheerful living room leads up to the kitchen area, and opens out to a beautiful shaded terrace for al fresco meals, with views of the sea and sands, a portable barbecue, and built-in seating with brightly coloured cushions. And steps lead down from here to a generously sized swimming pool, hemmed by a timber sun deck with ample chairs and loungers.
- 4 steps up to Kitchen
- Sitting/dining room
- Twin bedroom
- 3 steps up to Shower room
- Double bedroom
- Twin bedroom with bathroom en suite
- Please note both first floor bedrooms are only accessible by separate staircases
- Portable barbecue
- DVD Player
- iPod dock
GAMES & SPORTS
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms
- 12.5m x 6.5m
- 0.9m x 1.6m deep
- Built-in steps
- Washing machine
- Hairdryers for all bedrooms
Service & Staffing
- Welcome pack
- Maid service 2 hours per day 4 day(s) per week including changeover day
- Linen change 2 day(s) per week including changeover day
Available on request at an additional cost
- Pre-arrival grocery shopping
Please note that smoking is not permitted inside this property.
This property has different levels inside and an open gap on the staircase. Children must be closely supervised at all times. A wooden fence has been erected along 2 sides of the decked terrace to protect against drops. Please be aware there are low ceilings on the 1st floor. The owners use the main house occasionally at weekends (100 m behind the cottage, not overlooking terraces or pool) but the pool remains private for guests at the cottage.
LOW WALLSPlease refer to the Health & Safety pages on this website. Please note the ceiling height of the bedroom of the first floor is very low.
- Beach restaurants (June - September)
- Tennis - Carvoeiro Club - 3km
- Shops, restaurants and bars - Ferragudo - 1km
- Kayaking on the beach below the property in summer months
- Golf Penina and Carvoeiro 3km
- Portimão (all amenities) 6km and Carvoeiro 8km
PLACES OF INTEREST
- Silves 18km
- Lagos 25km
- Monchique 30km
- Cape St. Vincent 65km
- The wide sandy beach just below the property can be reached via a gently sloping track from the estate grounds (approximately 200 m)
- Faro 60km
Set on the banks of the River Arade, Ferragudo’s white buildings tumble down the hillside to the waterfront and there are several excellent beaches nearby. The stretch of coast from Carvoeiro to Lagos is dotted with busy family resorts, but this doesn’t mean these pretty fishing villages and coastal towns have lost their charm. History abounds inSilves and Lagos’ Old Town, while Albuferia offers all the usual delights of a big resort town.
Find out more about Ferragudo and Surrounds.