Umbria & Tuscany Border, Umbria & Lazio, Italy
- Large heated pool
- Generous proportions
- Concierge service
About the villa
In a picture postcard setting on the border of Umbria and Tuscany, Colle Alto is an imposing historic house which has been carefully restored to create a one of a kind property. With traditional architectural features such as exposed wooden beamed ceilings and old stone fireplaces, the villa’s interior design is characterful and unique with more modern furnishings throughout. Gazing out over splendid panoramic views of the surrounding hills, the two buildings sit at opposite ends of the beautiful open garden where a sunken infinity pool basks in the sun. The main house comprises various generously sized living spaces, with ample space for indoor dining and relaxing, alongside a well-equipped open kitchen. There are six large double bedrooms, all of which are en suite with a mix of indulgent king and super king size beds for ultimate comfort; the master suite and one other room on the second floor both have access to a shared terrace with breathtaking views. The spacious annexe contains a further four double bedrooms with shower rooms en suite, plus a second kitchen and sitting room.
This wonderful house would be an excellent choice for an event or special celebration, with concierge service available to arrange an array of activities on the estate from cooking classes and wine tasting, to truffle hunting adventures and boat tours on nearby Lake Trasimeno. The nearest shops and restaurants are just 1km away, while golfers may enjoy a trip to the magnificent Antognolla Golf Course, only a few minutes’ drive away.
- Living room
- Dining room
- Sitting room
- Double bedroom (king size bed) with shower room en suite
- Double bedroom (super king bed) with shower room en suite
- Double bedroom (super king size bed) with shower room en suite
- Double bedroom (super king size bed) with shower room with shared terrace
- Master double bedroom (super king size bed) with large shower room en suite and shared terrace
- TV room
- Sitting room
- 4 Double bedrooms with shower room en site
- Smart TV
- Satellite TV (limited English speaking channels)
- Bluetooth speaker
Games and Sports
- Table tennis
- Air conditioning throughout
- Coffee machine
- Nespresso machine
Private Infinity Pool
- 14m x 4m
- 1.5m x m deep
- Built-in steps
- Pool towels
- Bathroom amenities
- Church for celebrations and weddings
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Iron & Ironing Board
Service & Staffing
Available on request at an additional cost
- Cook service
- Laundry service
- Massage/beauty therapist
- Food delivery and takeaway meals
- Shuttle service to Estate Restaurant
- Wine and Olive oil tastings at Estate Restaurant
- Cooking classes in villa or at Estate Restaurant
- Activities at the Lake on the Estate
- Walking tours on the Estate
- Boat tours and watersports on Lake Trasimeno
- Reservations of golf tee times at Antognolla Golf with 20% discount and 5% at the shop
- Truffle hunting tours
- Cultural tours
- Bicycle rental
- Private taxi transfers within the estate or further afield
- Private drivers
- Additional maid service
Maximum occupancy: 1 infant in cot permitted free of charge in addition to the maximum number of people in the property. Additional infants count towards total occupancy.
Due to long drought periods in summer, barbecuing may be restricted in some areas. You will be informed if this happens by the villa staff or local representative.
Please note that pool heating will usually bring the water temperature up to approximately 10 degrees higher than the night time temperature. As such in early or late season if the nights time temperatures are low, guests may still find the pool feels cold despite heating.
Please note that if cancellation notification is received within 59 days of the departure date, 100% cancellation fees will apply.
Please note that a credit-card pre-authorisation of Euro 1500 will be required on arrival as a guarantee of payment for any additional services or breakages. This will be released 48 hours after departure.
- Shop 1km San Giovanni del Pantano
- Il Caldaro Bar and Restaurant 1km
- Antognolla Golf Course, only a few minutes’ drive away, is a magnificent 18-hole championship golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr and is adjacent to Antognolla Castle dating back to the 11th century.
- Golf course 1km
PLACES OF INTEREST
- Small village of Pierantonio 6km
- Perugia 15km
- Lake Trasimeno 20km
- Gubbio 30km
- Assisi 35km
- Spoleto 75km
- Siena 90km
- Orvieto 95km
- Perugia 34km
- Florence 164km
- Rome (Ciampino) 215km
- Bologna 220km
- Pisa 230km
- Rome (Fiumicino) 233km
A monastic calm hangs over the hills that straddle Tuscany and Umbria. But holidays along the Umbria–Tuscany border offer more than just quiet relaxation by the villa pool. Perugia is kept young by the city’s thousands of students, and houses one of central Italy’s great art collections. Lake Trasimeno has clear waters and scenery when you need a hit of azure or a day-long cycle ride. Gubbio and Città di Castello barely break their small-town rhythm to welcome visitors.
Find out more about Umbria & Tuscany Border
Please note that there is a European tourist tax payable on arrival. Further details will be advised prior to arrival.
Having a barbecue in Italy is one of the best ways to cook your food but you may find that due to long drought periods in high season barbecuing may be restricted in some areas. You will be informed if this happens by your house staff or local representative.
CV Villas is happy to book flights for our customers on scheduled, chartered or low cost airlines from London and regional UK airports. Please ask for details.
Car hire can be pre-booked through CV Villas with collection at the airport.