Maniero di Sorbello
Val d'Orcia & near Cortona, Tuscany, Italy
- Hi-spec luxury
- Tennis court
- Large heated infinity pool
About the villa
A superb family villa, set in the hills between Cortona and Mercatale, this imposing old manor house is quietly secluded, yet well placed for exploration of both Tuscan and Umbrian towns. Beautifully restored to retain its character features, the villa’s rough-hewn rafters, oak ceilings and stone lintels are now juxtaposed with modern appliances, contemporary comforts and intriguing artefacts, in rooms designed with understated elegance. At the heart of the house a charming drawing room is furnished in fresh blue and white, complemented by a cosy tv room, first floor study and galleried sitting room.
Bedrooms are romantically and individually styled, including four-posters and antique pieces, while bathrooms are fitted with large walk-in showers and roll-top or old marble baths. Providing the perfect setting for indoor/outdoor living, the house has a wonderful loggia for al fresco sitting and dining. And in the gardens, a pathway through pergola arches leads to the infinity pool and striking poolside gazebo. Nestled in acres of privacy, the villa is 8km from Mercatale and 12km from Umbertide.
- Shower room
- Utility room
- Double bedroom (can be made up as twin)
- Double bedroom (four poster bed) with bathroom en suite and separate shower
- Drawing room
- Sitting/TV room
- Arched loggia for dining al fresco
- Sitting room
- Double bedroom with shower room en suite
- Double bedroom
- Twin bedroom with bathroom en suite
- Master double bedroom with bathroom en suite and separate shower opening to terrace
- Tower bedroom/Study
- Bathroom with walk-in shower
- Portable barbecue
- Italian Sky Satellite TV
- Smart TV
- DVD Player
- Bluetooth speaker
- CD player
GAMES & SPORTS
- Table tennis
- Racquets and balls provided
- The tennis court is located 1.7km from the property, a very short car ride along the drive. The tennis court’s dimensions are of full size regulation to include playing doubles but the space outside the court on the sides is narrow and the run back is shorter than those recommended for competition
- Portable fans in all bedrooms
Please note that there is a European tourist tax payable on arrival to the House Manager. This only applies to guests over 12 years and the amount varies from €1 .5 to €6 per person and is set by the local council. Further details will be advised prior to arrival.
Having a barbecue in Italy is one of the best ways to cook your food but you may find that due to long drought periods in high season barbecuing may be restricted in some areas. You will be informed if this happens by your house staff or local representative.
No more than 12 guests permitted.
Please note that pool heating will usually bring the water temperature up to approximately 10 degrees higher than the night time temperature. As such in early or late season if the nights time temperatures are low, guests may still find the pool feels cold despite heating.
An English speaking CV representative in Italy will be available by phone during your stay. Contact details will be sent with your travel documents.
Arrival from 16:00 - 19:00. Departure by 10:00.
Please refer to the Health & Safety pages on this website.
CV Villas is delighted to offer our own allocation of scheduled seats on British Airways from London Heathrow to Pisa. Please see the Flights page or contact us for more details.
Car hire can be pre-booked through CV Villas with collection at the airport.
A food hamper is available on request. It must be ordered in the UK pre departure and paid for locally. Please ask for details.
CV Villas offers a wide variety of additional services, to make your villa holiday even more special. You should be able to find all the information you need here, otherwise you can check out our frequently asked questions page or simply send us an enquiry.
Service & Staffing
- Maid service 4 hours per day 6 day(s) per week*
- Linen change 1 day(s) per week*
- Towel change 2 day(s) per week*
AVAILABLE ON REQUEST AT AN ADDITIONAL COST
- Cook service
- Pre-arrival grocery shopping*
* MAID - Extra hours are available on request for an additional cost, payable locally
* LINEN - On Saturday (extra changes are available on request for an additional cost, payable locally)
* TOWELS - Extra changes are available on request for an additional cost, payable locally
* GROCERIES - Available on request 65/75€ plus cost of shopping
- Supermarket 12km Umbertide
- Nearest shop 8km Mercatale
Places of INterest
- Camucia Cortona 25km
- Cortona 25km
- Citta di Castello 30km
- Perugia 46km
- Montepulciano 54km
- Arezzo 54km
- Assisi 64km
- Todi 86km
- Siena 96km
- Spoleto 100km
- Perugia 35km
- Ancona 153km
- Rimini 173km
- Bologna 225km
- Pisa 245km
- Rome 260km
The rolling, strangely haunting scenery of the Val d’Orcia is the backdrop to many a Renaissance painting. Its cypress-studded ridges form one of the iconic modern images of ‘classic Tuscany’. The towns are a delight for architecture buffs: the Renaissance palaces of Montepulciano and Pienza; the Romanesque Collegiata in San Quirico d’Orcia, hewn entirely from honey-coloured travertine. Cortona clings to the side of a mountain overlooking the Valdichiana, looking out to Lake Trasimeno and neighbouring Umbria.
Find out more about Val d'Orcia & near Cortona