Tuscany Coast and Surrounds, Tuscany, Italy
Offering spectacular views towards the island of Elba from the large private pool, Poggio Morellino is an elegant panoramic villa for family and friends near historic Grosseto.
- Breathtaking views
- Splendid beaches nearby
- Stylish interiors
About the villa
Located just ten minutes from the historic town of Grosseto, Poggio Morellino is a spacious and elegant villa in the Tuscan countryside. This property boasts extraordinary panoramic views, with Elba and Corsica even visible on a clear day. The interior of this property is stylish, dotted with fabulous works of art, ceramics, prints, paintings and drawings. On the ground floor, guests will find a warm-hued open plan sitting room with dining area, complete with antiques, large windows to make the most of the views and doors to the gardens. Three bedrooms can also be found on this level, two twins and one double. Each room features a bath or shower room en suite. The first floor features the master bedroom with a bathroom en suite and additional single bed located in an alcove under the eaves, suitable for a young child.
Outside the villa, guests will discover a lovely pool paired with two shaded pergolas. The villa is surrounded by unspoiled rolling hills, a truly serene location. Amenities can be found 10km away in either Istia d’Ombrone or Grosseto, the latter of which is home to a convenient train station. Nearby places of interest include the stunning Uccellina Natural Park and the Natural WWF Oasis of Orbetello, where visitors may even like to enjoy an afternoon horseback riding. Poggio Morellino is just 20km from Marina di Alberese beach, with other beaches accessible at Principina a Mare or Castiglione della Pescaia. Florence Airport is a 161km drive away.
- Entrance Hall
- Open plan sitting room with dining area opening to gardens
- Double bedroom with walk in wardrobe, opening to terrace and bathroom en suite with shower above bath
- Twin bedroom with shower room en suite, TV and extra bed
- Twin bedroom with bathroom en suite with shower above bath
- External access to utility area
- Master double (king size) bedroom with bathroom en suite, TV and additional single bed in alcove under the eaves with limited head height, suitable for a young child only
- Smart TV
Games and Sports
- Air conditioning throughout
- Espresso coffee machine
- Pool Dimensions 14m x 5m
- 1.5m deep
- Built in steps
- Pool towels
- Kettle, small fridge in each bedroom
- Bathroom amenities
- Washing Machine
- Iron and ironing board
- Hairdryers in all bedrooms
- Insect Screens on all bedroom windows
An English speaking CV representative in Italy will be available by phone during your stay. Contact details will be sent with your travel documents.
Arrival from 16:00 Departure by 10:00.
Please refer to the Health & Safety pages on this website.
- Istia d’Ombrone (shops, restaurant, chemist) 10km
- All amenities, bars, shops, chemist, supermarkets and restaurants Grosseto 10km
- Selection of restaurants and vineyards between the villa and the coast
- Restaurants at the beach Marina di Grosseto 22km
Places of interest
- Marina di Alberese 20km
- Principina a Mare (coastal resort with wide selection of bars, shops and restaurants) 23.6km
- Castiglione della Pescaia (coastal resort with wide selection of bars, shops and restaurants) 32.5km
- Grosseto 10km
- Florence Airport 161km
- Pisa Airport 167km
- Rome Fiumicino 174km
- Rome Ciampino 197km
Tuscany Coast and Surrounds
The Maremma is a complete contrast to the classic Tuscan landscapes further north. Gone are the corrugated hills, cypress trees, and vineyards; replaced by fruit orchards and dairy herds—the fertile coastal plains here are Tuscany’s breadbasket. Port-resorts such as Porto Santo Stefano and Porto Ercole are popular weekend bolt-holes for trendy Romans. Inland, where the coastal plains bump into the hills of the Alta Maremma, summer nights on a Tuscany holiday are fresher around hill-towns like Magliano in Toscana and Paganico.
Find out more about Tuscany Coast and Surrounds
Please note that there is a European tourist tax payable on arrival. Further details will be advised prior to arrival.
Having a barbecue in Italy is one of the best ways to cook your food but you may find that due to long drought periods in high season barbecuing may be restricted in some areas. You will be informed if this happens by your house staff or local representative.
CV Villas is happy to book flights for our customers on scheduled, chartered or low cost airlines from London and regional UK airports. Please ask for details.
Car hire can be pre-booked through CV Villas with collection at the airport.