Tenuta di San Giorgio
Taormina and Eastern Sicily, Sicily, Italy
- Exquisitely furnished
- Tennis court
- Prices for smaller groups
About the villa
Developed by the current owners’ ancestors since the 15th century, the history of the San Giorgio estate goes back thousands of years, and is now a thriving organic citrus farm. The stunning manor house is set amid lawned tropical gardens designed by a famous Italian landscape gardener with additional expert advice from a British gardener and is lush with precious palm trees collected from all over the world, carob, agaves, aromatic Mediterranean shrubs and surrounded by the citrus orchards.
Poised between Etna and the sea, the villa is a supreme example of Sicilian elegance and charm, with eight exquisite spacious suites, individually decorated with antique and vintage furnishings, complete with luxury en suite bath or shower rooms with Sicilian bathroom amenities, and each with doors to a private balcony or to the garden. Here a large pool is backed by the beautiful Orangerie, its elegant drawing and dining rooms forming the social heart of the house; its upper floor enjoying breathtaking views of the valley and Mount Etna. A sauna and floodlit tennis court nestle within the orange groves, and home-grown produce is used in local and Mediterranean cuisine, prepared by the cook for every meal. A superb venue for a special celebration.
"Fantastic villa with everything we wanted for our family holiday."
MAIN HOUSE - LOWER GARDEN LEVEL
- Private entrance off courtyard into entrance hall leading to:
- Double bedroom (Rosmarino) with shower room en suite on right hand side
- Twin bedroom (Olivo - can be double) with bathroom en suite on left handside
- Twin bedroom (Bouganville - can be double) with bathroom en suite on right hand side
- Twin bedroom (Tre Limoni - can be double) with shower room en suite on left hand side
MAIN HOUSE - UPPER GARDEN LEVEL
- Library/Sitting room
- Utility room
- Twin bedroom (Zagara - can be double), with bathroom en suite and private balcony
- Twin bedroom (Cinque Palme - can be double) with shower room en suite and private balcony
- Double bedroom suite with shower room en suite (Gelsomino - suitable for wheelchair use) and entrance from garden
- Master double bedroom (Lavanda) suite with sitting area with large single bed, bathroom en suite and private terrace
- Shower room just outside the sitting room
The Old Bakery (included for up to 20 (or up to 12 up to 12 April and from 09 November)
- Open plan sitting room with kitchenette and TV/WiFi with two sofa beds (suitable for children) opening to terrace and outdoor barbecue area with wood oven and large table
- Twin bedroom (can be double) with shower room en suite
- Twin bedroom (can be double) with shower room en suite
- Wood oven
GAMES & SPORTS
- Table tennis
- Table football
- Board games
- 15m x 7m
- Built-in steps
- Outdoor shower
- Pool towels
- Sand-filled grass tennis court
- Finnish Sauna
- Bathroom amenities
- Washing machine
- Iron & ironing board
Note: A 30% deposit is required.
Prices for 8 people up to 12 April and from 09 November are for the Main House either the Upper OR Lower Floor (4 bedrooms).
Prices for 12 people up to 12 April and from 09 November are for 4 bedrooms in the Main House and 2 bedrooms in the Old Bakery.
In all seasons, prices for up to 16 are for the Main House both Upper AND Lower Floor (8 bedrooms total). The Old Bakery will be closed.
In all seasons, price for up to 20 include 2 bedrooms in the Old Bakery (10 bedrooms total).
There is a self contained apartment on top of the main house which the owners use from time to time with a completely separete entrance from the rear of the property. The owners will move out if required. Please enquire on booking.
Please indicate how beds should be made up on booking.
An English speaking CV representative in Italy will be available by phone during your stay. Contact details will be sent with your travel documents.
Arrival from 16:00. Departure by 10:00.
Please refer to the Health & Safety pages on this website.
CV Villas is happy to book flights for our customers on scheduled, chartered or low cost airlines from London and regional UK airports. Please ask for details.
Car hire can be pre-booked through CV Villas with collection at the airport of arrival. Please ask for details.
Airport transfer available on request at an additional cost. Please ask for details.
Can be arranged for an additional cost and service charge payable locally. Please ask for details.
A guide for excursions, babysitting service all available on request at an additional cost. Please ask for details.
CV Villas offers a wide variety of additional services, to make your villa holiday even more special. You should be able to find all the information you need here, otherwise you can check out our frequently asked questions page or simply send us an enquiry.
Service & Staffing
AVAILABLE ON REQUEST AT AN ADDITIONAL COST
- Additional Housekeeping or Personal laundry service available on request at an additional charge of Euro 20 per hour.
* Chef service- Please note that this is a fully serviced catered villa and guests are looked by the chef and team of villa staff, and therefore the villa is not available for self-catering. Prices for meals are €70 per person full board (all meals) and €50 per person half board (breakfast and one main meal) per person per day including all food, water, soft drinks, beer, and house wine. Children under 6 are free of charge. Menus and a wine list with a selection of wines and spirits available for purchase from the well-stocked wine cellar is available on request. Fridges can be used to store medication and baby food if required.
- Shops and restaurants Scordia
- Hospital 20km Lentini
PLACES OF INTEREST
- Catania 33km
- Mount Etna 74km
- Siracusa 68km
- Piazza Amerina 72km
- Taormina 84km
- Noto 95km
- Vendicari Natural Reserve 99km
- Agrigento 157km
- Catania 28km
Perhaps Sicily’s main tourist destination, Taormina has something for everyone. A fabulous coastline, a land and history shaped by an active volcano and a choice of a low key evening or a livelier night a little further down the coast. The east coast’s history of being conquered has led to a rich cultural heritage with so many sites to see – most famously being the ancient theatres. With this in mind, it could be easy to miss out on a shopping experience – choose from the independent gift shops or the more well-known stores found in Catania. And of course, you can’t avoid the magnificent and varied Italian cuisine.
Find out more about Taormina and Eastern Sicily