Tenuta di San Giorgio
Taormina and Eastern Sicily, Sicily, Italy
- Exquisitely furnished
- Cook service included
- Small private estate
About the villa
Developed by the current owners’ ancestors since the 15th century, the history of the San Giorgio estate goes back thousands of years, and is now a thriving organic citrus farm. The magnificent manor house is set amid lawned tropical gardens designed by a famous Italian landscape gardener with additional expert advice from a British gardener and is lush with precious palm trees collected from all over the world, carob, agaves, aromatic Mediterranean shrubs and surrounded by the citrus orchards.
Poised between Etna and the sea, the villa is a supreme example of Sicilian elegance and charm, with a total of ten exquisite spacious suites, individually decorated with antique and vintage furnishings, complete with luxury en suite bath or shower rooms with Sicilian bathroom amenities, and each with doors to a private balcony or to the garden. Here a large pool is backed by the beautiful Orangerie, its elegant drawing and dining rooms forming the social heart of the house; its upper floor enjoying breathtaking views of the valley and Mount Etna. A sauna and floodlit tennis court nestle within the orange groves, and home-grown produce is used in local and Mediterranean cuisine, prepared by the cook for every meal. A superb venue for a special celebration.
MAIN HOUSE - LOWER GARDEN LEVEL
- Private entrance off courtyard into first entrance hall leading to:
- Double bedroom (Rosmarino) with shower room en suite on right hand side
- Twin bedroom (Olivo - can be double) with bathroom en suite on left hand side
- Private entrance off courtyard into second entrance hall leading to:
- Twin bedroom (Bouganville - can be double) with bathroom en suite on right hand side
- Double bedroom (Tre Limoni) with shower room en suite on left hand side
MAIN HOUSE - UPPER GARDEN LEVEL
- Library/Sitting room
- Utility room
- Twin bedroom (Zagara - can be double), with bathroom en suite and private balcony
- Twin bedroom (Cinque Palme - can be double) with shower room en suite and private balcony
- Double bedroom suite with shower room en suite (Gelsomino - suitable for wheelchair use) and entrance from garden
- Master double bedroom (Lavanda) suite with sitting area with large single bed, bathroom en suite and private terrace
- Shower room just outside the sitting room
The Old Bakery (included in July and August)
- Open plan sitting room with kitchenette and TV/WiFi with two sofa beds (suitable for children) on mezzanine
- Twin bedroom (can be double) with shower room en suite opening to gardens
- Twin bedroom (can be double) with shower room en suite opening to gardens
- Terrace with barbecue area with wood oven and large table
- Wood oven
Games and Sports
- Table tennis
- Table football
- Board games
- 15m x 7m
- 1.2m - 3m deep
- Built-in steps
- Outdoor shower
- Pool towels
Private Tennis Court
- Sand-filled grass tennis court
- Finnish Sauna
- Bathroom amenities
- Wine cellar with Sicilian and international wines and spirits
- Washing Machine
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Hair dryers in all rooms
Service & Staffing
- Private chef service provided. This is a fully serviced catered villa and guests are looked after by the cook and team of villa staff. Prices include the cook and butler to prepare 3 meals daily (breakfast, lunch and dinner), 7 days per week. Guests can pay for a full board or half board option. The professional kitchen is fully equipped and for the use of the staff only. Fridges can be used to store medication and baby food if required. The day of arrival is considered a half board day as a three course dinner is prepared, together with breakfast on the day of departure.
- Selection of wines available to purchase from the well-stocked wine cellar. Menus and the wine list are available on request
- Cooking classes
Note: A 30% deposit is required.
It is mandatory to take the Old Boathouse for up to 20 guests from 01 - 14 April 2023, 17 June to 08 September 2023 and 16 December 203 to 05 January 2024.
For all other dates there are prices for up to 16 available, excluding the use of the Old Boathouse.
From 07 January to 31 March and from 04 November, prices are available for up to 12, but the villa will not be on exclusive use. Please ask for a quotation.
Please note that villa offers full service and guests are looked by the cook and team of villa staff. Prices include a cook, kitchen staff and butler to prepare 3 meals daily (breakfast, lunch and dinner), 7 days per week. Guests have a full board or half board option: full board supplement Euro 90 for 3 meals or half day Euro 60 including soft drinks and water. All other beverages and alcohol excluded and payable according to in house wine/drinks list. No charge is made for children of 5 and under. Children between 6 - 10 years pay 50%. Continental breakfast is laid out, lunch and dinner are served buffet style. To ensure the very best quality, food is sourced by the villa staff and guests cannot bring food and beverages in from outside. Menus and a wine list with a selection of wines and spirits available for purchase from the well-stocked wine cellar are available on request. The day of arrival is considered a half board day as a three course dinner is prepared, together with breakfast on the day of departure. Please note that there is a Euro 3500 cash advance payable on arrival. The cost of the food and beverages will be drawn down against this advance.
The professional kitchen is fully equipped and for the use of the staff only, the villa is not available for self-catering. Fridges can be used to store medication and baby food if required.
Please indicate how beds should be made up on booking.
Please note that the Orangerie and the Main House are at approximately 200m from each other, located on opposite sides of the swimming pool.
The preferred suppliers for the villa must be used for any additional services. Unknown extra staff are not permitted at the villa.
An English speaking CV representative will visit during your stay. Contact details will be sent with your travel documents.
Arrival from 16:00. Departure by 10:00.
Please refer to the Health & Safety pages on this website.
- Bars, restaurants, bank, chemist in Scordia 13km
- Shops, restaurants and hospital Lentini 20km
PLACES OF INTEREST
- Catania 28km
Perhaps Sicily’s main tourist destination, Taormina has something for everyone. A fabulous coastline, a land and history shaped by an active volcano and a choice of a low key evening or a livelier night a little further down the coast. The east coast’s history of being conquered has led to a rich cultural heritage with so many sites to see – most famously being the ancient theatres. With this in mind, it could be easy to miss out on a shopping experience – choose from the independent gift shops or the more well-known stores found in Catania. And of course, you can’t avoid the magnificent and varied Italian cuisine.
Find out more about Taormina and Eastern Sicily
Please note that there is a European tourist tax payable on arrival. Further details will be advised prior to arrival.
Having a barbecue in Italy is one of the best ways to cook your food but you may find that due to long drought periods in high season barbecuing may be restricted in some areas. You will be informed if this happens by your house staff or local representative.
CV Villas is happy to book flights for our customers on scheduled, chartered or low cost airlines from London and regional UK airports. Please ask for details.
Car hire can be pre-booked through CV Villas with collection at the airport of arrival. Please ask for details.