La Dimora del Santo
Siracusa and Southern Sicily, Sicily, Italy
- Cook service included
- Magnificent gardens
- Celebration venue
About the villa
Tall palms cast their distinctive shadows onto the extensive lawns and walls of this historic house, which was built as an abbey in 1300, before becoming an important stately home for several centuries and, latterly, being restored as a magnificent choice for a special holiday. Quietly secluded in over a hundred private acres, its glorious gardens encompass ponds and a peaceful Indian pavilion, lawned paths through scented plants and splendid symmetry, cypress and citrus trees, and buildings ablaze with bougainvillea and climbing roses. They are also home to a twenty metre swimming pool set into a pretty garden courtyard, served by a pool house with bar, barbecue, shaded terrace and a spa area creatively built into a round tower with a hammam and sauna. Within the property, timber raftered ceilings and huge stone arches span timelessly elegant country house décor, where various social spaces complement ten bedrooms, while two special suites are privately placed off the garden courtyard.
With cook service included and concierge services offered by the house manager, the unique La Dimora del Santo is just a ten minute drive from east coast beaches. With the option of dining either in the main dining room or on the shaded terrace and at different spots within the gardens, this is an ideal venue for a special celebration. Within very easy reach of Catania Airport, and beaches, the celebrated Baroque towns of Siracusa and Noto, the ceramics centre of Caltagirone, the celebrated mosaics at Piazza Armermina, Mount Etna, Taormina and noted vineyards, this is a perfect spot for touring. Guides can be arranged on request.
- Entrance Hall
- Drawing Room
- Library with TV
- Office for Villa Manager
- Large dining room opening to garden
- Winter garden/arcaded dining terrace
- 6 double (king size) bedrooms (can be made up as twin on request) with bathroom (with one exception which has a shower room) en suite opening out onto main central courtyard
- 2 double (king size bedrooms, bedrooms 4 and 5, each with bathroom en suite, connecting internally via a hallway with a further bed (accommodating 5 total). Guest using single bed will use the bathroom of one of the bedrooms.
- 2 double (king size bedrooms 1 and 2), each with bathroom en suite and internally connecting
- Portable barbecue
Games and Sports
- Table tennis
- Yoga mats
- Yoga terrace
- Badminton racquets
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms
- Professional kitchen which can also be used by guests with assistance from the staff
- 20m x 9m
- Built-in steps
- Pool house with bar, sink and barbecue
- Washing Machine
- Hairdryers For All Bedrooms
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Pool Towels
Service & Staffing
- Cook assisted by staff providing 3 meals per day (breakfast, lunch and dinner and drinks or snacks and canapes as required) between 0800 hrs - 2200 hrs with some time off in the afternoon.
- Welcome refreshment on arrival
- Concierge services provided by (non-resident) Villa Manager for menu and excursion planning and reservations (boat hire, beaches, in-villa wellness and beauty treatments)
- Daily housekeeping
- Personal laundry service (ironing payable locally)
- One 'Meet and Greet' service at Catania Airport
- Bathroom amenities
Available on request at an additional cost
- All food and beverages, shopping service charge Euro 30 per trip payable locally
- Cooking classes
- Wine tasting
- In villa wellness and beauty treatments
- Boat rental
- Private guides
- Airport transfers
- Car and driver
Please note from 10 July - 28 August, prices are available for up to 18 people - 9 bedrooms the (entered from the main courtyard) will be available. Prices are also available for 19 - 25 people with all bedrooms available.
For all other dates, prices are available for up to 12 people - 6 bedrooms (from those around the main courtyard), 13 - 18 people (9 bedrooms around the main courtyard), and for 19 - 25 people - the entire property is available.
This property can accommodate up to 150 - 200 people in total for a special celebration. Further details are available on request.
When resident, the owners' quarters occupy the east wing of this substantial property, accessed via a separate entrance not overlooking the pool or extensive gardens. Their local knowledge is exceptional and they will be pleased to give personal recommendations to ensure your stay is truly memorable.
An English speaking CV Representative in Italy will visit during your stay. Contact details will be sent with your travel documents.
Arrival between 16:00 - 19:00. Departure by 10:00.
Please refer to the Health & Safety pages on this website.
- Amenities 5km
PLACES OF INTEREST
- Necropolis of Pantalica 28km
- Siracusa 34km
- Oasi di Vendicari 63km
- Noto 64km
- Caltagirone 74km
- Taormina 88km
- Ragusa 92km
- Modica 100km
- Nearest beaches - sandy 3 km
- Catania 30 minute drive
As one of the quieter destinations on the diverse island of Sicily, the south is home to some of the top, one and two Michellin star restaurants in the country. And it’s no wonder, with the abundance beautiful local produce available. As in all parts of Sicily, there is a contrast in landscape from the marshland of Vendicari to the rebuilt towns of Noto and Ragusa. Siracusa has a tradition in making puppets - buy one as a souvenir or visit the puppet theatre for some light entertainment. Or try out the range of restaurants, bars and tours for a relaxing evening with friends.
Find out more about Siracusa and Southern Sicily
Please note that in most villas there is a European tourist tax payable on arrival to the House Manager. This only applies to guests over 12 years and the amount varies from €0.50 to €5 per person and is set by the local council. Further details will be advised prior to arrival.
Having a barbecue in Italy is one of the best ways to cook your food but you may find that due to long drought periods in high season barbecuing may be restricted in some areas. You will be informed if this happens by your house staff or local representative.
CV Villas is happy to book flights for our customers on scheduled, chartered or low cost airlines from London and regional UK airports. Please ask for details.
Car hire can be pre-booked through CV Villas with collection at the airport of arrival. Please ask for details.