- Contemporary design
- Excellent chef services on request
- Beautifully restored 'trullo' property
About the villa
A fabulous example of the region’s multi-coned trulli houses, I Gelsi is top to toe in exposed stone, from pale-toned flag floors, to walls a metre thick, broad arches in beautifully vaulted bedrooms, and cleverly designed shower rooms, utilising nooks and crannies as handy storage shelves. Though all this keeps the house naturally cool, nothing is left to chance at the much loved and well-designed villa, so under floor cooling takes its place among a list of contemporary facilities, which includes WiFi and an iPad; and the house is furnished to a high standard throughout. A very adaptable villa for groups of friends or family, four of the five guest rooms have en suite bath or shower room, most are flexibly furnished for twin or double use, and there is a barrel-arched single room with access to an upper terrace. Within the grounds are several areas for lounging and dining, in sunshine or shade; a portable barbecue for lunches al fresco; and a generously sized swimming pool, set in a pretty paved terrace. I Gelsi is just 4km from amenities in Alberobello, with several small towns within 20km, and a trio of beaches within 30km.
- Sitting room with dining area opening to terrace
- Double bedroom (Il Melograno) with bed on mezzanine and shower room below
- Double bedroom (Il Fico) with shower room en suite
- Double bedroom (Il Carciofo) with shower room en suite (external access only)
- Master double bedroom (L'Agave) with bathroom en suite with twin basins (accessed through kitchen and also external access)
- Further large kitchen (exterior access only, also suitable for cookery lessons)
FIRST FLOOR (ACCESSED VIA EXTERNAL STONE STAIRCASE)
- Room with sofa bed (limited space and headroom only suitable for teenager or young adult) with shower room en suite
- Portable barbecue
- Bluetooth speaker
- Selection of books
- Under floor cooling throughout and 2 units
- Coffee machine
- Nespresso machine
- Wine fridge
- 11m x 5m
- 1.20m deep
- Built-in steps
- The pool is open from mid April – mid October
- Bathroom amenities
- Washing Machine
- Hairdryers For All Bathrooms
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Underfloor Heating Included
Service & Staffing
AVAILABLE ON REQUEST AT AN ADDITIONAL COST
- Cook service
- Cooking classes for adults and children
- Cycling tours
- Visits to vineyards
- Massage/beauty therapist
- Airport transfer
- • Upgraded service levels: daily maid service, breakfast service, cook and maid service. Prices available on request.
All bedrooms on the ground floor can be made up as twin or double. Please confirm on booking. 2 extra beds can be added to the master bedroom. Please note that for parties of reduced numbers some bedrooms will be closed.
An English speaking CV Representative in Italy will visit during your stay. Contact details will be sent with your travel documents.
Arrival between 16:00 . Departure by 10:00
For arrivals between 19:00 - 23:00 and on a Sunday, a late arrival fee of €100 will be charged, payable in cash on arrival.
No arrivals after 23:00 and before 09:00 hrs the following day.
Please refer to the Health & Safety pages on this website.
- San Domenico Golf 25km
- Supermarket 3km
- Further amenities 4km Alberobello
- Locorotondo 9km
- Martina Franca 16km
- Cisternino 18km
- Lecce 111km
- Castel del Monte 120km
- Savelletri 25km
- Torre Canne 29km
- Capitolo (Monopoli) 27km
- Bari 73km
- Brindisi 72km