Chania, Crete, Greece
- Stunning sea views
- Large lawned gardens
- 2 infinity pools
About the villa
Uncluttered, understated and uber-chic, this very contemporary house stands in three hectares of gated grounds, just 1.5km from shops and waterfront restaurants in Kolymvari village and 2km from its long sand and pebble beach. A haven of peace and luxury, the villa’s stylish rooms feature oak floors, exposed stone walls, high raftered ceilings, and décor and furnishings in soft earthy tones; while its exceptional facilities include a light and airy gym, and a vaulted stone wine cellar replete with Greek and Cretan wines. The living area is a lovely open-plan arrangement in which a cool retro kitchen, well equipped with modern appliances, adjoins a serene and spacious sitting / dining room with a window wall onto wonderful views.
Attention to detail, evident everywhere, is particularly notable in the four bedrooms, each with en suite bath or shower room, furnished balcony, satellite TV, Coco-Mat mattresses, and quality bed linens and bathroom products. And outside, with night lighting, there are covered terraces for dining and relaxing, a kitchen garden, a summer kitchen with barbecue and wood oven, an infinity pool and sunbathing lawn, and a children’s pool and play area.
- Large open plan room with sitting and dining areas opening to 2 outdoor furnished terraces
- Arch to kitchen opening out to adjacent covered patio
- Double bedroom (king size bed) with shower room en suite opening to terrace
- Twin bedroom (can be made as king size bed) with shower room en suite opening to terrace
- Master double bedroom with bathroom en suite (partially open to bedroom) and large panoramic furnished partially shaded terrace
lower ground floor
- Utility room
- Wine cellar (stocked with local Cretan and Greek wines available for purchase)
- (External access) King size double bedroom opening to furnished terrace with bathroom en suite, open for groups of 7 people or more
- Built-in barbecue
- Outside kitchen with sink and preparation area
- DVD Player
- CD player
- Satellite TV with USB port
- Air conditioning throughout
- Coffee machine
Private Infinity Pool
- Built-in steps
- Ladder Access
- Outdoor shower
- Pool towels
- One infinity pool of 60 sqm.
- Second separate infinity pool of 12msq., 0.5m deep
- Wine cellar
- Wood oven
- Luxury bathroom amenities
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Hairdryers For All Bedrooms
- Insect Screens (bedroom windows and doors)
- Insect Screens (bedroom windows and doors)
Service & Staffing
available on request at an additional cost
- Massage/beauty therapist
- Delivery service of traditional Cretan cuisine to the villa from taverna in Kolymbari
- Additional maid service
- Day out to the sea by private boat with a skipper (i.e. a day trip to Gramvousa-Ballos or to the north coast), organised off road excursions to the Cretan mountains with 4x4 jeeps
- A selection of sightseeing tours in a luxury minivan (a day tour to Knossos Palace-Heraklion Archaeological Museum)
- Hiking tours (i.e. hiking tour to Samaria gorge)
- Winery visits
- Pre-arrival grocery delivery available for €50 fee
This villa is suitable for those with limited mobility as it has ground floor bedrooms and there are few steps on the ground floor. Please discuss your requirements with your Travel Expert.
EOT Tourist Licence number: 1042K91003088701
- Kolymvari 1.5km (all amenities including tavernas, shops, bakeries, supermarket, bank, ATM, petrol station, chemist, post office and doctor)
- Platanias 10km
places of interest
- Chania 23km
- Ormalos Plateau - starting point for the Samarias Gorge hike
- Kolymvari 2km, a long sand and pebble beach with some spots offering sunbeds, beach umbrellas and water sports
- Chania 38km
- Heraklion 150km
When it comes to sheer character and beauty, many consider Crete to be a true Grecian gem. It’s the country’s largest island with contrasting landscapes, a distinct culture and an atmosphere immersed in charm. It also offers a treasure trove of riches from villages steeped in tradition, the landmark White Mountains, secluded coves and architecture from the pages of history through to delightful coastal areas and lively resorts. It is Chania that some say is the most enticing; this is where you’ll find enchanting towns, a great range of beaches and pockets of local life untouched by the passage of time.
Find out more about Chania.
CV Villas is happy to book flights for our customers on scheduled, chartered or low cost airlines from London and regional UK airports. Please ask for details.
Car hire can be pre-booked through CV Villas with collection at the airport or port of arrival, and in some cases the hire car can be delivered to the villa for an additional charge. Please ask for details.