St James, Barbados, Caribbean
- All bedrooms en suite
- Cook service included
- Plunge and resort pool
About the villa
These eight sea-facing houses are privately owned and individually furnished, but they do have a lot in common. Each offers inclusive cook service, and has its own plunge pool, a combined living/dining room, and three bedrooms, each en suite, air conditioned, and with a terrace or a balcony. All are built in similar style, their red clay roof tiles and whitewashed walls giving an outward appearance of rustic charm. And they group together on the cliff top around a twenty-one metre free-form swimming pool, its luxuriant tropical setting redolent of an oasis. It is here that an old maxim comes to mind, that ‘the whole is greater than the sum of its parts’, for Merlin Bay has a very sociable atmosphere, particularly appreciated by families, but also fun for groups of friends. Hibiscus has an enviable advantage in that its open terrace is directly beside the pool, accessed by double doors from the attractive and airy living room. Adjacent to Eden on the Sea, the villas would make a fine pair if booked together for two families.
- Open plan living/dining and kitchen area
- Twin bedroom ( can be made up as double) with shower room en suite
- Master double bedroom with bathroom en suite opening to balcony
- Twin bedroom with shower room en suite
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms
- Ceiling fans
- Plunge pool 4.5m x 3.5m
- 1m x 2m deep
- 21m x 9m
- 1m x 2m deep
- Pool towels
- Washing machine
- Iron & ironing board
- Security system
The great advantage of a Caribbean villa holiday is that holidays can commence on any day and duration is also flexible. The minimum stay is 5 nights, so villas can be booked for 8, 9, 10, 11 nights etc. Special conditions apply for Christmas and New Year. Please enquire for a full tailor-made quotation.
50% Deposit required for any bookings travelling between (or including) the 20th December and the 10th January. 25% at any other times. Please note there is a minimum stay of 14 nights over the Christmas period, special booking conditions apply.
CV Villas is happy to book flights for our customers on scheduled, chartered or low cost airlines from London and regional UK airports. Please ask for details.
Car hire can be pre-booked through CV Villas with collection at the airport or port of arrival, and in some cases the hire car can be delivered to the villa for an additional charge. Please ask for details.
CV Villas offers a wide variety of additional services, to make your villa holiday even more special. You should be able to find all the information you need here, otherwise you can check out our frequently asked questions page or simply send us an enquiry.
Service & Staffing
- Maid service 6 hours per day 6 day(s) per week
- Cook service 3 meals per day 6 day(s) per week*
- Resort security
- Room Rate Levy & service fees
* Within these hours: 8:30am-1:30pm & 5:30pm-8:30pm (staff usually have one day off a week, cost of food is not included, shopping is available for an additional fee).
- Spa 5 minutes' drive
- Watersports 5 minutes' drive
- Golf 10 minutes' drive
- Tennis 10 minutes' drive
- Shops and restaurants 10 minutes' drive Holetown
Places of inTerest
- Folkestone Marine Park 5 minutes' drive
- Harrison's Cave 10 minutes' drive
- Barbados Wildlife Reserve 20 minutes' drive
- Bridgetown 20 minutes' drive
- St Nicholas Abbey 20 minutes' drive
- In front of the property
- Mullins Beach 5 minutes' drive
- Grantley Adams International Airport 45 minutes' drive
St. James parish runs along the central stretch of the island’s west—the Platinum Coast. Its white-sand beaches are backed by luxury hotels and villas including Sandy Lane, long patronized by royals and film stars. The seaside settlement of Holetown is at the centre of the parish: its bars, restaurants, and craft shops have a laid-back, local vibe. The Holetown Festival each February, one to catch on a St. James holiday, celebrates its status as the first British settlement on Barbados, with live music and a street fair.