St James, Barbados, Caribbean
- Activities nearby
- Cook service included
About the villa
One of just eight houses which share a gorgeous ocean-front pool surrounded by tropical greenery, Gingerbread, like each of the others, has its own plunge pool and three bedrooms, each with air conditioning, en suite bath or shower room, and a balcony or terrace. But, as each of the villas is privately owned and individually styled, that’s probably where the similarities end. This villa is an enchanting blend of rustic simplicity and uncluttered calm. With its décor and furnishings in fresh blue and white, there is a contemporary feel throughout the house, not least in the open-plan kitchen/living/dining room, which opens on to an al fresco dining terrace overlooking the gardens and ocean. Sun terraces around the large pool extend to the cliff edge, and a short flight of steps lead to the secluded beach below. A five minute drive from Holetown, all of the Merlin Bay houses are featured by CV Villas, so two or three could be booked together for large groups of family or friends.
THIS PROPERTY IS PART OF THE ORIGINAL COLLECTION, CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT MORE.
- Open plan living/dining and kitchen area
- Double bedroom with shower room en suite
- Master double bedroom with shower room en suite opening to balcony
- Twin bedroom (can be made up as king size) with shower room en suite
- Cable TV
- DVD Player
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms
- Ceiling fans
- Plunge pool 3.5m x 3m
- 1m x 2m deep
- 21m x 9m
- 1m x 2m deep
- Pool towels
- Washing machine
- Iron & ironing board
The great advantage of a Caribbean villa holiday is that holidays can commence on any day and duration is also flexible. The minimum stay is 5 nights, so villas can be booked for 8, 9, 10, 11 nights etc. Special conditions apply for Christmas and New Year. Please enquire for a full tailor-made quotation.
50% Deposit required for any bookings travelling between (or including) the 20th December and the 10th January. 25% at any other times. Please note there is a minimum stay of 14 nights over the Christmas period, special booking conditions apply.
Security deposit of USD 1,000 will be debited from a credit card on arrival to cover incidentals and any damage.
Please note car hire is essential.
CV Villas is happy to book flights for our customers on scheduled, chartered or low cost airlines from London and regional UK airports. Please ask for details.
Car hire can be pre-booked through CV Villas with collection at the airport or port of arrival, and in some cases the hire car can be delivered to the villa for an additional charge. Please ask for details.
CV Villas offers a wide variety of additional services, to make your villa holiday even more special. You should be able to find all the information you need here, otherwise you can check out our frequently asked questions page or simply send us an enquiry.
Service & Staffing
- Maid service 6 hours per day 6 day(s) per week
- Cook service 3 meals per day 6 day(s) per week*
- Resort security
- Shared Economy Levy and Service Fees
* Within these hours: 8:30am-1:30pm & 5:30pm-8:30pm (staff usually have one day off a week, cost of food is not included, shopping is available for an additional fee).
- Spa 5 minutes' drive
- Watersports 5 minutes' drive
- Golf 10 minutes' drive
- Tennis 10 minutes' drive
- Shops and restaurants 10 minutes' drive Holetown
Places of Interest
- Folkestone Marine Park 5 minutes' drive
- Harrison's Cave 10 minutes' drive
- Barbados Wildlife Reserve 20 minutes' drive
- Bridgetown 20 mins' drive
- St Nicholas Abbey 20 minutes' drive
- In front of the property
- Mullins Beach 5 minutes' drive
- Grantley Adams International Airport 45 minutes' drive
St. James parish runs along the central stretch of the island’s west—the Platinum Coast. Its white-sand beaches are backed by luxury hotels and villas including Sandy Lane, long patronized by royals and film stars. The seaside settlement of Holetown is at the centre of the parish: its bars, restaurants, and craft shops have a laid-back, local vibe. The Holetown Festival each February, one to catch on a St. James holiday, celebrates its status as the first British settlement on Barbados, with live music and a street fair.