St James, Barbados, Caribbean
- Elegant interiors
- Fully staffed including butler
- Short walk to Sandy Lane beach
About the villa
Refurbished, extended and offering the archetypal semi open-air style of tropical island life, Bluff House stands in over an acre of exotic gardens, entered via a sweeping driveway, and focused on a pretty pool and sundeck, from where there are palm-framed views of the sea. A cool and classy coral stone villa, with bleached timber and marble floors, it is furnished in soft creams and subtle neutrals which complement its understated style. Privately positioned on the upper floor, the master suite opens on to a beautiful shaded balcony, looking out through the trees to the sea.
Everything else is at ground level, five bedrooms each with doors to the garden, a sitting room and stylish dining room, and at the heart of the house, amidst lush plants, an entertaining space opening on to the pool terrace. Open-water swimming is a ten minute stroll away along a private path from the garden to Sandy Lane beach, where sun loungers are provided, and Holetown’s restaurants are a walkable distance (or a five minute drive) from the house.
- Entrance hall
- Double (super king size, can be twin) bedroom with bathroom en suite with overhead shower
- Double (super king size bed can be twin) with bathroom en suite with overhead shower
- Outdoor seating/entertaining area
- 2 Double (super king size bed can be twin) with bathroom en suite with overhead shower adjacent to entertaining area
- Junior master double bedroom suite with bathroom en suite with overhead shower opening to furnished terrace and gardens
- Master double (super king) bedroom with bathroom en suite and separate shower opening to furnished terrace
- Living/dining area opening to terrace
- Steps up from sitting room to first floorMaster double (super king size) bedroom with shower room en suite
- Steps down from sitting room to: Twin bedroom (can be double) with shower room en suite
- Cable TV
- DVD Player
- CD player
- iPod dock
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms
- Ceiling fans
- American fridge/freezer
- Coffee machine
- Wine fridge
- 9m x 5m
- 1m x 2m deep
- Built-in steps
- Pool towels
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Iron & ironing board
The great advantage of a Caribbean villa holiday is that holidays can commence on any day and duration is also flexible. The minimum stay is 5 nights, so villas can be booked for 8, 9, 10, 11 nights etc. Special conditions apply for Christmas and New Year. Please enquire for a full tailor-made quotation.
Occupancies up to 12 will have the use of the Main Villa, occupancies of 13 - 16 will have use of the House and the Cottage. Please note car hire is essential.
Security deposit of USD 1000 will be held against a credit card on arrival to cover incidentals and any damage.
CV Villas is happy to book flights for our customers on scheduled, chartered or low cost airlines from London and regional UK airports. Please ask for details.
Car hire can be pre-booked through CV Villas with collection at the airport or port of arrival, and in some cases the hire car can be delivered to the villa for an additional charge. Please ask for details.
CV Villas offers a wide variety of additional services, to make your villa holiday even more special. You should be able to find all the information you need here, otherwise you can check out our frequently asked questions page or simply send us an enquiry.
Service & Staffing
- Maid service*
- Cook service 3 meals per day 6 day(s) per week*
- Night security*
- Shared Economy Levy
* Staff hours are 8:30am-1:30pm & 5:30pm-8:30pm 6 days per week
* Night security: 6:00pm - 6:00am, 7 days per week
* Cook Service inclusive with cook preparing 3 meals a day, 6 days per week, within these hours: 8:30am-1:30pm & 5:30pm-8:30pm (cost of food is not included, food and beverages are payable locally).
- Shops and restaurants 5 minutes' drive Holetown
- Spa 10 minutes' walk
- Golf 5 minutes' drive
- Tennis 5 minutes' drive
Places of Interest
- Harrison's Cave 10 minutes' drive
- Folkestone Marine Park 10 minutes' drive
- Bridgetown 15 minutes' drive
- St Nicholas Abbey 30 minutes' drive
- Barbados Wildlife Reserve 30 minutes' drive
- Below the villa - under 5 minutes walk, accessed via steps and pathway from the villa, furnished with sunbeds from the villa.
- Further beaches within a short drive.
- Airport 45 minutes' drive
St. James parish runs along the central stretch of the island’s west—the Platinum Coast. Its white-sand beaches are backed by luxury hotels and villas including Sandy Lane, long patronized by royals and film stars. The seaside settlement of Holetown is at the centre of the parish: its bars, restaurants, and craft shops have a laid-back, local vibe. The Holetown Festival each February, one to catch on a St. James holiday, celebrates its status as the first British settlement on Barbados, with live music and a street fair.