Italian Apulian Meatballs Recipe
- 2 cups of stale bread
- 500g minced veal (can also be made with pork)
- Grated pecorino cheese
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 organic eggs
- salt and pepper
- Put the bread in water until it softens, then break up into breadcrumbs
- Mince parsley and garlic and add it to the breadcrumbs.
- Add all remaining ingredients then knead to mix.
- Roll the meatballs by wetting the palm of your hands with red wine to prevent the dough from flaking.
- Fry in plenty of olive oil until they turn golden, dab any excess oil with kitchen roll.
- Eat them immediately while they are still hot or reheat them for 5 minutes in tomato and basil sauce.
If you're feeling inspired by Raffaella's recipe for Puglian meatballs, check out our range of pretty villas in Puglia here.