Lagos and surrounds, Algarve, Portugal
- Peaceful location
- Extensive grounds
- Tennis court
About the villa
Basking, blissfully undisturbed, in its enviably unspoilt spot, this spacious villa has an all-encompassing atmosphere of relaxation, perfect for a family gathering or a group of friends. Set on a private 40 acre plot planted with avocado and citus trees, Nick Faldo's new Amendoeiras golf course is only a five minute drive away. Modern and comfortably furnished throughout, the villa’s six bedrooms are each en suite, air-conditioned and with under-floor heating beneath the rich chestnut wood boards. The hub of the house is its large living room, which opens on to a deep and long covered terrace. This acts as an al fresco sitting / dining room, looking out over lawns and the large heated swimming pool, to a timeless rural scene beyond.Within the walled gardens are clusters of trees for dappled shade, and a barbecue area artfully adapted from an old bread oven. Behind the house is a championship-size tennis court, where tennis coaching can be arranged and there is a shaded games area with table tennis and table football. The villa is a short drive from shops, banks and restaurants in historic Silves.This ancient Moorish castle town also hosts a number of different festivals during the summer and has an old cork factory which is now a museum and cultural centre, as well as housing a selection of good value and fun eateries and bars. The house is 10km from sandy beaches and there are several other beaches and towns within a short driving distance.
"Gorgeous, very well appointed and laid out and we thoroughly enjoyed the whole stay."
"We had a lovely time at O Pomar. The house was just what we were looking for. lovely pool, plenty of space for dining and sitting on the terrace and excellent bedrooms for everybody. The tennis court was also well used and the garden was beautiful and very well maintained. Our maid was also very helpful."
- Open plan drawing/sitting room
- Kitchen opening to garden
- Entrance hall
- Dining room opening onto terrace
- Utility room
- Twin bedroom with shower room en suite
- Double bedroom with bathroom en suite with bath and separate shower opening to garden
- Landing/TV room opening to terrace
- Twin bedroom with shower room en suite
- Twin bedroom with shower room en suite opening to terrace
- Master double bedroom (super king size bed) with bathroom en suite with bath and separate shower opening to terrace
- Double bedroom (king size bed) with bathroom en suite with bath and separate shower opening to private balcony
- Barbecue area
- Flat screen TV with all Sky Sports channels included
- DVD Player
- Bluetooth speaker
- CD player
- iPod dock
- Air conditioning throughout
Please note that the owner provides a welcome pack at this property which differs from the CV Welcome Pack. Further information on this will be detailed in your joining instructions or is available on request.
FLIGHTSCV Villas is happy to book flights for our customers on scheduled, chartered or low cost airlines from London and regional UK airports. Please ask for details.
Car hire can be pre-booked through CV Villas with collection at the airport or port of arrival, and in some cases the hire car can be delivered to the villa for an additional charge. Please ask for details.
Service & Staffing
- Basic welcome pack
- Maid service 3 hours per day 5 day(s) per week including changeover day
- Linen change 1 day(s) per week including changeover day
AVAILABLE on request at an ADDITIONAL cost
- Cook service and cocktail barista
- Tennis coaching
- Outdoor cinema
- Shops and restaurants Silves 4km
- Golf 2km
Places of interest
- Lagos 40km
- Sagres Fort 60km
- Cape St Vincent 65km
- Monchique 20km
- Silves 4km
- Faro 50km
A pretty, historic town in the western Algarve, there is much to discover both in Lagos and the surrounding area. Marvel at the stunning coastal scenery and laze on the golden sands of Blue Flag beaches, then stop for lunch in one of the many waterfront restaurants serving up fresh fish. Explore the cobbled streets of Lagos’ Old Town, and then venture out to the fishing villages nearby, and experience the traditional Portuguese way of life.
Find out more about Lagos and surrounds.