Gli Olivi - Borgo Bastia Creti
Umbria & Tuscany Border, Umbria & Lazio, Italy
- Large shared pool
- Shared tennis court
- Club Bastia informal dining
About the villa
A beautifully restored hilltop hamlet, Borgo Bastia Creti’s old stone buildings have become five independent villas and apartments. Surrounded by extensive lawns and managed by obliging resident staff, they share the use of a barbecue, tennis court and sixteen metre swimming pool, along with a converted chapel that is now Club Bastia. This get-together venue has a PC for guests’ use, a sitting area and a delightful dining hall, where local dishes are the order of the day for (optional) evening meals. With super views from its elevated spot, Gli Olivi is accessed by steps from the central courtyard, which is furnished for al fresco dining. Beamed ceilings, bright rugs, tiled floors and cheerful décor create a light and airy feel throughout the two storey accommodation, which includes a dining kitchen and comfy sitting room on the lower level and, occupying the upper floor, a twin room with en suite shower, and a very spacious and romantically rustic double bedroom with bathroom. Well equipped with modern comforts, Gli Olivi also offers (pre-bookable) cook service, and is 15km from shops and restaurants in Umbertide.
- Kitchen with dining area
- Sitting room
- Double bedroom with bathroom en suite
- Twin bedroom with shower room en suite
- Satellite TV
- DVD Player
- CD player
GAMES & SPORTS
- Table tennis
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms
- Shared - Racquets and balls available for hire
- Club Bastia is a peaceful and light 14th century chapel with high ceilings and frescoed walls, which has been lovingly converted into an elegant but informal “Club” or sitting/dining area with antique furniture, where guests staying at Borgo Bastia Creti can watch satellite TV or relax in quiet comfort, take advantage of the fax machine and the computer which are there for guests' use, and, on weekdays, enjoy one of the cook's excellent meals
An English speaking CV Representative in Italy will be available by phone during your stay. Contact details will be sent with your travel documents.
Arrival from 16:00 - 19:00. Departure by 10:00.
Please refer to the Health & Safety pages on this website.
CV Villas is happy to book flights for our customers on scheduled, chartered or low cost airlines from London and regional UK airports. Please ask for details.
Car hire can be pre-booked through CV Villas with collection at the airport.
A food hamper is available on request. It must be ordered in the UK pre departure and paid for locally. Please ask for details.
CV Villas offers a wide variety of additional services, to make your villa holiday even more special. You should be able to find all the information you need here, otherwise you can check out our frequently asked questions page or simply send us an enquiry.
Service & Staffing
- Welcome pack
- Maid service 1.5 hours per day 2 day(s) per week
- Linen change 1 day(s) per week*
AVAILABLE ON REQUEST AT AN ADDITIONAL COST
- Cook service
* On Saturday (extra changes are available on request for an additional charge)
*Club Bastia is a peaceful and light 14th century chapel with high ceilings and frescoed walls, which has been lovingly converted into an elegant but informal “Club” or sitting/dining area with antique furniture, where guests staying at Borgo Bastia Creti can watch satellite TV or relax in quiet comfort, take advantage of the fax machine and the computer which are there for guests' use, and, on weekdays, enjoy one of the cook's excellent meals. Guests can sit at small individual tables or there is a long table seating 12-14 for large parties. The main door leads out onto a grassy terrace where meals are served during warm weather. Delicious simple local food is available in the evening. A typical meal is a pasta or risotto dish, meat or fish, vegetables and salad, dessert and coffee. The service is charged at a fixed price of Euro 30 per person per meal, without wine. The club is non-licensed, so guests are asked to bring their own wine (though there often seems to be some on hand!)
- Mountain climbing, trekking, horse riding 2km
- 18 hole golf course 5km Antognolla Golf Club
- Fly fishing 14km Tiber River
- Gritti Vineyard offers a very popular vineyard tour, dinner and wine tasting 20km Niccone Valley
- Watersports 25km Lake Trasimeno
- Golf Ellera di Corciano-Perugia 60km
- Small shop 5km Spedalicchio
- Restaurant 11km
- Supermarket 15km Umbertide
Places of Interest
- Cortona 30km
- Gubbio 45km
- Perugia 50km
- Assisi 60km
- Todi 80km
- Siena, Spoleto 100km
- Florence 160km
- Pisa 220km
- Bologna 250km
- Rome 260km
- Terontola-Cortona 40km
A monastic calm hangs over the hills that straddle Tuscany and Umbria. But holidays along the Umbria–Tuscany border offer more than just quiet relaxation by the villa pool. Perugia is kept young by the city’s thousands of students, and houses one of central Italy’s great art collections. Lake Trasimeno has clear waters and scenery when you need a hit of azure or a day-long cycle ride. Gubbio and Città di Castello barely break their small-town rhythm to welcome visitors.