Val d'Orcia & near Cortona, Tuscany, Italy
- Large heatable pool
- Chef service included
- Football pitch
About the villa
Featured as part of CV Villas' Private Collection.
The fabulous Il Pozzo is a flawless restoration of a former farmhouse, dating back to the 18th century but now replete with 21st century facilities. With a dedicated team of staff, five-star service includes luxury toiletries, fresh flowers, concierge and breakfast service, and chef service for lunch or dinner, with sumptuous poolside barbecues an option, and many ingredients fresh from the garden. In its own twelve hectares of Tuscan hillside are orchards, olive groves and vegetable beds, tranquil gardens of lawns and flowers, a play house, a 5-a-side football pitch, and a sizeable swimming pool.
Al fresco living is encouraged with hammocks for snoozing in shady spots, and well-furnished dining and lounging areas beside the pool, beneath the trees and on the villa’s terraces. And all gaze out to gorgeous views, over gently rolling hills to picturesque Pienza, just 10km away. Within the villa is a sleek kitchen in stainless steel, an elegant living room with a full window wall onto the garden, a TV/play room with DVD and surround sound system, and nine beautiful bedrooms, each with en suite bath or shower room, TV and WiFi. There is one bedroom at opposite ends of the ground floor, another very spacious room on a middle level and four lovely bedrooms on the first floor with two further double bedrooms in the annexe.
- Double bedroom with shower room en suite opening to patio
- Master double bedroom with sitting area with double sofa bed, desk and chair, TV leading to double bedroom with bathroom en suite and separate shower
- 2 Double bedrooms with sitting area with single sofa bed, and shower room en suite
- Gas barbecue
GAMES & SPORTS
- Private five-a-side football pitch
- Playhouse with slide
- See - Saw
- Table tennis
- Table football
- Boules court
- Air conditioning throughout
- American fridge/freezer
- Nespresso machine
- American-style coffee machine
- Concierge service
- Wine cellar
- Bathroom amenities
- Iron & ironing board
- Central heating included
Please note that smoking is not permitted anywhere in the villa or annexe nor on the common paths around the house or swimming pool.
An English speaking CV representative in Italy will be available by phone during your stay. Contact details will be sent with your travel documents.
Arrival from 16:00 - 19:00. Departure by 10:00.
Please refer to the Health & Safety pages on this website.
CV Villas is happy to book flights for our customers on scheduled, chartered or low cost airlines from London and regional UK airports. Please ask for details.
Car hire can be pre-booked through CV Villas with collection at the airport.
CV Villas offers a wide variety of additional services, to make your villa holiday even more special. You should be able to find all the information you need here, otherwise you can check out our frequently asked questions page or simply send us an enquiry.
Service & Staffing
- Maid service 4 hours per day 6 day(s) per week
- Linen change 1 day(s) per week*
- Towel change 1 day(s) per week*
- Chef service 1 meals per day 6 day(s) per week*
- Breakfast service 6 day(s) per week
- Fresh cut flowers on arrival*
- Garden and pool maintenance
* Mid week.
* Chef shops, prepares and serves 1 main meal per day (either lunch or dinner), 6 days per week, excluding Sunday. The house staff can prepare additional light lunches or dinners for €20 per hour per member of staff. Food and beverages to be paid for locally in cash in Euro at cost, receipts will be provided for all items purchased. Please note that there will also be a shopping service charge to cover staff time.
* The concierge is non-resident but will visit as required and is contactable 7 days per week. The concierge will gladly arrange a selection of additional services including the following, most of which should be booked in advance: Restaurant reservations • Wine and pecorino tastings • Mountain bike hire • Horse riding • Spa recommendations • Grocery pre-stocking can also be arranged prior to your arrival on request.
* Replenished throughout stay.
The rolling, strangely haunting scenery of the Val d’Orcia is the backdrop to many a Renaissance painting. Its cypress-studded ridges form one of the iconic modern images of ‘classic Tuscany’. The towns are a delight for architecture buffs: the Renaissance palaces of Montepulciano and Pienza; the Romanesque Collegiata in San Quirico d’Orcia, hewn entirely from honey-coloured travertine. Cortona clings to the side of a mountain overlooking the Valdichiana, looking out to Lake Trasimeno and neighbouring Umbria.
Find out more about Val d'Orcia & near Cortona