Puglia & Basilicata, Italy
- Sandy beach nearby
- Large private pool
- Modern design
About the villa
Superbly constructed by master craftsmen, with perfect attention to period detail from its vaulted ceilings to the hand-carved sandstone walls, this is a modern luxury villa in Puglia, with the footprint and simple elegance of the region’s traditional farmhouses. Huge timber doors fill the arched gateway into the courtyard, which is large enough for a game of badminton and houses a pizza oven, barbecue and big dining table under pergola shade. An external staircase leads to a sun drenched roof terrace, an arched portico shelters the doorways to three en suite bedrooms, and shuttered French windows link the al fresco space with an open-plan living room and kitchen, where stainless steel and contemporary art complement country style furnishings. A guest annexe provides a further two bedrooms, while additional outdoor space comes in the walled garden which surrounds a fifteen metre pool looking out over the olive groves with a lovely al fresco lunch spot.
Masseria Ferrantino is within short drive of shops and a great bakery in Carpignano, and inexpensive informal family friendly restaurants can also be found in Carpignano and in and around other local villages. Many local villages host atmospheric food festivals and concerts. Beautiful sandy beaches including Alimini and Torre dell'Orso with beach clubs are within easy driving distance and surfing, kite surfing, SUP, kayaking can be enjoyed. Day trips on yachts can be enjoyed from Otranto during the season. Cycling is also very popular and bicycles (with guides if required) can also be hired. Salento, this area of southern Puglia is a unspoilt pocket of southern Europe dotted with beautiful towns, villages and superb restaurants. Interesting half day trips include visiting the picturesque old town and beaches of Otranto and Gallipoli and the magnificent baroque town and upmarket shopping of Lecce.
MAIN HOUSE - Ground Floor
- Open plan sitting room with dining and kitchen area opening to pool area
- Utility room
- Master double bedroom with bathroom en suite and separate shower
- Double bedroom with shower room en suite
- Twin bedroom (can be made as king size bed) with shower room en suite
- Note: all bedrooms in the main house open onto the courtyard and do not interconnect
MAIN HOUSE - UPPER LEVEL
- Twin bedroom (can be made as king size bed)
- Twin bedroom
- Charcoal fired Weber Barbecue
- Pizza oven
- Basic Italian SKY satellite TV with sport
- DVD Player
- DVD library
- Sonos sound system
- Selection of books
- Stereo system for iPhone/iPod
Games and Sports
- Table tennis
- Yoga mats
- Yoga terrace
- Pool inflatables
- Beach umbrella
- Fans in all bedrooms and living room
- Coffee machine
- Nespresso machine
- 15m x 6m
- 1.2m x 2.5m deep
- Built-in steps
- The pool is open from : to - outside these dates, the pool can be opened on request for an extra charge
- Pool towels
- Changing room and WC
- The pool is open from 09 May - 18 September
- The pool and pool terrace can be closed off from the bedrooms by closing gate from the courtyard to the garden where pool is located.
- Washing Machine
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Heating (payable locally)
- Heating (payable locally)
An English speaking CV Representative in Italy will visit during your stay. Contact details will be sent with your travel documents.
Arrival from 16:00 - 19:00. Please note any late arrivals between 2000 hrs - 2200 hrs are on request. If it is possible there is a fee of €30 payable locally in cash. Departure by 10:00.
Please refer to the Health & Safety pages on this website.