Villa Mare e Monte
- Walk to the beach
- Watersports nearby
- Cook service included
About the villa
From a champagne welcome, to inclusive cook and concierge service, bathrobes and luxury bathroom amenities, this is a very comfortable family villa. Tiered into its hillside setting, the rambling house provides privacy for each of its five en suite bedrooms, as well as space and facilities for full-house get-togethers. With artful use of glass, steel and timber in its chic interiors, uncluttered styling and calm neutral colours are brightened with red highlight furnishings, and big soft sofas in deep brown leather adorn the stylish cinema and spacious sitting room.A Garden Suite beside the pool and the villa’s impressive Master Suite on the upper level each open out to a terrace complete with private hot tub. Every guest bedroom is equipped with air conditioning, plasma TV and Bose iPod dock. Leisure facilities include a well-equipped gym, large heated pool, boules court and children’s play area. And al fresco sitting and dining terraces make the most of sumptuous views to the sea, where Palombaggia’s acclaimed crescent of sandy beach and many good restaurants and bars are a ten minute walk away. There is a food shop and a selection of other restaurants within a short drive of the property and further restaurants serving fresh fish and local Corsican specialities including several gastronomic restaurants, amenities and boutiques and boat rental in chic Portovecchio. The historic town of Bonifacio, with its fashionable boutiques and trendy bars and restaurants, is within easy driving distance, while the mountains have superb activities on offer and some breathtakingly beautiful walks. A 77ft sailing yacht can be hired to complete the Corsica experience.
- Steps up from parking area to entrance
- Large open plan room with dining and 2 steps up to living area opening to terrace
- Cinema room
- Pantry/Utility area
- Junior Master bedroom with Double/Twin (king size bed) with en suite shower room, opening to terrace
- Double bedroom (can be made up as twin) with shower room en suite opening to terrace
- Double/Twin (king size bed) with bathrooom en suite and separate WC, opening to terrace
- Master Suite (king size bed ) with bathroom en suite with double basins, bath and shower and walk-in wardrobe, opening to terrace with hot tub and steps down to garden.
- Self-contained garden suite (with king size bed) bathroom en suite with bath and shower and exterior private hot tub on terrace
- Staff bedroom
- Satellite TV throughout
- DVD player in all bedrooms
- iPod docks
GAMES & SPORTS
- Boules court
- Running machine
- Cross trainer
- Board games
- Air conditioning throughout
- Fridge with ice machine
- Coffee machine
- Steamer oven
Service & Staffing
- Complimentary champagne on arrival
- Cook serving breakfast 7 days per week and lunch or dinner 6 days per week (cost of food not included)
- Daily light housekeeping
- Concierge on site 8-11am daily
- Flowers and daily newspapers
- Linen change: Once a week on arrival day, (extra changes available on request for an additional charge)
- Welcome pack
Available on Request
- Pre-arrival grocery shopping
- Massage/beauty therapist
The House Manager will welcome you and be available during your stay. Contact details will be sent with your travel documents.
Arrival from 16:00. Departure by 10:00.
For arrivals after 19:00 please notify CV Villas as a charge may apply.
Please refer to the Health & Safety pages on this website.
77ft sailing yacht available on request basis (extra cost payable locally and it can be hired on a weekly basis).
- Restaurant 10 minutes walk on Palombaggia beach
- Supermarket 5 minutes drive to Porto Vecchio
- Nearest shop 3 minutes drive (food shop)
Places of interest
- Belvedere approximately 15 minutes walk
- Nature reserves of Lavezzi islands and Cerbicales islands are accessible by boat rental from Palombaggia beach, 10 minutes walk.
- Porto Vecchio 14.3km
- Bonifacio 45km
At just eighty three kilometres wide and 183 long, the island of Corsica contains a startling variety of unspoiled landscapes—from Porto’s UNESCO-protected bays and Corte’s rugged mountains, to rolling vineyards, gingerbread beaches, and sun-parched maquis (scrublands), interspersed by rippling brooks and chestnut forests. There is history too: Napoleon Bonaparte was born in Ajaccio, and Lord Nelson lost his eye in Calvi. And Italy is never far away on a Corsica holiday: be it at Bonifacio, in the south, which sits closer to Sardinia than France, or in the island’s Mediterranean culinary specialities.
Find out more about Corsica.
CV Villas is happy to book flights for our customers on scheduled, chartered or low cost airlines from London and regional UK airports. Please ask for details.
Car hire can be pre-booked through CV Villas with collection at the airport or port of arrival, and in some cases the hire car can be delivered to the villa for an additional charge. Please ask for details.