St James, Barbados, Caribbean
- Unique beachfront property
- Decorated by Oliver Messel
- Fully staffed including chef, butler and boat master
About the villa
Only an exclusive few are privileged to experience the pleasure afforded by a stay at Crystal Springs, one of Barbados' most spectacular beachfront villas. Located on 1.7 acres on the West Coast, Crystal Springs was built in the 1940s and redesigned by Oliver Messel in the 1960s, and the characteristically theatrical ambiance has been faithfully maintained.
In the Main House, guests can relax in the living room and enjoy the view, or dine on the terrace which features a frescoed ceiling as well as great ocean views. The master bedroom and 2 other bedroom suites are also located in the Main House. A short walk over the bridge that spans the natural watercourse running through the property will bring you to the Annexe with bar, sitting area and 2 one bedroom suites, and then on to the ocean front, cliff-top dining patio - one of the three great areas for alfresco dining, sipping a rum punch at sundown or simply star gazing at night with candles. From this patio, it's just a few steps up to the pool area, or down the cliff steps to the secluded beach cove. Across the gardens from the Main House, is the Tea House, where the 6th bedroom suite is located. There is also an air-conditioned home theatre, a pool house with 2 bedrooms en suite and the Pavilion, with 2 further bedroom suites and a small gym.
Crystal Springs is an excellent choice for multi-generational families or groups of friends looking for a highly luxurious, exceptionally well maintained and spacious holiday home, with a high level of personal service. Recently renovated it provides in true Messel style, plenty of outdoor living space, which opens out from the various living and sleeping areas. Guests are well looked after by a full team of no less than 14 dedicated staff, allowing you to enjoy gourmet dining, five star concierge service and personalised yet unobtrusive pampering. Dining is a particular highlight at Crystal Springs with menus prepared to guests' specifications, stocked butler's pantry, homemade treats and sweets, freshly baked breads and pastries, fresh-squeezed tropical juices, seaside barbecues in the cove, picnic baskets for beach days and boat trips. Special snacks and guest favourites are prepared on request.
Guests also enjoy the use of an 18 ft speed boat equipped for water skiing and other watersports (not including the cost of fuel) and other water toys.
MAIN HOUSE - GROUND FLOOR
- Entrance hall
- Sitting room opening onto terrace
- Fully equipped professional kitchen opening to terraces
- Dining portico (seats up to 20)
- Guava - Double bedroom (king size bed, can be made up as twin) with shower room en suite
- Butler's pantry with Nespresso Machine, kettles, coffee makers for guest use
MAIN HOUSE - First FLOOR
- Master double bedroom (king size four poster bed) with shower room en suite, with double shower and double vanities, dressing room and kitchenette
- Sea Fan - double bedroom (king size bed, can be made up as twin) with shower room en suite
- Open air sitting area and bar and dining patio (seats up to 20)
- Hummingbird & Green Monkey - 2 Double bedrooms (king size beds, can be made up as twins) each with shower room en suite
- Sunset North - Double bedroom (four poster king size bed, can be made up as double) with shower room en suite and dressing room
- Sunset South - Double bedroom (four poster king size bed, can be made up as double) with shower room en suite and dressing room
TEA HOUSE (SET IN GROUNDS)
PAVILION (SET IN GROUNDS)
- Pavilion North and South - 2 Double bedrooms (king size beds, can be made up as twins) with shower room en suite, each accessed externally
- Cable TVs
- Apple TV
- DVD Player
- DVD library
- Sonos sound system
- CD player
- iPod dock
GAMES & SPORTS
- Stand-up paddle boards
- Fitness centre
- a TechnoGym © equipment fitted for iPad use
- Yoga mats
- Air conditioning
- Ceiling fans
- Fully equipped for use by the dedicated chef and staff
- Wine cooler
PRIVATE INFINITY POOL
- Washing machine
- Iron & ironing board
The great advantage of a Caribbean villa holiday is that holidays can commence on any day and duration is also flexible. The minimum stay is 7 nights for Crystal Springs, so the villa can be booked for 8, 9, 10, 11 nights etc. The villa is not usually available for Christmas and New Year. Please enquire for a full tailor-made quotation.
Guests enjoy the use of an 18ft speed boat equipped for waterskiing (not including the cost of fuel) and other water toys. A 30ft Boston Whaler suitable for cruising and deep sea fishing is also available at an additional cost.
For occupancies up to 14, Bedrooms 1 - 7 will be available. The Tea House will be closed. For occupancies up to 16, The Tea House will be available.
Please note that pool heating will usually bring the water temperature up to approximately 10 degrees higher than the night time temperature. As such in early or late season if the nights time temperatures are low, guests may still find the pool feels cold despite heating.
Staff hours are 8:30am-1:30pm & 5:30pm-8:30pm 6 days per week.
Security deposit of USD 10,000 will be debited from a credit card on arrival to cover incidentals and any damage.
Please refer to the Health & Safety pages on this website.
CV Villas is happy to book flights for our customers on scheduled, chartered or low cost airlines from London and regional UK airports. Please ask for details.
Car hire can be pre-booked through CV Villas with collection at the airport or port of arrival, and in some cases the hire car can be delivered to the villa for an additional charge. Please ask for details.
CV Villas offers a wide variety of additional services, to make your villa holiday even more special. You should be able to find all the information you need here, otherwise you can check out our frequently asked questions page or simply send us an enquiry.
Service & Staffing
- Linen change 2 day(s) per week
- Chef service 3 meals per day 6 day(s) per week*
- Night security*
- Use of speedboat with boat master
- Shared Economy Levy and Service Fees
* Cost of food is not included, shopping is available for an additional fee.
* 6:00pm - 6:00am.
- Golf 2.5km Royal Westmorland
- Tennis 3.5km Battaleys Mews
- Spa 5 minutes' drive
- Shops and restaurants 3km Holetown
- Speightstown 4.5km
Places of Interest
- Folkestone Marine Park 5 minutes' drive
- Harrison's Cave 10 minutes' drive
- Bridgetown 20 minutes' drive
- St Nicholas Abbey 20 minutes' drive
- xBarbados Wildlife Reserve 20 minute's drive
- On site secluded cove beach with protected swimming area
- Mullins Beach 5 minutes' drive
- Grantley Adams International Airport 30km
St. James parish runs along the central stretch of the island’s west—the Platinum Coast. Its white-sand beaches are backed by luxury hotels and villas including Sandy Lane, long patronized by royals and film stars. The seaside settlement of Holetown is at the centre of the parish: its bars, restaurants, and craft shops have a laid-back, local vibe. The Holetown Festival each February, one to catch on a St. James holiday, celebrates its status as the first British settlement on Barbados, with live music and a street fair.