Western Crete, Crete, Greece
- Walk to shops and restaurants
- Contemporary design
- Fabulous views
About the villa
A contemporary version of the classic Greek villa, this three storey house is tiered into the hillside overlooking the village of Gavalochori, a ten minute walk away. With terraces at every level enjoying peaceful panoramas, over timeless olive groves to the blue of the bay beyond, Villa Levanda utilises traditional island architecture, then adapts it for 21st century living. So there are feature walls in exposed stone and huge arched windows framing fabulous views, but now they blend beautifully with very chic décor, in crisp white, soft taupe and shades of silvery grey.
Each of the three bedrooms has an en suite shower room; and on the entrance level, at the top of the house, a high raftered ceiling tops an airy social space, encompassing a sleek white kitchen, dining and sitting areas, and opening on to a dining terrace beside the swimming pool. The villa is equipped with WiFi, satellite TV, and an underfloor heating/cooling system, and offers cook service to add to its idyllically leisurely feel. With a bakery and low key tavernas in the village, the beaches of Kalyves and Almyrida are just a 4-6km drive away.
- Open plan sitting room with dining and kitchen opening to two terraces and a balcony
- Utility room
- Master double bedroom with bathroom en suite and separate shower opening to terrace
- Walk-in wardrobe
- Double bedroom with shower room en suite and sitting room/playroom with mini fridge and sink
- Twin bedroom with shower room en suite
- Portable barbecue
- Satellite TV (limited English speaking channels)
- DVD Player
- CD player
- Air conditioning
- Under floor heating and cooling
- Nespresso machine
- Wine fridge
- 10m x 6m
- 0.6m x 2.1m deep
- Built-in steps
- Ladder Access
- Pool towels
- Saline treatment
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
Arrival from 16:00. Departure by 10:00.
EOT Tourist Licence number: 1042K123K2951301
- 2 tavernas, bakery, 2 food shops in Gavalochori 10 minutes walk
- Almyrida beach (4.5km): Two sandy beaches separated by a rocky peninsula. The larger has good facilities (sun beds, sea sport activities, fish restaurants, cafes) and shallow waters. Ideal for families
- Kalives beach (8km): sandy beach with facilities
- Kiani Akti or Blue Beach (1km after Kalives): Long quiet beach with facilities
- Kera (7km): Sandy beach between Kalives and Almirida with no facilities, ideal for those who prefer less crowded sites
- Koutalas (9km): Secluded and unspoilt beach, close to the edge of Cape Drepano with interesting cave formations, no facilities
- Ombrogialos (9.5km): Small rocky bay with green and blue deep waters ideal for snorkelling and windsurfing
- Chania 35km
- Heraklion 150km
When it comes to sheer character and beauty, there are many who consider Crete to be a true Grecian gem. It’s the country’s largest island with contrasting landscapes, a distinct culture and an atmosphere immersed in charm. It also offers a treasure trove of riches from villages steeped in tradition, the landmark White Mountains, secluded coves and architecture from the pages of history through to delightful coastal areas and lively resorts. It is this western part some say is the most enticing; it’s where you’ll find enchanting towns, a good range of beaches and pockets of local life untouched by the passage of time
Find out more about Western Crete.
CV Villas is happy to book flights for our customers on scheduled, chartered or low cost airlines from London and regional UK airports. Please ask for details.
Car hire can be pre-booked through CV Villas with collection at the airport or port of arrival, and in some cases the hire car can be delivered to the villa for an additional charge. Please ask for details.