Kalkan, Kas and Islamlar, Turkey
- Walk to restaurants
- Access to sea via sunbathing platform
- Flexible changeover day
About the villa
A contemporary house, but not without character, this family villa is set on seafront slopes near the lovely, laid-back town of Kas. On the ground floor, an open-plan room is stylishly furnished in soft earthy tones, with a beamed ceiling and exposed stone wall framing the kitchen, sitting and dining areas, with doors to a covered veranda for al fresco barbecue lunches. An en suite bedroom shares this floor, opening on to a lawned area by the pool; and there are three bedrooms on the upper level, one with a romantic (enclosed) Ottoman balcony, the master suite complete with en suite wet room and bath, and all with air conditioning and access to an open balcony with sea or garden views. Outside, a paved terrace surrounds the infinity pool, and a pathway leads down to a private sunbathing platform on the rocks, fitted with ladder steps into the sea. Set among similar residences on the Cukurbag peninsula, Portakal is 300m from a bathing platform, 500m from a pebble beach, and 4km from shops, cafés, restaurants, and the little harbour in Kas. There are sandy coves about 3km from the villa, and excellent dive sites just offshore.
- Open plan sitting room and kitchen
- Double bedroom with shower room en suite
- Master double with dressing room, balcony, sea views and bathroom ensuite
- Shower room
- Double bedroom
- Twin bedroom
- Flat screen TV (38")
- Digiturk TV system (BBC news and BBC entertainment as well as a few other English speaking channels)
- iPod Docking station
- DVD Player
- CD player
- Air conditioning (All rooms and living area)
- Water dispenser
- Wood burning stove
- Private sunbathing platform
- Washing Machine
- Underfloor Heating Included
Arrival from 16:00, departure by 11:00.
An English speaking CV representative in Turkey will visit you and will be available by phone during your stay. Contact details will be sent with your travel documents.
Please refer to the Health & Safety pages on this website.
- Sunbathing platform 200m walk then 82 steps
- Local market on Friday
- A couple of hotels with bars and restaurants within walking distance from the villa 5 min walk
- Bus stop (to get to Kas) 2 min walk every hour (1/2 hour in July and August)
- Kas centre with banks, shops, supermarkets, restaurants, boat trips, lycian theatre and ruins 4km away
Places of Interest
- Kekova (Sunken city, lovely day out) 35km
- Kalkan 30km
- Antalya 190km
- Market day in Kalkan on Thursdays and in Kas on a Friday
- Pebbly beach 500m and a wider variety of sandy beaches 3km
- Dalaman 140km
- Antalya 208km
Kas, Kalkan and Islamlar sit at the foot of the Taurus Mountains; a hub for happy holidays where luxurious properties scatter down the hillsides amid rooftop terraces for wining and dining, and pretty harbour lights. The sizzling summertime sees temperatures up to 40 degrees - luckily all our Turkish villas have private pools, while villas with infinity pools blur the lines between the calm pool water, the beautiful bays and skyline. Islamlar is a former Greek mountain settlement, eight kilometres north of Kalkan and a few degrees cooler, providing a breath of fresh air during hot summer months. An Islamlar villa is a great base to explore the area, from ancient tombs dotting the coastline to the rugged Lycian Way trek. Over in Kas, pretty whitewashed stone cottages lie on twisty cobbled streets, yet the real draw to this laidback little hideaway is offshore, as it is one of the best spots for scuba diving in Turkey. Meanwhile, the chic little town of Kalkan has a bustling harbour, an array of wonderful rooftop restaurants, and is within easy reach of the sandy beach and ancient ruins of Patara. Our Kalkan villas will make you feel as though you’re on top of the world.
Find out more about Kalkan, Kas and Islamar.
CV Villas is happy to book flights for our customers on scheduled, chartered or low cost airlines from London and regional UK airports. Please ask for details.
Car hire can be pre-booked through CV Villas with collection at the airport.