Dar des Roses Blanches, near Marrakech
- Large heatable pool
- Exquisitely furnished
- Cook service included
About the villa
Within easy reach of the vibrant souks of Marrakech as well as the breath taking scenery of the Atlas Mountains, this magnificent and important property is set in ten acres of beautiful gardens. The entrance leads into an impressive courtyard in traditional style with fountain lined with black and white zelige tiles and loggia vaulted with handmade brick. The impressive ground floor reception and dining rooms are furnished with drawings, rugs, an ecletic mix of rosewood colonial furniture, African furnishings, local treasures and piles of books. One of the huge individually furnished double bedroom suites opens to a private terrace and a rill of water leading to a pavilion with fretwork screen. A cosy TV room has vintage Egyptian film posters on the wall and deep sofas. Upstairs the magnificent master suite with private terrace has far reaching views to the Atlas Mountains. A second spacious suite on the first floor has a 4 poster bed. All bathrooms have walls of subtly gleaming hand-polished tadelakt plaster. The centrally furnished upper terrace is a perfect spot for sundowners looking out to the changing evening light on the Atlas Mountains.
Outside dinners can be enjoyed al fresco on the terrace and lunches by the pool. The owners have worked with a landscape gardener to establish cypress and olive alleés that lead the eye to the mountain range behind them and the gardens have been embellished with more intimate garden rooms, with English and local roses and potted palms.
To ensure that your stay is as relaxing and memorable, the villa staff prepare all meals. This magnificent, unique property is a perfect choice for those looking for a special, truly relaxing holiday and allows guests to combine a sophisticated city break with exploring the great outdoors.
Your house is beautiful in its design and its setting but there is nothing to compare to the soul that emanates as you hear the chatter of the ladies in the kitchen. Your team has worked very hard and successfully to make our stay unforgettable. Each meal delicious, served elegantly yet without excessive formality. Lots of vegetables and spices. The house working invisibly and seamlessly no matter time of day. Each evening fires set in principal rooms. Each morning a delicious breakfast of fruits eggs, Moroccan pancakes or roundels of muffins. I cannot praise the team highly enough.
- Entrance Hall
- Internal courtyard with fountain.
- Dining Hall
- Drawing room opening to terrace
- Library opening to terrace
- Smaller sitting room with TV
- Further dining area opening to terrace
- Double (Super king) bedroom with day bed and also access to further compact twin bedroom (separated by a curtain), dressing area with bathroom en suite with separate shower
- Double (Super king) bedroom with day bed and bathroom en suite opening to private terrace
- Double (Super King) bedroom
- Shower room (entrance from double bedroom or single bedroom)
- Single bedroom
- Twin bedroom with shower room en suite
- Double (Super King) bedroom suite with 4 poster bed with alcove with 2 single beds and private balcony
- Bathroom with separate shower
- Double (King) bedroom with shower room en suite opening to terrace
- Sitting room with TV opening to terrace
- 2 Twin double/bedrooms, each with shower room en suite opening to gardens
- 2 Smart TVs
- Satellite TV
- CD Player
- iPod dock
- Selection of books
GAMES & SPORTS
- Table tennis
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms except for the double with shower room near the upper terrace
- Concierge service
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Iron & ironing board
Guests are looked after by the staff, and the villa is not suitable for self-catering. Special dietary requirements, food allergies, dislikes can be accommodated. The kitchen is for staff use only but guests can store drinks, snacks and baby foods in the refrigerator. Please advise on booking. Please see notes on cook service below.
Pricing is available for up to 10, up to 14 and up to 20 guests. All bedrooms in the Main House will be available but the Pavilion will be closed. For up to 20, all bedrooms in the Main House and Pavilion will be available.
The non-resident Villa Manager manages a team of eleven staff including the cook and assistant, housekeeping staff, waiting staff/housemen, gardeners and a gatekeeper.
Please note that there are donkeys which are kept in the grounds of the property not overlooking the terraces or pool. There are also four dogs that can be kept in their own area if required. There is also a cat. The animals are looked after by the villa staff.
Morocco is an enjoyable destination all-year round with lovely temperatures in the winter months. Our customers also enjoy our villas in Morocco in the summer months due to the dry continental climate. There is low humidity, temperatures drop at night and it is very pleasant in the shade.
The Villa Manager will welcome you on arrival, can advise on restaurant and shopping recommendations and will be available by telephone during your stay.
Commence 16:00, depart 11:00.
Please refer to the Health & Safety pages on this website.
A car with English speaking driver is available but needs to be pre-booked and costs are paid locally.
Service & Staffing
- Non-resident Villa Manager
- Maid service 7 days(s) per week
- Cook service 3 meals per day 7 day(s) per week
- Air conditioning
AVAILABLE ON REQUEST AT AN ADDITIONAL COST
- Pre- arrival grocery shopping
- All food and beverages
- Wine delivery
- Private taxi transfers from Marrakech Airport*
- Private taxi transfers to Marrakech Medina and Gueliz*
- Excursions with car and driver*
*Cook service - Guests are looked after by the staff, and the villa is not suitable for self-catering. Special dietary requirements, food allergies, dislikes can be accommodated. The kitchen is for staff use only but guests can store drinks, snacks and baby foods in the refrigerator.
The non-resident Villa Manager manages a team of eleven staff including the cook and assistant, housekeeping staff, waiting staff/housemen, gardeners and a gatekeeper. He will assist with menu and excursion planning.
Available on request at an additional cost
* Transfers to Marrakech- Marrakech is approximately 30 minutes away (28km) with the souk and historic palaces, the Yves Saint Laurent museum, gardens, boutiques, renowned restaurants and Beldi Country Club to enjoy. The ‘new town’ of Gueliz is also recommended for shopping. Prices for private taxi with English speaking driver for up to 7 people: approximately 700 MAD for half day to Marrackech Medina or Gueliz and MAD 800 for full day or at night.
* Excursions with car and driver- The magnificent scenery and traditional villages of the Atlas Mountains are well worth a visit. Prices for private taxi excursions with English speaking driver for up to 7 people: Kasbah Bab Ourika MAD 600, half day trip to Lake Lalla Takerkoust or Kasbah Tamadot MAD 1000, day trip discovering the Ourika Valley or to Imlil MAD 1200 MAD. Additional excursions: Ouarzazate full day trip MAD 1800
- Essaouira 200km
- Marrakech 22km
With our stunning selection of spacious luxury villas, many within easy reach of Marrakech, you can explore this vibrant country as much or as little as you please.
Famous for its stunning city lights, colourful tanneries, sunsets and mint tea, this North African country is one of only three nations which boast both Mediterranean and Atlantic coastlines. This makes Morocco an ideal location for a wide range of getaways, from beach lounging on the Atlantic coast to mountain hiking in the Atlas Mountains.
Graced with intricate Islamic architecture, desert scenery, and an intriguing soundscape, from the buzz of mopeds to the keening Muslim call to prayer, our perfectly located villas in Morocco provide visitors with the base for a richly textured experience.
Find out more about Morocco.