Tenuta del Chianti Classico
Chianti and South of Siena, Tuscany, Italy
- Countryside views
- Infinity pool
- Large lawned gardens
About the villa
Blissfully bucolic, built of mellowed stone, and standing proud in expansive grounds set beside sun-drenched vineyards, this rambling villa is, as we hear in the name, a classic Chianti country house. A glorious venue for a gathering of friends and family, the villa is encircled by sloping lawns, splashed with shade from huge old pines, studded with graceful cypress spires, and focused on an infinity pool, a full 20m long. Al fresco living is further enhanced by a sunny patio with serene rural views, a rustic dining terrace with raffia seated chairs, and a built-in barbecue for sizzling lunches. And relaxation is assured by obliging staff, including maid, cook and caretaker services. The spacious house has a characterful breakfast kitchen; lime-washed beams in a large, light and charmingly simple dining room; a reading room in sunny colours with double doors to either side; and a first floor living room with TV, card table and huge white sofas; while its seven elegantly understated suites feature free-standing baths and canopied beds. The tranquil Tenuta del Chianti Classico is just 4km from restaurants in Pianella village, and 10km from the sights of Siena.
- Entrance hall
- Dining room
- Master double bedroom with bathroom en suite
- 2 Double bedrooms with bathroom en suite
- Reading room overlooking patio area
- Living room
- Double bedroom with bathroom en suite
- 2 Twin bedrooms with shower room en suite accessed separately through the ground floor reading room
- Double bedroom with shower room en suite
- Built-in barbecue
- DVD Player
- American fridge/freezer
PRIVATE INFINITY POOL
- 18m x 4m
- 1.30m x 2m deep
- Built-in steps
- Outdoor shower
- Washing machine
- Hairdryers for all bedrooms
- Iron & ironing board
- Central heating included
Please note this villa has a restriction of a maximum of 4 children, aged 12 or less, in total.
Please note there will be a charge of €50 if checked in on Sundays, public holidays or after 8:00 pm. Check ins are not permitted after 10pm.
Please note a family a live on-site.
The staff of the villas is comprised of three persons; a cook a maid and a caretaker( swimming-pool, garden, driver for grocery shopping). Working days are from Monday to Saturday from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm and from 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm. Thursday afternoon and Sundays the staff are off duty, but may be available on request and extra cost will be €25 each hour for each person.
An English speaking CV representative in Italy will visit you and will be available by phone during your stay. Contact details will be sent with your travel documents.
Arrival from 16:00. Departure by 10:00.
Please refer to the Health & Safety pages on this website.
CV Villas is delighted to offer our own allocation of scheduled seats on British Airways from London Heathrow to Pisa. Please see the Flights page or contact us for more details.
Car hire can be pre-booked through CV Villas with collection at the airport.
CV Villas offers a wide variety of additional services, to make your villa holiday even more special. You should be able to find all the information you need here, otherwise you can check out our frequently asked questions page or simply send us an enquiry.
Service & Staffing
- Welcome pack
- Maid service 10 hours per day 5 day(s) per week
- Cook service*
AVAILABLE ON REQUEST AT AN ADDITIONAL COST
- Extra change of bed linen and towels are charged at €20 per room for linen and €20 per room for bathroom towels
* Continental style breakfast preparation (5 days a week) is included, but grocery and ingredient purchase costs are payable separately. The services of a cook (for 5 days a week) for the preparation of dinners are included in the rental cost. There is an additional charge of €35 per hour for lunch preparation. You should order your preferred menu at least 24 hours in advance. Dinners will be served between 7.00 pm and 9.00 pm.Guests must provide an advance payment of €500 in cash on arrival on account of purchase costs. Grocery purchase costs are not included in the rental price and will be paid from this advance payment upon presentation of shopping receipts plus €100 for this extra service cost for grocery. All charges are net of VAT where chargeable and must be paid in cash at the latest by the end of each 7 day period.
- Restaurant and small grocery shop in village of Pianella 4km
- Large supermarket in Siena 10km
- Sandy beach 2 hours away at Grosetto
- Florence 91km
- Pisa 136km
- Siena 10km
The hills south of Florence, known as the Chianti, look like most people’s idea of ‘classic Tuscany’. Fortress towns such as Castellina and Radda look out over mile after mile of rolling, vine-clad fields, spotted with Tuscany villas. The region’s major annual festival, September’s Rassegna del Chianti Classico in Greve, celebrates the grape harvest, and signs inviting anyone on a Chianti holiday to a roadside enoteca (wine tasting canteen or shop) are a common sight. The Gothic city of Siena, south of Chianti, is the biggest hill-town of all, with a stash of Medieval art and architecture unmatched in Italy.
But Tuscany still has surprises to offer, and unknown even to many Italians. Maremma, only a two-hour drive southwest of the city of Florence is an extensive and largely undeveloped territory in stark contrast to the compact, ordered Chianti hillsides around Florence and Siena that have, until now, been the major draw for visiting wine lovers.The Maremma has great restaurants, and a treasure trove of new wineries.
Find out more about Chianti and South of Siena