From £1,611 per week
Masseria del Mare
Puglia & Basilicata, Italy
- Elegant interiors
- Within easy access of sandy beaches
- Special celebration venue
About the villa
With its west facing front terrace enjoying the golden tones of the sun setting, and fabulously furnished for outdoor living, this elegant stone-built house, set privately adjacent to an oak wood, blends traditional materials with very individual décor and stylish colourful touches. The airy and elegant star vaulted living room and dining area catch cooling breezes, and the dining area opens to the terrace and portico at the front and rear of the villa. On the front terrace, there is ample seating in sun and shaded spots complemented by an al fresco dining areas. The rear furnished portico looks out to the oak woodland. All five bedrooms are decorated with flair in elegant Italian style with colourful fabrics, but each are also of a consistent size and standard with ample wardrobe space, air conditioning and en suite shower room. Two bedrooms are on the first floor of the main house, one with a broad private terrace overlooking the pool, oak wood and countryside. The other two are at ground floor level, accessed from the rear portico.
In the gardens there is also a cottage for additional guests, about 30m from the villa. From the front terrace and garden, a stone archway leads through to the pool area with fabulous large pool with ample sunbeds, umbrellas, new built in seating, bar area and hammocks placed amongst the oak trees. Very privately positioned, this elegant property is just 1 km from amenities in the local village of Patu. The seaside towns of Torre Vado and Santa Maria di Leuca, with magnificent sandy beaches with clear, gently sloping beaches with crystalline waters and lively beach clubs with bars and restaurants are a very short drive away. Further inexpensive restaurants are in and around picturesque local villages. Day trips and yacht and boat trips can also be organised to explore the beautiful coastline and sea grottoes. We are sure that CV guests will enjoy the convenient location, comfort and privacy of the property and excellent service provided by the long - serving villa staff. The staff can also organise a small special celebration at the villa with external catering aand other special celebration meals at local historic castles and palaces.
- Entrance into dining hall also opening to terrace and gardens at the rear of the villa
- Sitting room opening to terrace at the front and rear of the villa
- Kitchen opening to terrace and service utility area
- From terrace at the rear of the villa access to 2 bedrooms connected internally via a hallway:-
- Double (king size) bedroom with shower room en suite.
- Double (king size) bedroom with a double (king size) bedroom (can be twin), with shower room en suite.
- Master double bedroom (can be twin) with shower room en suite
- Double bedroom (king size bed) with shower room en suite opening to terrace
- Entrance into sitting room with sofa bed, compact kitchen area and dining table.
- Double bedroom (king size bed) with shower room en suite
- Built-in barbecue
- Bar area
- Sky TV package
- Satellite TV (limited English speaking channels)
- DVD Player
- Bluetooth speaker
- Selection of books
GAMES & SPORTS
- Table tennis
- Pool inflatables
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms
- Ceiling fans in all bedrooms
- Coffee machine
- Nespresso machine
- 10m x 10m
- 1.2m x 1.4m deep
- Built-in steps
- Outdoor shower
- Pool house with WC and shower room
- Pool towels
- Washing machine
- Hairdryers for all bathrooms
- Iron & ironing board
- Central heating included
Service & Staffing
Available on request at an additional cost
- Cook service Euro 20 per person (plus the cost of the food and beverages)
- In villa wellness or beauty treatments can be arranged at the villa
- Personal laundry service or dry cleaning
- Freshly cut flowers
Please note that between 17th - 24th July and 28th August - 4th September only, the Cottage on request. The Cottage has a separate entrance near the parking area and does not overlook the pool or terraces.
Fewer of You?
Prices for up to 8 for the Main House only are available all season. Prices for up to 6 are available up to 09 July and from 21 August. For parties of 6 three bedrooms will be available. For parties of 7-8, the two bedrooms on the ground floor at the rear will be available and the Cottage closed. For parties of 9 - 10 people all rooms including the Cottage will be available.
The property manager can assist with organising a small special celebration at the villa with external catering and can also assist with arranging special celebration meals at local historic castles and palaces. Further details on request.
An English speaking CV Representative in Italy will visit during your stay. Contact details will be sent with your travel documents.
Arrival from 16:00. Departure by 10:00.
- Shops and restaurants in Patu 1km
- Shops and restaurants in Castrignano 1km
- Shops and restaurants in Santa Maria di Leuca 3km
- Shops and restaurants in Gagliano a Capo 3km
Places of Interest
- Gallipoli 30km
- Otranto 30km
- Lecce 70km
- Brindisi 115km
- Gagliano del Capo 5km
If a building can be a symbol for a whole region, then the trullo stands for Puglia—also known as ‘Apulia’ in English. Think of a Puglia villa holiday and those round, whitewashed limestone buildings with their comical, conical roofs always spring to mind. But there’s more to the region that is the narrow heel of Italy’s boot than trullo country around Alberobello. Discover baroque beauty in Lecce, Emperor Frederick II’s mysterious architecture at the Castel del Monte, and total relaxation on a Puglia villa stay in a rural Masseria.
Find out more about Puglia
Please note that there is a European tourist tax payable on arrival to the House Manager. This only applies to guests over 12 years and the amount varies from €1 .50 to €5 per person and is set by the local council. Further details will be advised prior to arrival
Having a barbecue in Italy is one of the best ways to cook your food but you may find that due to long drought periods in high season barbecuing may be restricted in some areas. You will be informed if this happens by your house staff or local representative.
CV Villas is happy to book flights for our customers on scheduled, chartered or low cost airlines from London and regional UK airports. Please ask for details.
Car hire can be pre-booked through CV Villas with collection at the airport.