Sugar Hill Estate, St James, Barbados, Caribbean
- Cook service included
- Elegant, spacious interiors
- Access to Fairmont Royal Pavilion beach facility and tennis, restaurant
About the villa
This villa is located at Sugar Hill Estate Resort, find out more about the resort here.
Elegantly styled with great attention to detail, Calliaqua’s white coral walls are complemented by Italian marble floors, beautiful tropical carvings enrich the solid wood furniture, and archways, guarded by big bamboos, frame glorious views of the ocean and lead to a lavish veranda and balcony, each stretching the length of the house and beautifully furnished for outdoor living. These overlook the villa’s pretty gardens, where the focal point is a mosaic tiled, one thousand square foot lagoon-style pool.
A poolside gazebo is the ideal spot for drinks to toast a Bajan sunset, and after dark, lanterns and chandeliers add a touch of magic. With cook service included, the villa is excellent for a family or group of friends. There are four bedrooms in the main house and privacy for the fifth in a delightful guest cottage. All guests enjoy complimentary membership of Sugar Hill Club, for fine recreational facilities on the doorstep, and the beach and Holetown’s amenities are about a five minute drive away.
- Open plan living/dining area and terrace
- Double (super king size) bedroom opening to terrace with shower room en suite
- Master double bedroom with bathroom en suite with separate shower, opening to shared terrace
- Double (super king size) bedroom with bathroom en suite opening to shared terrace
- Twin bedroom (can be made up as double) with shower room en suite opening to terrace
- Double bedroom (super king size) with shower room en suite and kitchenette (fridge and kettle) opening to patio
- Cable TV
- DVD Player
- CD player
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms
- Ceiling fans
- Large lagoon style pool
- 1m x 2m deep
- Built-in steps
- Pool towels
- Washing machine
- Iron & ironing board
The great advantage of a Caribbean villa holiday is that holidays can commence on any day and duration is also flexible. The minimum stay is 5 nights, so villas can be booked for 8, 9, 10, 11 nights etc. Special conditions apply for Christmas and New Year. Please enquire for a full tailor-made quotation.
50% Deposit required for any bookings travelling between (or including) the 20th December and the 10th January. 30% at any other times. Please note there is a minimum stay of 14 nights over the Christmas period. Christmas rates available on request only, special booking conditions apply.
Security deposit of USD 1000 will be held against a credit card on arrival to cover incidentals and any damage.
For parties of up to 6 only 3 bedrooms will be available in the Main House. For parties of up to 8, only 4 bedrooms will be available in the Main House. Applicable for travel all season except for the Christmas and New Year period from 20 December - 10 January.
Staff hours are 8:30am-1:30pm & 5:30pm-8:30pm 6 days per week.
A stay at Calliaqua automatically provides membership at the nearby Fairmont Royal Pavilion Beach Club, offering access to water sports, beach restaurants, as well as loungers, umbrellas and beach bar service. Use of the exclusive Fairmont Beach Club paired with Calliaqua’s lush and cooling hilltop location makes for an unbeatable Barbados combination.
Guests at Calliaqua have full use of all the facilities at Sugar Hill including tennis, gym and Club House with restaurant. Complimentary Beach Club membership at Fairmont Royal Pavilion is included.
CV Villas is happy to book flights for our customers on scheduled, chartered or low cost airlines from London and regional UK airports. Please ask for details.
Car hire can be pre-booked through CV Villas with collection at the airport or port of arrival, and in some cases the hire car can be delivered to the villa for an additional charge. Please ask for details.
CV Villas offers a wide variety of additional services, to make your villa holiday even more special. You should be able to find all the information you need here, otherwise you can check out our frequently asked questions page or simply send us an enquiry.
Service & Staffing
- Linen change 2 day(s) per week
- Cook service 3 meals per day 6 day(s) per week*
- Shared Economy Levy and Service Fees
* Cost of food is not included, shopping is available for an additional fee.
- Club House on site, 1 minutes' drive
- Gym on site, 1 minutes' drive
- Tennis on site, 1 minutes' drive
- Golf 5 minutes' drive
- Spa 5 minutes' drive
- Shops and restaurants 5 minute's drive Holetown
Places of Interest
- Folkestone Marine Park 10 minutes' drive
- Harrison's Cave 10 minutes' drive
- Bridgetown 20 minutes' drive
- Barbados Wildlife Reserve 30 minutes' drive
- St Nicholas Abbey 30 minutes' drive
- Royal Fairmont Pavilion 5 minutes' drive
- Mullins Beach 10 minutes' drive
- Grantley Adams International Airport 45 minutes' drive
Set on a ridge overlooking the stunning west coast of Barbados, Sugar Hill is a prestigious private estate with excellent facilities and is within easy reach of Barbados’ beautiful beaches.
The club house is the hub of the Sugar Hill Estate Resort, where you can relax on the covered terrace and admire the sea views, or take a dip in the communal pool. If you like to keep fit on holiday then there is a state of the art fitness centre with a well-equipped gym as well as a tennis club with four floodlit tennis courts. If you prefer to stay active in the water, then there is a stunning communal infinity pool where regular fitness classes are held. There is also an excellent poolside restaurant with views out to the ocean.
Sugar Hill Estate is within easy reach of world-class golf clubs, polo and cricket grounds, as well as some of Barbados’ most beautiful beaches along the west coast. Sophisticated beach clubs can be found at Mullins and Royal Pavillion, while the island has a variety of beaches perfect for activities from snorkelling to surfing. The estate is just 3.2km from Holetown where you’ll find an excellent range of shops, including the exclusive Limegrove Lifestyle Centre, as well as a wide range of restaurants, bars and clubs.