Sugar Hill Estate, St James, Barbados, Caribbean
- Cook service included
- Private lagoon style pool
- Resort facilities
About the villa
Elegantly styled with great attention to detail, Calliaqua’s white coral walls are complemented by Italian marble floors, beautiful tropical carvings enrich the solid wood furniture, and archways, guarded by big bamboos, frame glorious views of the ocean and lead to a lavish veranda and balcony, each stretching the length of the house and beautifully furnished for outdoor living. These overlook the villa’s pretty gardens, where the focal point is a mosaic tiled, one thousand square foot lagoon-style pool.
A poolside gazebo is the ideal spot for drinks to toast a Bajan sunset, and after dark, lanterns and chandeliers add a touch of magic. With cook service included, the villa is excellent for a family or group of friends. There are four bedrooms in the main house and privacy for the fifth in a delightful guest cottage. All guests enjoy complimentary membership of Sugar Hill Club, for fine recreational facilities on the doorstep, and the beach and Holetown’s amenities are about a five minute drive away.
- Open plan living/dining area and terrace
- Double bedroom with bathroom en suite
- Master double bedroom with bathroom en suite and dressing room
- Double bedroom with bathroom en suite
- Twin bedroom (can be made up as double) with bathroom en suite
- Double bedroom with bathroom en suite and kitchenette opening to patio
- Cable TV
- DVD Player
- CD player
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms
- Ceiling fans
- Large lagoon style pool
- 1m x 2m deep
- Built-in steps
- Pool towels
- Washing machine
- Iron & ironing board
50% Deposit required for any bookings travelling between (or including) the 20th December and the 10th January. 30% at any other times. Please note there is a minimum stay of 14 nights over the Christmas period. Christmas rates available on request only, special booking conditions apply.
Staff hours are 8:30am-1:30pm & 5:30pm-8:30pm 6 days per week.
Guests at Calliaqua have full use of all the facilities at Sugar Hill including tennis, gym and Club House with restaurant. Complimentary Beach Club membership at Fairmont Royal Pavilion is included.
CV Villas is happy to book flights for our customers on scheduled, chartered or low cost airlines from London and regional UK airports. Please ask for details.
Car hire can be pre-booked through CV Villas with collection at the airport or port of arrival, and in some cases the hire car can be delivered to the villa for an additional charge. Please ask for details.
CV Villas offers a wide variety of additional services, to make your villa holiday even more special. You should be able to find all the information you need here, otherwise you can check out our frequently asked questions page or simply send us an enquiry.
Service & Staffing
- Linen change 2 day(s) per week
- Cook service 3 meals per day 6 day(s) per week*
* Cost of food is not included, shopping is available for an additional fee.
- Club House on site, 1 minutes' drive
- Gym on site, 1 minutes' drive
- Tennis on site, 1 minutes' drive
- Golf 5 minutes' drive
- Spa 5 minutes' drive
- Shops and restaurants 5 minute's drive Holetown
Places of Interest
- Folkestone Marine Park 10 minutes' drive
- Harrison's Cave 10 minutes' drive
- Bridgetown 20 minutes' drive
- Barbados Wildlife Reserve 30 minutes' drive
- St Nicholas Abbey 30 minutes' drive
- Royal Fairmont Pavilion 5 minutes' drive
- Mullins Beach 10 minutes' drive
- Grantley Adams International Airport 45 minutes' drive
Set on a ridge overlooking the stunning west coast of Barbados, Sugar Hill is a prestigious private estate with excellent facilities and is within easy reach of Barbados’ beautiful beaches.
The club house is the hub of the resort, where you can relax on the covered terrace and admire the sea views, or take a dip in the communal pool. If you like to keep fit on holiday then there is a state of the art fitness centre with a well-equipped gym as well as a tennis club with four floodlit tennis courts. If you prefer to stay active in the water, then there is a stunning communal infinity pool where regular fitness classes are held. There is also an excellent poolside restaurant with views out to the ocean.
Sugar Hill Estate is within easy reach of world-class golf clubs, polo and cricket grounds, as well as some of Barbados’ most beautiful beaches along the west coast. Sophisticated beach clubs can be found at Mullins and Royal Pavillion, while the island has a variety of beaches perfect for activities from snorkelling to surfing. The estate is just 3.2km from Holetown where you’ll find an excellent range of shops, including the exclusive Limegrove Lifestyle Centre, as well as a wide range of restaurants, bars and clubs.