Douro Valley and the North, Portugal
- Valley views
- Breakfast included
- Added value experiences
About the villa
Gazing out to mile upon tranquil mile of sun-soaked vineyards, this striking house makes a fabulous hillside retreat and a fine base for lovers of food, wine and nature. Along with lovely country walks almost on the doorstep, the villa is well placed for excellent eateries, both simple and sophisticated, and guests are invited to enjoy, free of charge, a wine-tasting visit to one of the Port producing quintas. Leisurely days of local exploration could include a cruise on the Duoro River, inclusive for guests staying two weeks here, or the super-scenic journey of the valley’s historic steam train, following the riverside from Pinhão to Foz Tua through a landscape carved with terraced vineyards. Back at the villa, breakfast is included daily, a complimentary meal can be prepared during a stay of 7 nights or more, and extra cook service can be arranged for true relaxation. With satellite TV, WiFi, air conditioning and central heating, Vineyard Cottage has a cosy and comfy living room, a games room with snooker table, three elegantly traditional bedrooms with contemporary bath/shower rooms, and a small sitting room with big open views and direct access to the hexagon pool and al fresco dining terrace.
"Best villa stay ever! Vineyard Cottage is beautiful and so are the surroundings. Thank you so much for your hospitality. We'll miss it and hopefully be back soon!"
"We have just spent a wonderful week in the Vineyard Cottage it was the perfect spot to enjoy the Douro Vally. Architecturally the house is amazing, with a great pool and games room, and the views are nothing short of breathatking. But perhaps best of all was having a good hearty breakfast to set you up for a day of wine tasting! We highly recommend you also ask for dinner to be cooked for you, as you will not be dissapointed! We really felt we had the best of both worlds - our own space but with some service too and the staff were always happy to help. We will definitely be back in the Douro next year."
"We have had the most amazing week - thank you so much for looking after us! One week in the Douro Valley has not been enough, we'll definitely be back. Toca da Raposa is well worth the drive (we had dinner there twice!) and Estrela: We need the recipes for your amazing cakes!. Thank you for everything"
"This was without hesitation the best villa we have stayed in, and surpassed all expectations. Our holiday was lifted from outstanding to exceptional by the support provided by Estrela. She went to great lengths to ensure that everything went like clockwork and answered every question quickly and with a smile."
"We spent a fantastic 2 weeks in this beautiful house. The Douro Valley is a peaceful and special place and we love it! Estrela is a saint, we would like to take her home with us, her cooking is excellent and she is so helpful. We will be back!"
- Entrance to open plan sitting room and dining room
- Kitchen with staff access to exterior
- Entrance from exterior
- Double bedroom with bathroom en suite opening to terrace
- Double bedroom with shower room en suite opening to terrace
- Twin bedroom with shower room en suite (can be converted into a double on request basis)
- Small sitting room with sofa bed opening to pool terrace
- External access from first floor to outdoor dining area, utility room, WC/shower room. Steps to a further terraced garden level
- Access from pool terrace to games room with snooker, TV and music system
GAMES & SPORTS
- Snooker table
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms
- Hexagonal Pool - 6.30 x 5.40 x 4.20 x 0.60 x 5.20 x 5.00
- 1.15m x 1.40m deep
- Ladder Access
- Pool heating can be added on a request basis for an additional cost of 150 Euros per week payable locally.
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Hairdryers for all bedrooms
Please note that smoking is not permitted inside this property. Please note that a deposit of 30% is required for this property. Please note that the owner provides a basic welcome pack for this property which differs from the CV Welcome Pack. Full information will be provided in your joining instructions or is available on request. Please note that up to 3 additional guests can be accommodated at the property sleeping on a double sofa bed and fold out bed for £40 per night for rentals of up to 6 nights, £375 per person per weekAdd Minimum 1 week rental during July & August with Saturday change-overs preferred; minimum 3-night rentals accepted other periods
The owner of the property you are staying in will either visit you on arrival or will be available by phone during your stay. Contact details will be sent with your travel documents.
Arrival from 16:00 Departure by 11:00
Due to unprotected drops from the various terraced levels, this property is not ideal for toddlers and young children must be supervised.
Please refer to the Health & Safety pages on this website.
Travel and Additional services
CV Villas can book flights for our customers on scheduled, chartered or low cost airlines from London and regional UK airports. Please ask for details.
Car hire can be pre-booked through CV Villas with collection at the airport or port of arrival, and in some cases the hire car can be delivered to the villa for an additional charge. Please ask for details.
CV Villas offers a wide variety of additional services, to make your villa holiday even more special. You should be able to find all the information you need here, otherwise you can check out our frequently asked questions page
Service & Staffing
- For all durations:
- Port served on arrival
- Daily maid service ( except Sunday)
- Courtesy use of tablet
- For rentals of 7 nights and above nights from 1 July-31 August 2020:
- Basic welcome hamper
- Complimentary meal during the stay
- Complimentary use of local mobile phone with 10€ credit
- A visit to Quinta do Bomfim with wine tasting
- A two hour Rabelo boat ride on the Duoro (a non-exclusive regular tour with departure from Pinhao from April until the end of November and weather permitting)
- Vineyard terraces picnic
- Provesende (one of the protected Heritage Site villages, also features a good restaurant) - 5 km
- Pinhão (river marina & historic train station, restaurants & bars, specialist wine shops, basic convenience shops, banks & chemists) - 8 km
- Alijó (larger supermarkets) - 15 km
- Porto 120km
At Douro Valley’s westerly point, PORTUGAL’S second city Porto is your perfect starting point to explore the world’s oldest wine-producing region. The valley stretches from the Atlantic to the Spanish border in Northern Portugal, and the river its lifeblood. It boasts three UNESCO-protected regions, including Porto’s riverside barrio of Ribeira, with its Medieval streets and waterfront cafés, plus the key to the area: the Alto Douro Wine Region. Enjoy Porto’s soaring Sé (cathedral), its cloisters adored with azulejos painted tiles. Further east, religious worshippers head to the pretty town of Amarante, to touch the tomb of São Gonçalo.
Find out more about Douro Valley and the North.