Douro Valley and the North, Portugal
- Dramatic views
- Heated pool
- Table tennis
About the villa
Utterly relaxing in its scenic rural setting, this rambling house makes a lovely choice for winding-down to the local tempo, while its lay-out lends itself to a gathering of friends or family. There are two lower level wings, each with two bedrooms, linked by an upper floor which houses the villa’s master suite. Three of the five rooms are flexibly furnished for twin or double use, all have en suite bath or shower room, and Quinto Oleandro has air conditioning throughout. Uncluttered and understated, the villa has a comfortable TV room on the lower ground, complementing the main social space on the upper level, where a country-style dining room and contemporary sitting room have windows onto the views, and the kitchen opens out to the poolside terrace.
Facilities for outdoor living include cushioned cane seating in a covered gazebo, a pergola for al fresco dining in leafy shade, a generously sized, solar-heated pool, table tennis and a poolside putting green. Guests can enjoy a complimentary winery tour and tasting. With a village café and grocery shopping just 5.5km away, a 15km drive leads to restaurants and river cruises from Pinhao.
- Entrance hall
- Double bedroom with super king size bed and en-suite shower room
- Twin bedroom (can be made as a double) (each bed 0,90 x 2 metres) with en-suite shower room
- Steps up to upper level
- Kitchen with access to pool terrace
- Dining room
- Drawing room
- Master Bedroom suite with super king size bed and en-suite shower room
- Steps down to Lower Level
LOWER LEVEL (ACCESSED FROM GARDEN AS WELL AS UPPER LEVEL)
- TV room
- Twin bedroom ( can be made up as a double) (each bed 0,90 x 2 metres), with en-suite shower room
- Twin bedroom ( can be made up as a double) (each bed 0,90 x 2 metres), with an ensuite bathroom
- Flatscreen TV
- Satellite TV (all Sky Sports channels included)
- DVD Player
- Bluetooth speaker
- CD player
- iPod dock
GAMES & SPORTS
- Table tennis
- Football table
- Air conditioning throughout
- American fridge/freezer
- 15m x 6m
- 1.2m x 2.45m deep
- Built-in steps
- Pool is heated by solar panels
- Extra pool heating is available outside of July and August on request basis with an extra charge of £350 per week
- Washing machine
- Underfloor heating included
Please note that a deposit of 30% is required for this property. Please note that the owner provides a basic welcome pack for this property which differs from the CV Welcome Pack. Full information will be provided in your joining instructions or is available on request.
Minimum 1 week rentals apply with Saturday change-overs preferred in July & August; 3 nights minimum with flexible change-overs accepted other periods;
Although the minimum stay for this property is 7 nights. during the harvest season (September and October),the owner can arrange 4-nights fully catered “wine weekends” for 8 people hosted by the producer himself, which includes a guided tour of the estate and getting involved in whatever “the job of the day” is (picking or treading grapes, mixing or tasting, bottling, etc) as well as a few extras. Please enquirers.
An English speaking CV representative in Portugal will be available by phone during your stay. Contact details will be sent with your travel documents.
Arrival from 16:00 Departure by 10:00
Due to unprotected drops from the various terraced levels, this property is not ideal for toddlers and young children under the age of 7 years must be supervised.
Please refer to the Health & Safety pages on this website.
CV Villas can book flights for our customers on scheduled, chartered or low cost airlines from London and regional UK airports. Please ask for details.
Car hire can be pre-booked through CV Villas with collection at the airport or port of arrival, and in some cases the hire car can be delivered to the villa for an additional charge. Please ask for details.
CV Villas offers a wide variety of additional services, to make your villa holiday even more special. You should be able to find all the information you need here, otherwise you can check out our frequently asked questions page
Service & Staffing
- Maid service 2 hours per day 6 day(s) per week
- Welcome meal
- Linen change 2 day(s) per week including changeover day
- Towel change 2 day(s) per week including changeover day
- Basic welcome pack
- Quinta Macedos winery tour and tasting
available on request at an additional cost
- Cook service
- Pre-arrival grocery shopping
- Sarzedinho 5.5km ( local cafe and basic shop)
- Castanheiro 5.5km ( grocery shopping)
- Pinhao 15km ( Butcher, chemist , restaurants)
- Regua ( Large supermarket, restaurants) 30km
PLACES OF INTEREST
- Regua - Duoro museum, 6 Sesnes Spa 30kms
- Pinhao for river cruises and canoes 15km
- Porto 145km
- Regua 30km
At Douro Valley’s westerly point, PORTUGAL’S second city Porto is your perfect starting point to explore the world’s oldest wine-producing region. The valley stretches from the Atlantic to the Spanish border in Northern Portugal, and the river its lifeblood. It boasts three UNESCO-protected regions, including Porto’s riverside barrio of Ribeira, with its Medieval streets and waterfront cafés, plus the key to the area: the Alto Douro Wine Region. Enjoy Porto’s soaring Sé (cathedral), its cloisters adored with azulejos painted tiles. Further east, religious worshippers head to the pretty town of Amarante, to touch the tomb of São Gonçalo.
Find out more about Douro Valley and the North.