From £2,609 week
- Breakfast Cook service included
- Heated pool
- Hotel facilities within walking distance
About the villa
Located in a river valley just south of the relaxed seaside resort of Essaouira, Les Jardins des Douras is is a small hotel with three very spacious and comfortable fully staffed private villas set in mature private gardens within walking distance of facilities that the hotel offers. All three villas are furnished with richly coloured exotic fabrics and local tiles that Morocco is so well known for. All bedrooms can be made up as either double or twin and are of a consistent size, with air conditioning and either a bath or shower room en suite. The spacious living rooms catch the cooling breezes, and opens on to a broad veranda, with al fresco sitting and dining areas, each with a fabulous large pool with distinctive Moroccan tiling. At Villa Basmah, there are two bedrooms on the ground floor that are mirror images of each other, a further two bedrooms upstairs, one of which is self-contained and at the far end of the upper terrace. Breakfast is included and for other meals, guests can choose to either self-cater, ask the villa staff to prepare meals, select local specialities on the villa menu or dine at the noted hotel restaurant where hold barbecues are held on Sundays. Guests can also use the hotel bar and enjoy beauty and wellness treatments in the spa that this special hotel offers. The hotel staff will be pleased to advise on local activities such as surfing and car hire is available on a daily basis to explore.
Essaouira is a delightful 18th century seaside town, previously known as Mogador. The old town is enclosed by fortified walls, with distinctive white and blue houses alongside a series of wide sandy beaches backed by sand dunes and it is a popular destination for windsurfing. The town’s main square is filled with cafes and meandering walkways lead to the souk (market) excellent for buying jewellery and spices, and the the town is also noted for beautifully crafted woodwork made from thuya, a mahogany-like hardwood. Also worth visiting is the harbour and watching the wooden fishing boats bringing in their day’s catch and the fish restaurants are highly recommended.
We are delighted to introduce these properties to CV clients who we are sure will enjoy the flexible catering that these villa offer and exploring this interesting location.
- Steps up to entrance
- Open plan living room with dining area opening to pool terraced and few steps down to TV area
- Double (super king size, can be twin) bedroom with bathroom with bath and separate shower
- Double (super king size, can be twin) bedroom with bathroom with separate shower
- Double (super king size, can be twin) bedroom with shower room en suite and additional single bed
- Across terrace: self contained Double (super king size, can be twin) bedroom with shower room en suite and additional single bed
- Satellite TV (limited English speaking channels)
GAMES & SPORTS
- Table tennis
- Boules court
- Yoga terrace
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms
- Bathroom amenities
- Concierge service
- Breakfast included
- Iron & ironing board
Occupancy for 9 and 10: 2 additional full size single beds are in 2 bedrooms (1 in each bedroom) and are available free of charge.
Minimum stay: 3 nights apart from 5 nights for the following periods: April 6 - 22 (Easter), July 13 - August 24 (High Season), October 19 - November 3 (school holidays), December 21 – 3
The Villa Manager will welcome you on arrival, can advise on restaurant and shopping recommendations and will be available by telephone during your stay.
Commence 15:00, depart 12:00
Please refer to the Health & Safety pages on this website
A car with English speaking driver is available but needs to be pre-booked and costs are paid locally.
Service & Staffing
- Maid service 16 hours per day 7 day(s) per week
- Daily breakfast*
- Cook service*
- Daily housekeeping*
- Pool heating
* Including ingredients (fresh juice, moroccan pancakes, french toast, eggs)
* For lunch or dinner as required (shopping done by guests)
* Maids present 0700 - 2300 hrs, 2 maids work 2 shifts
Available on request at an additional cost
* Dishes from in house villa menu for lunch or dinner (cost per adult/child as indicated on menu)
* Cost of food (for informal included cook service)
* Beverages (for all catering options, guests can either shop locally for beverages or order from in house drinks menu)
* Laundry service
* Transfer from Marrakech, MAD 700 per taxi (up to 4 guests) MAD 1200 for up to 7 guests
- Bar, Restaurant and Taverna 100m at hotel
- Essaouira 13km
- Essaouira 13km
- Essaouira 10.6km
- Marrakech 176km
With our stunning selection of spacious luxury villas, many within easy reach of Marrakech, you can explore this vibrant country as much or as little as you please.
Famous for its stunning city lights, colourful tanneries, sunsets and mint tea, this North African country is one of only three nations which boast both Mediterranean and Atlantic coastlines. This makes Morocco an ideal location for a wide range of getaways, from beach lounging on the Atlantic coast to mountain hiking in the Atlas Mountains.
Graced with intricate Islamic architecture, desert scenery, and an intriguing soundscape, from the buzz of mopeds to the keening Muslim call to prayer, our perfectly located villas in Morocco provide visitors with the base for a richly textured experience.
Find out more about Morocco.