Near Orvieto, Todi & Northern Lazio, Umbria & Lazio, Italy
- Large heated pool
- Cook service included
- Tennis court
About the villa
With a pool house encompassing a kitchenette, the villa’s fifth bedroom, and a terrace for al fresco lunches, and with long lawns for lounging in the sun, the views from the exceptional swimming pool area are a timeless panorama of olive groves and rolling countryside. The main house is higher on the hillside, enjoying the same splendid outlook from a delightful covered dining terrace and from its three first floor bedrooms. And, separated just enough for added privacy, a studio suite houses the fourth en suite bedroom and its own sitting room. Named for the magnificent sun dial in the property, La Meridiana is a spacious and special place, featured in House & Garden and furnished throughout with beautiful fabrics, prints and paintings, and carefully chosen objets d’art. Relaxation comes naturally here, enhanced by inclusive cook service; and for active leisure, the villa has table tennis and shares a tennis court with a sister property. Restaurants at the pretty lakeside village of Colle di Tora are just a 13km drive from the villa, and Rome is just an hour (and a world) away.
'We loved the spaciousness of the villa, ensuite roomy bathrooms, comfortable beds, fly screen, fabulous pool. Very much a home from home. Plenty of helpful information. We loved the décor and of course the fabulous sundial. Usually we enjoy cooking for ourselves and eating out, so it made a nice change especially with the excellent food provided. Overall a very relaxing, restorative holiday.'
- Large covered dining terrace
- Entrance hall
- Sitting room
- Small sitting room
Studio (20m from the Main House)
- Twin bedroom with sitting area opening to terraces with shower room en suite
Pool House (60m from main house)
- Twin bedroom
- Shower room
- Basic Italian Sky satellite TV
- DVD Player
- DVD library
- Bluetooth speaker
- CD player
- Selection of books
GAMES & SPORTS
- Table tennis
- Board games
- 13m x 5m
- 1.4m x 1.8m deep
- Built-in steps
- Pool towels
- Electric cover
- Pool heating £200 per week
- At entrance to property, shared with sister property in same village. Racquets are provided but guests should bring their own balls
- Breakfast preparation
Fewer of You?
Prices for up to 8 people (for the Main House and Studio OR bedroom in Pool House will be closed) are available all season.
An English speaking CV representative in Italy will be available by phone during your stay. Contact details will be sent with your travel documents.
Arrival from 16:00 - 19:00. Departure by 10:00.
Please refer to the Health & Safety pages on this website.
CV Villas is delighted to offer our own allocation of scheduled seats on British Airways from London Heathrow to Pisa. Please see the Flights page or contact us for more details.
Car hire can be pre-booked through CV Villas with collection at the airport.
CV Villas offers a wide variety of additional services, to make your villa holiday even more special. You should be able to find all the information you need here, otherwise you can check out our frequently asked questions page or simply send us an enquiry.
Service & Staffing
- Maid service daily*
- Cook service*
- Welcome pack
- Linen change 1 day(s) per week*
* In the mornings
* The housekeeper will shop for food and beverages for the first weekend. She prepares breakfast and cleans daily until 1 pm. Dinner is then prepared for 2 hours in the evening. Food shopping is done by guests or can be done by staff for a €30 service charge per trip. There is also a selection of wine and sparkling wine and water available to purchase at the property.
* On Saturday (extra changes are available on request for an additional cost)
- Olgiata Golf Club 49km
- Bar, shop and bakery 1km Oliveto
- Restaurants 7km Posticciola and 13km Colle di Tora
- Supermarket and shopping centre 15km Osteria Nuova
- All amenities 35km Rieti
Places of INterest
- Riserva Naturale Monte Navegan e Monte Cervia 25km
- Arco di Contantino 49km
- Tivoli 80km
- Caprarola, Villa Lante, Bomarzo 100km
- Viterbo 110km
- Rome 85km
- Florence 330km
- Pisa 400km
- Faro Sabino 35km
In the south, an Umbria holiday comes dotted with honey-coloured stone farmsteads and sprinkled with olive groves—this region is not called ‘Italy’s green heart’ for nothing. The towns are a must-see for cathedral connoisseurs: there’s nothing restrained about the façade at Orvieto, yet one simple rose window is all that breaks up the classy simplicity at Todi. All of southern Umbria’s villas are within day-trip distance of Rome, too: the station at Orvieto has a fast link with the capital.
Find out more about Orvieto, Todi & Northern Lazio