From £7,407 week
La Dimora del Santo
Taormina and Eastern Sicily, Sicily, Italy
- Beautiful gardens
- Cook service included
- Celebration venue
About the villa
Tall palms cast their distinctive shadows onto the extensive lawns and walls of this historic house, which was built as an abbey in 1300, before becoming an important stately home for several centuries and, latterly, being restored as a magnificent choice for a special holiday. Quietly secluded in over a hundred private acres, its glorious gardens encompass ponds and a peaceful Indian pavilion, lawned paths through scented plants and splendid symmetry, cypress and citrus trees, and buildings ablaze with bougainvillea and climbing roses. They are also home to a twenty metre swimming pool set into a pretty garden courtyard, served by a pool house with bar, barbecue, shaded terrace and a spa area creatively built into a round tower with a hammam and sauna. Within the property, timber raftered ceilings and huge stone arches span timelessly elegant country house décor, where various social spaces complement ten bedrooms, while two special suites are privately placed off the garden courtyard.
With cook service included and concierge services offered by the house manager, the unique La Dimora del Santo is just a ten minute drive from east coast beaches. With the option of dining either in the main dining room or on the shaded terrace and at different spots within the gardens, this is an ideal venue for a special celebration. Within very easy reach of Catania Airport, and beaches, the celebrated Baroque towns of Siracusa and Noto, the ceramics centre of Caltagirone, the celebrated mosaics at Piazza Armermina, Mount Etna, Taormina and noted vineyards, this is a perfect spot for touring. Guides can be arranged on request.
“This is a wonderful property. A great location, beautiful paradise gardens with views of Etna & the sea, charming & comfortable accommodation and above all a wonderfully kind, gracious & efficient team. My guests and I enjoyed a magical week. Faultless, is this the Koh-i-noor of CV’s crown?”
- Entrance Hall
- Drawing Room
- Library with TV
- Office for Villa Manager
- Large dining room opening to garden
- Winter garden/arcaded dining terrace
- 10 double (king size) bedrooms (can be made up as twin on request) with bathroom (with one exception which has a shower room) en suite opening out onto main central courtyard
- Single bedroom interconnecting with one double bedroom
SEPARATE GARDEN COURTYARD
- Junior suite, with double bedroom (king size) can be twin with bathroom en suite
- Junior suite, with double bedroom (king size bed) with bathroom en suite and sitting room
- Portable barbecue
GAMES & SPORTS
- Table tennis
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms
- Professional kitchen which can also be used by guests with assistance from the staff
- 20m x 9m
- 3m deep
- Built-in steps
- Pool house with bar, sink and barbecue
- Washing machine
- Hairdryers for all bedrooms
- Iron & ironing board
- Pool towels
Please note from 13 August - 31 August, prices are available for up to 18 people - 9 bedrooms (in the main house) will be available. Prices are also available for 19 - 25 people with all bedrooms available.
For all other dates, prices are available for up to 12 people - 6 bedrooms (in the main house), 13 - 18 people (9 bedrooms in the main house), and for 19 - 25 people - the entire property is available.
This property can accommodate up to 150 - 200 people in total for a special celebration. Further details are available on request.
When resident, the owners' quarters occupy the east wing of this substantial property, accessed via a separate entrance not overlooking the pool or extensive gardens. Their local knowledge is exceptional they will be pleased to give personal recommendations.
An English speaking CV Representative in Italy will be available by telephone during your stay. Contact details will be sent with your travel documents.
Arrival between 16:00 - 19:00. Departure by 10:00.
Please refer to the Health & Safety pages on this website.
CV Villas is happy to book flights for our customers on scheduled, chartered or low cost airlines from London and regional UK airports. Please ask for details.
Car hire can be pre-booked through CV Villas with collection at the airport of arrival. Please ask for details.
CV Villas offers a wide variety of additional services, to make your villa holiday even more special. You should be able to find all the information you need here, otherwise you can check out our frequently asked questions page or simply send us an enquiry.
Service & Staffing
- Cook assisted by staff providing 3 meals per day (breakfast, lunch and dinner and drinks or snacks and canapes as required) between 0800 hrs - 2200 hrs with some time off in the afternoon. All food and beverages payable against till receipts in cash. Euro 30 service charge for shopping for food and beverages per trip.
- Welcome refreshment on arrival
- Concierge services provided by (non-resident) Villa Manager for menu and excursion planning and reservations (boat hire, beaches, in-villa wellness and beauty treatments)
- Daily housekeeping
- Personal laundry service (ironing payable locally)
- One 'Meet and Greet' service at Catania Airport
Available on request at an additional cost
- All food and beverages
- Cooking classes
- Wine tasting
- In villa wellness and beauty treatments
- Boat rental
- Private guides
- Airport transfers
- Car and driver
- Amenities 5km
PLACES OF INTEREST
- Siracusa 34km
- Oasi di Vendicari 63km
- Noto 64km
- Caltagirone 74km
- Taormina 88km
- Ragusa 92km
- Modica 100km
- Nearest beaches - sandy 3 km
- Catania 30 minute drive
Perhaps Sicily’s main tourist destination, Taormina has something for everyone. A fabulous coastline, a land and history shaped by an active volcano and a choice of a low key evening or a livelier night a little further down the coast. The east coast’s history of being conquered has led to a rich cultural heritage with so many sites to see – most famously being the ancient theatres. With this in mind, it could be easy to miss out on a shopping experience – choose from the independent gift shops or the more well-known stores found in Catania. And of course, you can’t avoid the magnificent and varied Italian cuisine.
Find out more about Taormina and Eastern Sicily