From £1,528 week
Masseria del Mare
- Flexible accommodation
- All bedrooms en suite
- Extensively renovated for the 2019 season
About the villa
With its west facing front terrace enjoying the golden tones of the sun setting, and fabulously furnished for outdoor living, this elegant stone-built house, set privately adjacent to an oak wood, blends traditional materials with very individual décor and stylish colourful touches. The airy and elegant star vaulted living room and dining area catch cooling breezes, and the dining area opens to the terrace and portico at the front and rear of the villa. On the front terrace, there is ample seating in sun and shaded spots complemented by an al fresco dining areas. The rear furnished portico looks out to the oak woodland. All five bedrooms are decorated with flair in elegant Italian style with colourful fabrics, but are also functional. Each are of a consistent size and standard with ample wardrobe space, air conditioning and en suite shower room. Two bedrooms are on the first floor of the main house, one with a broad private terrace overlooking the pool, oak wood and countryside. The other two are at ground floor level, accessed from the rear portico.
In the gardens there is also a cottage for additional guests, about 30m from the villa. From the front terrace and garden, a stone archway leads through to the pool area with fabulous large pool with ample sunbeds, umbrellas, new built in seating, bar area and hammocks placed amongst the oak trees. Very privately positioned, this elegant property is just 1 km from amenities in the local village of Patu. The seaside towns of Torre Vado and Santa Maria di Leuca, with magnificent sandy beaches with clear, gently sloping beaches with crystalline waters and lively beach clubs with bars and restaurants are a very short drive away. Further inexpensive restaurants are in and around picturesque local villages. Day trips and yacht and boat trips can also be organised to explore the beautiful coastline and sea grottoes. The property has had extensive renovations for the 2019 season including a bar area by the pool, and the bedrooms have been refurbished in elegant Italian style.
- Entrance into dining area
- Sitting room opening to terrace
- Kitchen opening to terrace and service utility area
- From portico at the rear of the villa access to: double bedroom with shower room en suite and double bedroom (can be twin, with shower room en suite. These two bedrooms are connected internally.
- Double bedroom (can be twin) with shower room en suite
- Master double bedroom (king size bed) with shower room en suite opening to terrace
- Entrance into sitting room with sofa bed, compact kitchen area and dining table.
- Double bedroom (king size bed) with shower room en suite
- Built-in barbecue
- Bar area
- Sky TV package
- Satellite TV (limited English speaking channels)
- DVD Player
- Bluetooth speaker
- Selection of books
GAMES & SPORTS
- Table tennis
- Pool inflatables
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms
- Ceiling fans in all bedrooms
- Coffee machine
- Nespresso machine
- 10m x 10m
- 1.2m x 1.4m deep
- Built-in steps
- Outdoor shower
- Pool house with WC and shower room
- Pool towels
- Washing machine
- Hairdryers for all bathrooms
- Iron & ironing board
- Central heating included
Please note that between the 30th June - 10 August 2019, the villa manager occupies the Cottage. The Cottage also has a separate entrance and does not overlook the pool or terraces.
An English speaking CV Representative in Italy will visit during your stay. Contact details will be sent with your travel documents.
Arrival from 16:00. Departure by 10:00.
CV Villas is delighted to offer our own allocation of scheduled seats on British Airways from London Gatwick to Bari. Please see the Flights page or contact us for more details.
Car hire can be pre-booked through CV Villas with collection at the airport or port of arrival. Please ask for details.
CV Villas offers a wide variety of additional services, to make your villa holiday even more special. You should be able to find all the information you need here, otherwise you can check out our frequently asked questions page or simply send us an enquiry.
Service & Staffing
- Welcome pack
- Maid service 4 hours per day 3 day(s) per week
- Linen change 1 day(s) per week
- Towel change 1 day(s) per week
Available on request at an additional cost
- Cook service
- In villa wellness or beauty treatments can be arranged at the villa
- Personal laundry service or dry cleaning
- Freshly cut flowers
- Shops and restaurants in Patu 1km
- Shops and restaurants in Castrignano 1km
- Shops and restaurants in Santa Maria di Leuca Leuca 3km
- Shops and restaurants in Gagliano a Capo 3km
Places of Interest
- Gallipoli 30km
- Otranto 30km
- Lecce 70km
- Brindisi 115km
- Gagliano del Capo 5km
If a building can be a symbol for a whole region, then the trullo stands for Puglia—also known as ‘Apulia’ in English. Think of a Puglia villa holiday and those round, whitewashed limestone buildings with their comical, conical roofs always spring to mind. But there’s more to the region that is the narrow heel of Italy’s boot than trullo country around Alberobello. Discover baroque beauty in Lecce, Emperor Frederick II’s mysterious architecture at the Castel del Monte, and total relaxation on a Puglia villa stay in a rural Masseria.
Find out more about Puglia